Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
El_Patriot

2017 Game Completion Thread.

Gone Home (PS4) - Not sure what I expected going in to this but that was pretty darn good. I'm not going to say anything other than if you get a couple of hours free, sit down and play it and give it your full attention.

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

Doom (PS4)

Titanfall 2 (PS4)
The Last Guardian (PS4)
The Last of Us - Left Behind (PS4)
The Last of Us (PS4)
Uncharted 3 (PS4)
Uncharted 2 (PS4)
Uncharted (PS4)
Limbo (PS4)

I'm counting this as a quad post...

Octodad Dadliest Catch (PS4) - Infuriating but brief and quite silly.

Gone Home (PS4)

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

Doom (PS4)

Titanfall 2 (PS4)
The Last Guardian (PS4)
The Last of Us (PS4)
Uncharted 3 (PS4)
Uncharted 2 (PS4)
Uncharted (PS4)
Limbo (PS4)

Dead Rising 4 (XBone) - Pretty weak entry for the series tbh. Proper easy, didn't die once!! They've removed all the challenge, it now auto saves, no time limits and the psychos are gone which is a huge loss. Combo weapons are back (which I never liked as it renders the normal items pointless) but most are rubbish. Quite enjoyed the story and the contro system is defiantly the best I've used. But ok the whole, a forgettable game that's best picked up for cheap.

Mafia 3: Faster, Baby - PC. I really enjoyed the base game, so got the season pass for 10 quid in a sale. This is the first of three chapters and it's really good. Only about two hours long, but a really well designed bad guy, whole new area to cruise around and a great hippie 60's vibe.

Nier Automata - PC. Wow. Bit blown away by this. All the madness (maybe more) from the original Nier coupled with combat from those platinum games guys and the best soundtrack ever = an absolute kick ass action RPG. I could go on and on about how much I loved the plot and themes and stuff, but just... play it.

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

Alien: Isolation - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

Forza Horizon 3 - Blizzard Mountain - PC.

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Yakuza (PS2) - clunky controls, awful English dub but interesting to see a lot of the basic ideas in place for the later games.

Dying Light-poc-I had a great deal of fun with this, played 99.9% in co-op but the ending is an enforced single player section that is all trial and error and not in keeping with the rest of the game. The parkour is excellent and the combat satisfying. Well worth a play, but I'm safe in saying I will not play this game ever again. A bitter/sweet ending.(reposted because it's 2017...)

WatchDogs-PS4- Yep, really enjoyed that. Not without its flaws but well worth the amount of time I put into it. Got all the single player trophies except the drinking one and starting to work my way towards the online ones. A lot of fun.And Platinum now!

Batman:Telltale Episode 1-This has the usual Telltale Jank, but a little bit less than usual. Good story so far, mixing up the Batman legend. Can't wait to see what happens :)

Batman-Telltale-Episode 2-5- Really enjoyed this. It did fell like more story than gameplay than other Telltale games but it's a good story and it sets it up for a sequel which I'll get when it's on sale. Also another Platinum, although this was a hell of a lot easier than the Watchdogs one.

Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance-PS3-Bat Shit, short and a lot of fun. If you like action games then there's absolutely no reason you won't like this. Even the story had me grinning like a loon, and the final boss is brilliantly OTT. So glad I played it. Maybe I'll play another Metal Gear game at some point.

Star Wars Battlefront:Platinum:Fuck you. I did it. Never entering the single play menu again.EVER! Love the MP though :)

To The Moon-Poc- I needed a break from all the combat heavy games I've been playing the last month(Yakuza 3 and Dead Rising 3) so I played this. Literally the complete polar opposite game. It's a sweet story but not much of a game. I enjoyed it though.

Zelda:Breath of the Wild-Wii U- Fuck me what a game. Best Open world game ever. Horizon isn't even fit to be in the same room, let alone suck its dick. I'm literally at a loss deciding what to play next.

Dying Light-poc-I had a great deal of fun with this, played 99.9% in co-op but the ending is an enforced single player section that is all trial and error and not in keeping with the rest of the game. The parkour is excellent and the combat satisfying. Well worth a play, but I'm safe in saying I will not play this game ever again. A bitter/sweet ending.(reposted because it's 2017...)

WatchDogs-PS4- Yep, really enjoyed that. Not without its flaws but well worth the amount of time I put into it. Got all the single player trophies except the drinking one and starting to work my way towards the online ones. A lot of fun.And Platinum now!

Batman:Telltale Episode 1-This has the usual Telltale Jank, but a little bit less than usual. Good story so far, mixing up the Batman legend. Can't wait to see what happens :)

Batman-Telltale-Episode 2-5- Really enjoyed this. It did fell like more story than gameplay than other Telltale games but it's a good story and it sets it up for a sequel which I'll get when it's on sale. Also another Platinum, although this was a hell of a lot easier than the Watchdogs one.

Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance-PS3-Bat Shit, short and a lot of fun. If you like action games then there's absolutely no reason you won't like this. Even the story had me grinning like a loon, and the final boss is brilliantly OTT. So glad I played it. Maybe I'll play another Metal Gear game at some point.

Star Wars Battlefront:Platinum:Fuck you. I did it. Never entering the single play menu again.EVER! Love the MP though :)

To The Moon-Poc- I needed a break from all the combat heavy games I've been playing the last month(Yakuza 3 and Dead Rising 3) so I played this. Literally the complete polar opposite game. It's a sweet story but not much of a game. I enjoyed it though.

Zelda:Breath of the Wild-Wii U- Fuck me what a game. Best Open world game ever. Horizon isn't even fit to be in the same room, let alone suck its dick. I'm literally at a loss deciding what to play next.

Gemma is getting me a Switch and Zelda for my birthday, which is great, but it does mean that I have to wait till June to play it... :-(

I'm putting off finishing this for some silly reason... still got a bunch of shrines to do, but otherwise I'm ready to take on the castle but just haven't for weeks. One of the greatest games I've played in a long, long time though so maybe it's just that I don't want it to "end" by hitting up Mr Final Boss.

I'm putting off finishing this for some silly reason... still got a bunch of shrines to do, but otherwise I'm ready to take on the castle but just haven't for weeks. One of the greatest games I've played in a long, long time though so maybe it's just that I don't want it to "end" by hitting up Mr Final Boss.

Pretty much the same here

What Remains of Edith Finch - PC. Part Gone Home, Part Vanishing of Ethan Carter, all amazing. I had a great three hours playing this.

Mafia III - Faster Baby - PC

Nier Automata - PC

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

The Last Guardian-PS4-I really enjoyed this. Not without its problems but I expected them going in. Made my eyes rain too. Well worth a play especially as it can be had for peanuts now.

Persona 5 - PS4. After 72 hours this is all done with the good ending. Absolutely loved it, but it can feel overly stretched out in places. Easily the best of the Persona games though.

Little Nightmares - PC. A lovely, creepy little platform / puzzle that reminds a lot of Inside. Well worth a play.

What Remains of Edith Finch - PC

Nier Automata - PC

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Bloodborne (PS4) - Pretty proud of finishing this. Wish I'd played it on release as I just wanted to talk about it but no one cares :A056:

Octodad Dadliest Catch (PS4)

Gone Home (PS4)

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

Doom (PS4)

Titanfall 2 (PS4)
The Last Guardian (PS4)
The Last of Us (PS4)
Uncharted 3 (PS4)
Uncharted 2 (PS4)
Uncharted (PS4)
Limbo (PS4)

Edited by Idaho

Mass Effect Andromeda - PC. Finished with 74% overall completion in 43 hours. There is an amazing game here, but some jank and lots of dull filler quests ruin an overall fantastic experience. The last quarter of the story arc is sensational.

Persona 5 - PS4

Little Nightmares - PC

Nier Automata - PC

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Wow you smashed through that. 43 hours isn't much, makes me think I'm taking it too slow. Did you smash the tasks on each planet before moving on? What was your char build in the end? Did you get used to swapping between soldier/engineer etc?

Just wrote a big old reply to this and hit the back button on my mouse :(

I was doing every quest, but it became clear that a lot where shit, so I focussed on plot and character stuff, but did do the more interesting sounding miscellaneous quests.

I pretty much remained a sniper focussed class with some short range skills for when I got flanked.

Oxenfree (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

Final Fantasy XV (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

Wow, I need to step up my game. This list is sad.

Mass Effect: Andromeblah - 2017 - 2/5

I don't know what drove me to play this to completion. I guess it had its moments of joy but overall for a game about being the pathfinder to an entirely new galaxy it lacked every ounce of wonder and discovery the originals had.

The combat was decent, if a bit janky, and the script was overall atrocious.

The Sexy Brutale (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Oops, forgot I finished this in between!

In contrast to ME, this was actually pretty awesome. A smart groundhog day style puzzle game where you have to prevent a bunch of people from getting murdered in really interesting ways. The art style is pretty awesome, and the music is great. Had a great time with this!

Then I finished this...

Mass Effect: Andromeblah (PS4) - 2017 - 2/5

Then...

Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - 2017 - 5/5

Don't know why I put it off for so long, especially since I was playing ME in the meantime, as this is by far my favourite game of the year so far!

I wasn't sure what to expect since Skyward Sword had a lot of issues, but this blew me away. I got totally carried away with this and spent countless hours exploring every nook and crannie I could find. The climb up towards the final battle, with the music building as you go was absolute perfection.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC. - I have had a NG+ on the go for about five months now, just dipping in when the mood hits, and polished off the main quest last night. Now on to the DLC. Just reconfirms this as best game ever for me.

Mass Effect Andromeda - PC

Persona 5 - PS4

Little Nightmares - PC

Nier Automata - PC

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Zelda BotW (Switch)

After putting it off for an age for some reason, I finally finished this. A truly great game. The dungeons and shrines were great little bite sized sections, perfect for playing on the go. The early hours were probably the best where it was very much a survival game as even the weak enemies could kill you quickly.

Not sure if this is the best Zelda game, let alone overall best ever game I've played due to lack of story and no 'proper' dungeons but the open world and it's systems are astounding. Can't wait for the dlc, and if anyone has a means of playing this then it is an absolute must buy.

Loved Witcher 3 so much - I did get a bit burnt out on the size and scope of the main game, but when I went back to finish it (especially the DLC, which is *superb*) I got reeled right in,

The Sexy Brutale (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Mass Effect: Andromeblah (PS4) - 2017 - 2/5

Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - 2017 - 5/5

Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4) - 2016 - 3/5

Didn't get a chance to play this when it first came out on Vita since I don't have one, and the release of the sequel made me want to go back and see what the fuss was about.

It's a really great, inventive game, and besides some more dated animations it looks great on PS4.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but had some issues with controls and camera in certain high-pressure sections. And those long-nosed motherfuckers can get tae.

RiME - PC. Cracking little game.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC

Mass Effect Andromeda - PC

Persona 5 - PS4

Little Nightmares - PC

Nier Automata - PC

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.