Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tachikoma

Nintendo Switch (NX)

I still can't get over how Nintendo have the most interesting piece of hardware they've ever produced and then hamstrung it by making it too expensive, the games too expensive, and there's like 1 launch title.

Well as far as console hardware goes it's fairly unique, and a more viable gimmick than waggle shite.

I would have just about been able to justify it at £280 if it had Zelda or something else excellent packed in. As it stands, I already have a Wii U for Zelda, already own MK and no interest in any of the other launch games. I'll see if anything else shows up in the next few weeks for launch or soon after, but it looks like I'll be cancelling my pre order until at least the summer, and probably wait for a Black Friday Bunderu.

So close, but so far Nintendo.

I honestly think it might be the worst launch lineup I've ever seen on a major console.

1. Killer app that is coming out on the old console anyway

2. Gimmicky minigame collection
3. Bomberman game which will certainly be great but hardly a system seller

4. Something no early adopter will be interested in

5. Something else no early adopter will be interested in

And that's literally it.

It really is remarkably poor for a launch line-up. And to think Zelda only just made it for launch by scrapping localisation! It really should just be delayed until at least Autumn when Splatoon, MK and a few other things would be ready.

I like the concept, and it seems like a cool piece of tech, but like everyone else has said the price for the console and the accessories is a joke.

Zelda on the WiiU, and waiting at least a year before sinking any cash into it.

Just watched the Digital Foundry review. You have to hand it to Nintendo. They have made a Tegra based 720p gaming tablet that you need to dump close to £400 on before you even buy a game (SD card, controller and extra battery essential) and it is still selling like those hot cakes!

None of those extras listed are essential though. It has a controller, the battery is fine as is (lasts about as long as a Vita) and you don't need an SD card if you buy cartridges.

I have gone back to wanting one and will try to get one at launch, based on me going to be buying one in the summer anyway, wanting Zelda, remembering I had hidden some cash away, realising that I use handhelds a lot and look! Shiny new thing!

It is definitely expensive for what it is, but I really am a sucker for a Nintendo console.

I'm getting one. I know I shouldn't but I can just about afford it at the moment and frankly I'm stressed as fuck with my PhD work and I want a new gadget so fuck it

TBH I've been let down since the Wii came out. I only bought that and the WiiU because of my love for GameCube. I'll wait and see, I'm now defiantly an old nintendo fan.

None of those extras listed are essential though. It has a controller, the battery is fine as is (lasts about as long as a Vita) and you don't need an SD card if you buy cartridges.

I have gone back to wanting one and will try to get one at launch, based on me going to be buying one in the summer anyway, wanting Zelda, remembering I had hidden some cash away, realising that I use handhelds a lot and look! Shiny new thing!

It is definitely expensive for what it is, but I really am a sucker for a Nintendo console.

Argos have them available for day 1 delivery. Also have the LE Zelda ;)

Well if nothing else judging by the reviews breath of the wild is the best thing ever so at least I'm going to play the best version of it

Meanwhile the switch is using friend codes AGAIN

fucking lol

I saw Cemu running Xenoblade X the other day, quite impressive. I might revisit it if they fix the skyboxes etc.

I think they have in 1.7.2.

Anyway, back on topic, reviews for Breath of the Wild are up and it really does look great.

Argos have nothing! At least not in my area and they have removed the listings from the website. Will try a few stores tomorrow but if not I'll just have to patiently wait for the next batch.

Walked into GAME today randomly (god that place has gone downhill) and I did feel a pang of excitement. One of the guys opened his up today and said it's a really well made bit of kit. If I didn't waste all that money on WiiU I probs would have day ones this. As it is I'll wait and see I think. A decent Mario game (the side scrollers on WiiU don't do it for me) a la 64 will deffo sell it to me. Really miss the adventure/platform genre.

Games have arrived. Cartridges are bloody tiny, console should be here in about an hour. Except it's my wife's leaving do for work tonight and we're getting into town for about 4pm :A076: