Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tachikoma

Nintendo Switch (NX)

No Zelda at launch apparently, won't be localised in time.

Reports of new Mario, plus Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon ports at launch. And Skyrim SE plus mods. MK8/Splatoon will have lots of new characters and tracks. MK8 will also have a proper battle mode which was a big criticism of the game.

Enchanced ports of the best Wii U titles seems a good idea to me, actually. Since it didn't exactly sell like hotcakes a lot of the best games won't have been played by a lot of people. If it hits the £199 price point I can see people possibly diving in to give those games a try.

Does the Wii U not require waggle?

It has gyro control for a few games but you can usually switch it off.

Splatoon for example has gyro aiming by default, you can only spin left/right using the right analogue stick then use the controller gyro for flicking up and down and fine tuning your aim. You can switch to dual analogue aiming in it but it's not recommended as once you get used to the gyro controls it's so much more responsive. It's not for everyone but the high rank players pretty much 100% use gyro aim.

My initial enthusiasm is pretty much dead after the specs reveal. This will be a console for old games and Nintendo IP's only. No way is the next Dark Souls, Assassin's Creed or Battlefield running on this.

Were people expecting power on par with the Bone? We've known it was going to be less powerful since the leaks.

I'm not particularly worried about it missing the big franchises since they all come to PC anyway, and half of them aren't worth playing anyway. As long as it's a reasonable price and has solid Nintendo output (which it will as a consolidation of their portable and home console markets into one) it'll be fine.

All of this just makes me wish the Vita was properly supported. It ranks with the Dreamcast as the most under appreciated console of all time.

Pre orders at Amazon go live 6am tomorrow. First come first served and one per customer per address. Going to try to wake up in time.

£280? Paid online? Hardly any games? Nintendooooooomed!

At least it will be region free, and Zelda at launch on March 3rd but still...

280 for a console that is launching in a territory that has had it's currency tank in value and the dollar has risen of late. Not bad really considering.

I have pre ordered on Amazon in case they reveal some more launch games, but so far only Zelda interests me and I can get that on Wii U. £60 for Zelda on Switch btw. I am going to New York in April so might consider a US unit or duty free. Hopefully get some info on stock levels before launch.

From what I have seen, hardware is good if a bit pricy imho (if it had a game bundled I'd say it was reasonable), launch line-up is poor, accessories are expensive, online service sounds abysmal. Pretty much standard Nintendo then.

That price is ridiculous. Especially with that launch line up, no bundled game, fucking £75 QUID for an extra controller (not including the bit in the middle that connects them together, subscription based MP service...

Jesus all they had to do was get the price right.

Hmmm Switch with no games or a ps4 with two pack in games and enough change left over from my £280 for another controller or another game?

You know, the games industry isn't a new thing.

You'd have thought console manufacturers would at this point have worked out that "too expensive, not enough games" is something you might want to avoid.

Fuck this price. I may have cracked had they bundled a game in but nope.

Zelda £60?

Controllers £65?

Paid online with free games you can play for a month?

Fuck you Nintendo. They've learnt nothing.

If a new Zelda comes out on it in 5 years time I'll pick one up used until then I'll play BOTW on my Wii U.

don't forget you need a smartphone app for voice chat

and also don't forget that said online service isn't even available in europe at launch anyway

I saw the smart phone thing, didn't realise online wasn't straight away.

To be fair, I've only really played Splatoon online. Had a few goes on MK8. It would never be enough to justify the cost unless they did a Games with Gold/PS+ thing with games.

Only having them for a month will be a nightmare. I get around to playing a lot of the other consoles offerings eventually but it's rare I play them in the first month of release.

If it was £180/200-ish I would be on board, that's what I paid for my vita and love it, even though the switch connects to the TV it's still just a handheld slightly over clocked when docked. Playing the new pokemon will cost me about £345, no way in hell when I can just buy a ps4 and download all those free games I have built up with ps+, I literally wouldn't have to buy a ps4 game for 12 months I have so much stuff built up.

I'll get this, have tentatively pre-ordered by not sure if I should wait for price drop or not... knowing baby landing 3 months after this comes out!