Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
El_Patriot

2017 Game Completion Thread.

Resident Evil 7 - PC. Great return to form for the series after the frankly odd 6th game, but apart from the opening hour or two and FP perspective, I actually thought it played it very safe.

Dying Light - PC

Forza Horizon 3 - Blizzard Mountain - PC.

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Uncharted 2 (PS4) - enjoyed this a lot more this time around. A few things irritated me still but it's a lot better than I remember it.

Uncharted (PS4)

Limbo (PS4)

The Evil Within - PC. Did NG+ with the machine gun and rocket launcher. Game's batshit mental, but has some great moments. Maybe it's cos I played it before and after, but there's a lot of plot similarities with RE7.

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Batman Arkham Knight (PS4)[normal]:

I 100% this one, just to get the knightfall ending. Bloody wonderful game, but the riddler can suck a dick. Thankfully I don't have to worry about him for new story+ mode. Going to try for my first PS4 platinum.

The Last of Us (PS4) - got the remaster back when I first got my ps4 and I'm basically trying to clear my back log. This is genuinely an amazing game. Can't wait for the 2nd.

Uncharted 3 (PS4)

Uncharted 2 (PS4)

Uncharted (PS4)

Limbo (PS4)

Alien: Isolation - PC. Absolutely fantastic. It's like Dino Crisis got the Resident Evil 7 reboot treatment.

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Dying Light-poc-I had a great deal of fun with this, played 99.9% in co-op but the ending is an enforced single player section that is all trial and error and not in keeping with the rest of the game. The parkour is excellent and the combat satisfying. Well worth a play, but I'm safe in saying I will not play this game ever again. A bitter/sweet ending.(reposted because it's 2017...)

WatchDogs-PS4- Yep, really enjoyed that. Not without its flaws but well worth the amount of time I put into it. Got all the single player trophies except the drinking one and starting to work my way towards the online ones. A lot of fun.And Platinum now!

Batman:Telltale Episode 1-This has the usual Telltale Jank, but a little bit less than usual. Good story so far, mixing up the Batman legend. Can't wait to see what happens :)

Batman-Telltale-Episode 2-5- Really enjoyed this. It did fell like more story than gameplay than other Telltale games but it's a good story and it sets it up for a sequel which I'll get when it's on sale. Also another Platinum, although this was a hell of a lot easier than the Watchdogs one.

Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance-PS3-Bat Shit, short and a lot of fun. If you like action games then there's absolutely no reason you won't like this. Even the story had me grinning like a loon, and the final boss is brilliantly OTT. So glad I played it. Maybe I'll play another Metal Gear game at some point.

Star Wars Battlefront:Platinum:Fuck you. I did it. Never entering the single play menu again.EVER! Love the MP though :)

To The Moon-Poc- I needed a break from all the combat heavy games I've been playing the last month(Yakuza 3 and Dead Rising 3) so I played this. Literally the complete polar opposite game. It's a sweet story but not much of a game. I enjoyed it though.

The Last of Us - Left Behind (PS4) - Goddamn... Right in the feelings. Excellent little add on to the main game and free with the PS4 remaster.

The Last of Us (PS4)

Uncharted 3 (PS4)

Uncharted 2 (PS4)

Uncharted (PS4)

Limbo (PS4)

God of War 2 (Vita)

Good fun and runs well on the Vita. Picked up the 3rd on PS4 to complete the trilogy before the new one. It isn't the most involving game in combat, puzzles or story but it all hangs together very well.

The Last Guardian (PS4) - I'll be honest, I had to force myself to power through the last few hours of this. I enjoyed it and liked it but it's not something I'm about to recommend to anyone.

The Last of Us - Left Behind (PS4)
The Last of Us (PS4)
Uncharted 3 (PS4)
Uncharted 2 (PS4)
Uncharted (PS4)
Limbo (PS4)

Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)

Decent, and looks good with HDR. Did find it a bit of a slog and didn't really care for the story. HR was much better but this is still worth playing if you find it cheap.

Watchdogs 2, far better than the 1st one, loads to do.

Night in the Woods - PC. Really enjoyed this. Like a side scrolling Life is Strange on LSD.

Alien: Isolation - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Titanfall 2 (PS4) - well that was brief. In two minds about the brevity of it. On the one hand it never hit the boring sections and rattled past like a great movie. On the other it could easily have been longer but I guess if the concepts weren't there for the levels then they're just not there. I did find the random loading screens odd. Glad I got it for 20 quid but it is really good. I'll dip in and out of multi player too.

The Last Guardian (PS4)

The Last of Us (PS4)

Uncharted 3 (PS4)

Uncharted 2 (PS4)

Uncharted (PS4)

Limbo (PS4)

Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4. Insanely good. Best open world RPG action game ever. Zelda can suck its dick.

Night in the Woods - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4. Insanely good. Best open world RPG action game ever. Zelda can suck its dick.

Night in the Woods - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Better than the Witcher 3? I think not.

I am maybe 6 hours into Horizon, and while I am really enjoying it, the world of the Witcher is far more interesting to me. I may be burned on post apocalypse, or may just be drawn to the gritty adult fantasy of the Witcher.

I found Horizon really kicked into gear plotwise at around the 40 - 50% mark. There's a quest that just throws a shit tonne of backstory at you and it really is excellent. I am an absolute sucker for this kind of sci-fi apocalypse plot though.

To be fair, the main plot of the Witcher 3 was probably it's weakest point, and it was actually the interesting and diverse side quests that really sold the world for me.

Titanfall 2 - PS4. What a blast that was. Short as fuck, but I only paid £12 for a copy and will probably sell it on.

Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Doom (PS4) - Well that was a jolly wee romp! Retro goodness in a bright shiny modern wrapper. Not much in the way of complaints but it's odd there were so few boss battles. Then again I found the ones that were there were a bit shit so I guess a few sorta crappy ones is better than loads of crappy ones.

Titanfall 2 (PS4)
The Last Guardian (PS4)
The Last of Us (PS4)
Uncharted 3 (PS4)
Uncharted 2 (PS4)
Uncharted (PS4)
Limbo (PS4)

Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - Well that was fun! nothing to taxing or complex about it but it was funny and entertaining! If I remember rightly I completed the original trilogy back on the PS2. They definitely left some levels out and some of the cut scenes were janky as fuck but it's a good solid game. Most enjoyable.

Doom (PS4)

Titanfall 2 (PS4)
The Last Guardian (PS4)
The Last of Us (PS4)
Uncharted 3 (PS4)
Uncharted 2 (PS4)
Uncharted (PS4)
Limbo (PS4)