Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
El_Patriot

2017 Game Completion Thread.

How long was it? Considering picking it up when the Switch version is out but don't want to pay a premium if it is quite short.

Edit: never mind, just saw your other post.

Edited by El_Patriot

Finished Dishonored 2 on the weekend. It was basically the same as the first one but with some annoying bugs, lots of performance issues, frustrating control quirks, improved but less consistent AI, less varied environments, fewer standout missions and a recycled story that manages to be even worse than the first game's with a truly laughable ending.

It's still very good with excellent level design, but it doesn't really do anything better than the first game but does quite a few things worse. Also bemused by the bizarre decision to make bone charms random. The vast majority are useless and it wasn't until the last few levels that I found anything really worth using - stuff like faster body carrying, faster sneaking, faster stealth attacks). Should have been folded into the rune upgrade system, character building shouldn't be left to RNG.

So yeah, a disappointment but still good.

Finished Dishonored 2 on the weekend. It was basically the same as the first one but with some annoying bugs, lots of performance issues, frustrating control quirks, improved but less consistent AI, less varied environments, fewer standout missions and a recycled story that manages to be even worse than the first game's with a truly laughable ending.

It's still very good with excellent level design, but it doesn't really do anything better than the first game but does quite a few things worse. Also bemused by the bizarre decision to make bone charms random. The vast majority are useless and it wasn't until the last few levels that I found anything really worth using - stuff like faster body carrying, faster sneaking, faster stealth attacks). Should have been folded into the rune upgrade system, character building shouldn't be left to RNG.

So yeah, a disappointment but still good.

Could never get my head around the original Dishonored, it just didn't click the way it seemed to for other people. Glad I wasn't alone!

I do hear their Prey is fantastic and blows D2 out the water, but I've still to get around to that.

Oxenfree (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

Final Fantasy XV (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

The Sexy Brutale (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Mass Effect: Andromeblah (PS4) - 2017 - 2/5

Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - 2017 - 5/5

Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4) - 2016 - 3/5

Watch Dogs 2 (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

Another one I started and abandoned last year trying to keep up with all the new releases. The game was tons of fun when it let me just experiment with all the hacking tools and cool driving - less so when it forced me to use combat, but hey ho.

Some awesome characters, a great upbeat attitude, and a few good choons on the radio.

Well I did like Dishonored/2, was just a bit let down at the same time. We've actually been a bit split on Prey on here, few of us loved it, few of us didn't. I thought it was fantastic. If you liked System Shock back in the day it's well worth playing. If you never tried that, it's like Bioshock but with significantly more depth and freedom.

The Witcher 3 - Hearts of Stone - PC. First DLC of my NG+ playthrough done and dusted. Very good, but a lot shorter than I remembered.

RiME - PC

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC

Mass Effect Andromeda - PC

Persona 5 - PS4

Little Nightmares - PC

What Remains of Edith Finch - PC

Mafia III - Faster Baby - PC

Nier Automata - PC

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

Alien: Isolation - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

Forza Horizon 3 - Blizzard Mountain - PC.

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Half Life 2 on the Xbox via BC - A bit clunky in places, but I still didn't want to put it down. Going to work through Ep1 and 2 next. I never player Ep2 either.

I didn't really recall much of the main game tbf, it was like playing a game for the first time. The physics are still outstanding.

You don't remember it because it was bloody boring except for the 'zombie' level I cant think if the name of. HL2 is one if the most overrated games of all time.

Whenever people say that I think they must have had a different disc in their box or something. I bet you don't rate The Last of Us too you weirdo!!

Last of Us was great! HL2 was incredibly dull to me. Standout moment was driving around forever and a tedious area where you couldn't stand on sand.

I also think the Beatles were a massive pile of shit, so what do I know.

Dying Light-poc-I had a great deal of fun with this, played 99.9% in co-op but the ending is an enforced single player section that is all trial and error and not in keeping with the rest of the game. The parkour is excellent and the combat satisfying. Well worth a play, but I'm safe in saying I will not play this game ever again. A bitter/sweet ending.(reposted because it's 2017...)

WatchDogs-PS4- Yep, really enjoyed that. Not without its flaws but well worth the amount of time I put into it. Got all the single player trophies except the drinking one and starting to work my way towards the online ones. A lot of fun.And Platinum now!

Batman:Telltale Episode 1-This has the usual Telltale Jank, but a little bit less than usual. Good story so far, mixing up the Batman legend. Can't wait to see what happens :)

Batman-Telltale-Episode 2-5- Really enjoyed this. It did fell like more story than gameplay than other Telltale games but it's a good story and it sets it up for a sequel which I'll get when it's on sale. Also another Platinum, although this was a hell of a lot easier than the Watchdogs one.

Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance-PS3-Bat Shit, short and a lot of fun. If you like action games then there's absolutely no reason you won't like this. Even the story had me grinning like a loon, and the final boss is brilliantly OTT. So glad I played it. Maybe I'll play another Metal Gear game at some point.

Star Wars Battlefront:Platinum:Fuck you. I did it. Never entering the single play menu again.EVER! Love the MP though :)

To The Moon-Poc- I needed a break from all the combat heavy games I've been playing the last month(Yakuza 3 and Dead Rising 3) so I played this. Literally the complete polar opposite game. It's a sweet story but not much of a game. I enjoyed it though.

Zelda:Breath of the Wild-Wii U- Fuck me what a game. Best Open world game ever. Horizon isn't even fit to be in the same room, let alone suck its dick. I'm literally at a loss deciding what to play next.

The Last Guardian-PS4-I really enjoyed this. Not without its problems but I expected them going in. Made my eyes rain too. Well worth a play especially as it can be had for peanuts now.

Destiny:Rise of Iron-PS4-Short, sweet and fun. I shouldn't have bought it though as it now has its hooks in my balls again. With this, Overwatch and Battlefront I don't think I'm going to complete many games this year.

EDIT: The Beatles are excellent (in spite of them being Scousers), as is Half Life 2. Episode 1 not so much but 2 is brilliant.

ergo, El Pat is wrong :lol:

Apart from the Beatles thing.

Never saw why everyone jizzed all over Half Life. It was alright but nothing really special. And I'm alright with The Beatles.

Resident Evil Zero - Xbox

I never played it before, but if it played like the old Resi games, then I'm glad for updated controls. I got eaten by a frog which was nice.It still suffers from the annoying camera angles which will have you switching between the scenes until you get your bearings.

Edited by Al

Resident Evil Zero - Xbox

I never played it before, but if it played like the old Resi games, then I'm glad for updated controls. I got eaten by a frog which was nice.It still suffers from the annoying camera angles which will have you switching between the scenes until you get your bearings.

I liked it, the two person mechanic worked well. Me and a mate played it like a co-op/pass the pad game as we swapped between them. Bring on REmake 2!

I really enjoyed Zero on the GC. I'm actually gutted I've sold my collection tbh. I was skint at the time, now I'm not but I can't justify buying it all back. :(

You could always pick up the hd remasters. They have been quite cheap on PS store before, probably will again.

The Last of Us & Left Behind - PS4. Fourth time through this game (once on PS3, twice on PS4 and now on PS4 Pro in 4k). Top ten stuff. Amazing game.

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone - PC

RiME - PC

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC

Mass Effect Andromeda - PC

Persona 5 - PS4

Little Nightmares - PC

What Remains of Edith Finch - PC

Mafia III - Faster Baby - PC

Nier Automata - PC

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

Alien: Isolation - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

Forza Horizon 3 - Blizzard Mountain - PC.

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Batman: Arkham Knight [PS4]

Destiny/Taken King/Rise of Iron [PS4] - single player/story missions: After gorging myself on Witcher for a while, of course the sickness came in so thought I'd try Destiny again for a bit, but this time try the multiplayer. And how that bit! been playing constantly since. The gunplay is just sublime, as is the balancing. Story went from shite to meh, but the mechanics are pure Bungie. looking forward to 2, and getting the Multiplayer on in the meantime.

Lego City Undercover (Switch)

A fun game. If you played a previous Lego game it is like that but mixed with GTA (i.e open world, vehicles to drive, collectibles etc) and Metroid (unlocking abilities to backtrack through previous areas). Has a few movie spoofs and references that are fun too.

I spent about 15 hours on the missions and a few more on exploring, although I only finished at a quarter completed. I might continue exploring until Splatoon 2 next month.

Edited by El_Patriot

Oxenfree (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

Final Fantasy XV (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

The Sexy Brutale (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Mass Effect: Andromeblah (PS4) - 2017 - 2/5

Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - 2017 - 5/5

Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4) - 2016 - 3/5

Watch Dogs 2 (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (Redux) (PC) - 2014 - 3/5

Never played the original version of this when it came out, so not sure what that was like, but the Redux version looked gorgeous.

Decent little narrative exploration game, with some light puzzle solving and vaguely horror elements. It didn't hit all the notes it tried to, but was an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon.