Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
El_Patriot

2017 Game Completion Thread.

Crash Bandicoot (PS4) - never really played more than a level back in the day. This is a great example of a remake done right though.

Inside (PS4) - not a clue what that was about but it was brilliant!

Resident evil 7 (PS4)

Bloodborne (PS4)

Octodad Dadliest Catch (PS4)

Gone Home (PS4)

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

Doom (PS4)

Titanfall 2 (PS4)

The Last Guardian (PS4)

The Last of Us - Left Behind (PS4)

The Last of Us (PS4)

Uncharted 3 (PS4)

Uncharted 2 (PS4)

Uncharted (PS4)

Limbo (PS4)

During my week off, when I got too salty with Battlegrounds, I also managed to blast through:

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - PC. Took a while to get into this, but once I did I enjoyed it enough to see through. A solid 7. The Edge review is a pisstake. Lovely looking game too.

Resident Evil 0 - PC. Played through a few hours on this on Gamecube and remember it as being a bit shit, but tried the Remaster and really enjoyed it. Love how the story fleshes out the first game in the mansion too.

Final Fantasy XII - The Zodiac Age - PS4

Mafia 3 - Stones Unturned - PC

The Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine - PC

Ghost Recon Wildlands - PS4

Secret of Mana - Snes9x

The Last of Us & Left Behind - PS4.

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone - PC

RiME - PC

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC

Mass Effect Andromeda - PC

Persona 5 - PS4

Little Nightmares - PC

What Remains of Edith Finch - PC

Mafia III - Faster Baby - PC

Nier Automata - PC

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

Alien: Isolation - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

Forza Horizon 3 - Blizzard Mountain - PC.

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - PC. Took a while to get into this, but once I did I enjoyed it enough to see through. A solid 7. The Edge review is a pisstake. Lovely looking game too

What did the edge review say?

Shit puzzles and combat and turns mental illness into a game mechanic. 4/10.

The vid reviews I've seen all appear to have been quite moved by what they experienced. Pretentious wankers at Edge though.

Oxenfree (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

Final Fantasy XV (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

The Sexy Brutale (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Mass Effect: Andromeblah (PS4) - 2017 - 2/5

Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - 2017 - 5/5

Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4) - 2016 - 3/5

Watch Dogs 2 (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (Redux) (PC) - 2014 - 3/5

Dropsy (PC) - 2015 - 3/5

Inside (PC) - 2016 - 5/5

Black The Fall (PC) - 2017 - 3/5

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Gorgeous, well written and the sound design is absolutely phenomenal (especially wearing some surround headphones).

My only complain would be it felt like it dragged a bit, the puzzles and combat are fairly shallow, which would be fine if the game was a bit shorter. Overall though, I really enjoyed this.

Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)

60 hours, and it was great. My only criticisms are too much stealth (sometimes I wish I could have just run around without having to periodically hide) and a little bit of open world fatigue, although this isn't as bad as a Ubisoft game. I have a few minor side missions to mop up for the platinum.

Just in time for Uncharted next week and Destiny 2 a couple of weeks later.

Edit: Last few bits were actually fairly short abd straight forward, so platinum earned.

Edited by El_Patriot

Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry - PS4. PS+ freebie. Good fun, doesn't outstay its welcome. Fucking up racists feels good man.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - PC.

Resident Evil 0 - PC.

Secret of Mana - Snes9x

RiME - PC

Persona 5 - PS4

Little Nightmares - PC

Nier Automata - PC

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Sonic Mania. Mostly really liked it, lots of great touches and level design. Final zone's a bit too long and the first act of Mirage Saloon's a waste. Also Metallic Madness is rubbish, still.

Dying Light-poc-I had a great deal of fun with this, played 99.9% in co-op but the ending is an enforced single player section that is all trial and error and not in keeping with the rest of the game. The parkour is excellent and the combat satisfying. Well worth a play, but I'm safe in saying I will not play this game ever again. A bitter/sweet ending.(reposted because it's 2017...)

WatchDogs-PS4- Yep, really enjoyed that. Not without its flaws but well worth the amount of time I put into it. Got all the single player trophies except the drinking one and starting to work my way towards the online ones. A lot of fun.And Platinum now!

Batman:Telltale Episode 1-This has the usual Telltale Jank, but a little bit less than usual. Good story so far, mixing up the Batman legend. Can't wait to see what happens :)

Batman-Telltale-Episode 2-5- Really enjoyed this. It did fell like more story than gameplay than other Telltale games but it's a good story and it sets it up for a sequel which I'll get when it's on sale. Also another Platinum, although this was a hell of a lot easier than the Watchdogs one.

Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance-PS3-Bat Shit, short and a lot of fun. If you like action games then there's absolutely no reason you won't like this. Even the story had me grinning like a loon, and the final boss is brilliantly OTT. So glad I played it. Maybe I'll play another Metal Gear game at some point.

Star Wars Battlefront:Platinum:Fuck you. I did it. Never entering the single play menu again.EVER! Love the MP though :)

To The Moon-Poc- I needed a break from all the combat heavy games I've been playing the last month(Yakuza 3 and Dead Rising 3) so I played this. Literally the complete polar opposite game. It's a sweet story but not much of a game. I enjoyed it though.

Zelda:Breath of the Wild-Wii U- Fuck me what a game. Best Open world game ever. Horizon isn't even fit to be in the same room, let alone suck its dick. I'm literally at a loss deciding what to play next.

The Last Guardian-PS4-I really enjoyed this. Not without its problems but I expected them going in. Made my eyes rain too. Well worth a play especially as it can be had for peanuts now.

Destiny:Rise of Iron-PS4-Short, sweet and fun. I shouldn't have bought it though as it now has its hooks in my balls again. With this, Overwatch and Battlefront I don't think I'm going to complete many games this year.

EDIT: The Beatles are excellent (in spite of them being Scousers), as is Half Life 2. Episode 1 not so much but 2 is brilliant.

Assassins Creed:Cockney version- PS4-Yeah this is really good fun. I doubt I'm going to platinum it as I tried multiple times to extract the corrupt Copper from Scotland Yard and no matter what I did I couldn't do it without killing people. There are some control issues still that I hope are gone from Oranges. Still got Jack the Ripper dlc but that may have to go on the backburner.

Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4)

Ended up finishing this in a day last week, stayed up til 6am because I wanted to see the end.

Not as good as the first one by quite a stretch, but still very good.

Mass Effect: Andromeda. Well fuck me it took a bit of getting used to but in the end I bloody loved it. Completely addicted to the world and thought then main story thread was interesting and well paced. The problems with the game are well documented but for me the main issue was how complicated the UI was, only really experimented with my char because I had so many upgrade points so I just stuck them in random slots, most seemed useless though. Also the weapon development gimmick was total crap and I would have loved exploring to find loot, but there is none so you don't bother.

Uncharted: Lost Legacy (PS4)

More of the same, although it felt quite short to me. Still excellent though, and budget price too.

Uncharted 4 (PS4) - well... Looked gorgeous. Still constantly takes control away so it could so q little stumble or just to look about which I have to admit just annoys the tits off me. It was genuinely a great game up until about chapter 13 or 14 when it became a slog. And the less said about the final boss the better. Good game. Good finish.

Crash Bandicoot (PS4)

Inside (PS4)

Resident evil 7 (PS4)

Bloodborne (PS4)

Octodad Dadliest Catch (PS4)

Gone Home (PS4)

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

Doom (PS4)

Titanfall 2 (PS4)

The Last Guardian (PS4)

The Last of Us - Left Behind (PS4)

The Last of Us (PS4)

Uncharted 3 (PS4)

Uncharted 2 (PS4)

Uncharted (PS4)

Limbo (PS4)

Bank holiday. Sun out. Fuck that :D

Yakuza 0 - PS4. This is the best Yakuza yet. Loads of content, great characters, great pacing to the story. Just an amazing game after the slightly underwhelming Y5.

Metro: Last Light - PC. Most sexist game ever! Women are either being raped or stripping! One attempt at a strong female character just falls apart and she ends up getting those baps out too. Apart from that, decent enough monster FPS.

Assassin's Creed - Freedom Cry - PS4

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - PC.

Resident Evil 0 - PC.

Secret of Mana - Snes9x

RiME - PC

Persona 5 - PS4

Little Nightmares - PC

Nier Automata - PC

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Just Cause 3 - Xbox

Like JC2, only more modern and I'm sure it's smaller even though it's huge. Blasted the DLC as well which gives you rocket wingsuit!

I may go all OCD and collect the shit up. I would love to see this on the XboxX at full 1080p/60fps, I think it'll be too much at 4K

Dying Light-poc-I had a great deal of fun with this, played 99.9% in co-op but the ending is an enforced single player section that is all trial and error and not in keeping with the rest of the game. The parkour is excellent and the combat satisfying. Well worth a play, but I'm safe in saying I will not play this game ever again. A bitter/sweet ending.(reposted because it's 2017...)

WatchDogs-PS4- Yep, really enjoyed that. Not without its flaws but well worth the amount of time I put into it. Got all the single player trophies except the drinking one and starting to work my way towards the online ones. A lot of fun.And Platinum now!

Batman:Telltale Episode 1-This has the usual Telltale Jank, but a little bit less than usual. Good story so far, mixing up the Batman legend. Can't wait to see what happens :)

Batman-Telltale-Episode 2-5- Really enjoyed this. It did fell like more story than gameplay than other Telltale games but it's a good story and it sets it up for a sequel which I'll get when it's on sale. Also another Platinum, although this was a hell of a lot easier than the Watchdogs one.

Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance-PS3-Bat Shit, short and a lot of fun. If you like action games then there's absolutely no reason you won't like this. Even the story had me grinning like a loon, and the final boss is brilliantly OTT. So glad I played it. Maybe I'll play another Metal Gear game at some point.

Star Wars Battlefront:Platinum:Fuck you. I did it. Never entering the single play menu again.EVER! Love the MP though :)

To The Moon-Poc- I needed a break from all the combat heavy games I've been playing the last month(Yakuza 3 and Dead Rising 3) so I played this. Literally the complete polar opposite game. It's a sweet story but not much of a game. I enjoyed it though.

Zelda:Breath of the Wild-Wii U- Fuck me what a game. Best Open world game ever. Horizon isn't even fit to be in the same room, let alone suck its dick. I'm literally at a loss deciding what to play next.

The Last Guardian-PS4-I really enjoyed this. Not without its problems but I expected them going in. Made my eyes rain too. Well worth a play especially as it can be had for peanuts now.

Destiny:Rise of Iron-PS4-Short, sweet and fun. I shouldn't have bought it though as it now has its hooks in my balls again. With this, Overwatch and Battlefront I don't think I'm going to complete many games this year.

EDIT: The Beatles are excellent (in spite of them being Scousers), as is Half Life 2. Episode 1 not so much but 2 is brilliant.

Assassins Creed:Cockney version- PS4-Yeah this is really good fun. I doubt I'm going to platinum it as I tried multiple times to extract the corrupt Copper from Scotland Yard and no matter what I did I couldn't do it without killing people. There are some control issues still that I hope are gone from Oranges. Still got Jack the Ripper dlc but that may have to go on the backburner.

Uncharted:Tornado Low Level-PS4-Looks gorgeous, and doesn't outstay it's welcome like 4. Brilliant.

Walking Dead: Michonne (PS4)

Very short. More of the same, but seeing as she is a main character in the books and tv show there was never any suspense and the recurring vision bits were lame. I vaguely remember it being from PS Plus or at least dirt cheap in a sale, so good value for what it was.

Uncharted:Tornado Low Level-PS4-Looks gorgeous, and doesn't outstay it's welcome like 4. Brilliant.

Battlefield 1-Bone-Mostly shit, with a few moments that shine.

By few moments do you mean literally the first 5 minutes and nothing else

I liked those and the flying missions. Fuck that aimbot train in the last mission.

Yakuza Kiwami - enjoyed it but couldn't shake the feeling the cutscenes weren't of the same standard of previous games, probably a lower budget. Roll on 6 which looks amazing!

Batman: Arkham Knight [PS4]

Destiny/Taken King/Rise of Iron [PS4] - single player/story missions

Tales from the borderlands - episodes 1,2,3

Tales from the borderlands - episodes 4,5

Destiny 2- single player campaign[PS4]: - thankful for the campaign, seeing as the first game confused the hell out of me. Couple of really wow moments that must look amazing on a 4K HDR tv. Even on my 10 year old telly it was pretty special.

Battlefield 1-Bone-Mostly shit, with a few moments that shine.

Destiny 2-PS4-Excellent fun was had. Looking forward to the many hundreds of hours ahead. :)