Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jusatsushi

Red Dead Redemption 2

It's a bit special so far. I'm only on a peasant PS4 pro, but the visuals are insane. Feels a little framey though to me but that might be just coming from sassy creed on pc at 75fps.

I’m finding it a bit slow so far. Too much new information, not enough shooting (although even that is clunky). Also struggling to read the text and mini map icons. It looks great but perhaps a little washed out in HDR. Might be my TV, or they’ve gone for a softer, more realistic look. Need to play more.

I think it's magnificent. So many open world games have just become crammed with mindless distractions, that the slower pace of this is like a minty fresh breeze. I'm sat at work just thinking about getting back on it asap.

Just saw an article on Eurogamer saying HDR is broken, so turn it off. Hopefully when I try it tonight it will make it all look a little less dull.

I played it a bit more and am enjoying it more. Just done a few more story missions, but not a fan of the micromanaging of the settlement, to the extent where I’m not even bothering. This is exactly the sort of thing I would have loved when I was at uni or part time, but put me off Fallout 4. I don’t have time for it.

27 minutes ago, Tachikoma said:

How long before PC release? don't have a current gen console.

Haven’t said that they are doing one (I expect next summer).

They're still working out how much unpaid overtime they're going to need everyone to pull to make the port.

My guess is the PC version has been a consideration throughout development - particularly after how well the GTAV port has done - but of course they want all those double dipper dollars.

I'd say this time next year.

Just heard on the Bombcast that the mobile app has stuff in it that indicates a PC version is on the way... they also said that these are basically PCs anyway, GTA online made $1B on PC and GTA5 was ported so it's pretty darn likely.

I just started Mass Effect again on XBone back compat so will eventually get to this, I should probably play GTA V first as this probably has improved stuff over their last game.

I think it suffers a bit from a lack of direction. In RDR your goals were clear and simple right from the off. Your wife and kid are taken and you are forced to go after your old gang. Here I don't have a clue what the goal is after 20 hours still! I've just moved to slightly warmer campsites and robbed shit up.

I'm still really enjoying it mind, just don't think it's as good as the first.

Agreed. Even the hunting is bit of a ballache. First game would be to skin 3 rabbits, this game it’s skin 3 ‘perfect’ rabbits. Takes ages and is boring af. 

Hoping the story picks up a bit. Seems a bit GTAIV vs Vice City.