Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tachikoma

Nintendo Switch (NX)

I haven't, but played a quick bit of Zelda and it's lovely.

Edited by Shufty

I love how the fact that publicising that the carts are designed to put you off keeping them in your mouth (and ultimately reducing choking risk) has resulted in many more people putting them in their mouths than there would have otherwise been.

I got a console too! Zelda is pretty good so far, but spent more time on Snipperclips with the other half, which is a really fun puzzle game.

Got mine, quite impressed by it. Only real complaint so far is that the right joycon face buttons are a little close to the stick.

Got Zelda, Fast RMX and Shovel Knight. RMX is really good, Shovel Knight is Shovel Knight.

TIME FOR ZELDA

Zelda is awesome(Wii U version here) on the 3rd shrine.

I've died a fair bit, and there's loads to get to grips with.

The giantbomb quick look had me drooling. The sheer glee that came across whilst the guy was playing it is something I have never seen from those guys.

I want Bomberman. But it's 50 quid. However the last Bomberman game I bought was Wario Blast on the Gameboy so I feel it's about time I put some money into it. Also its perfect to show off the console (unless at a farming convention where 1 2 Switch's milking game is king)

The screen on this thing is really nice. Zelda in particular looks glorious but Fast RMX and Shovel Knight look lovely and sharp too.

I will say though - get a screen protector. Seriously. That dock being plastic is going to scratch the fuck out of the screen.

I always put screen protectors on before I use a device. Less likely to have dust or fingerprints on so reduced air bubbles that way.

Got a Switch as of yesterday, unexpected gift result!

What a neat system this is. Have made a start on Zelda, Fast RMX and the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo.

It's a really good system. Probably the best handheld I've ever used with the bonus of tv out and 2 player as standard.

There are actually a surprising number of good games on the eshop now, although if you're like me you won't be touching much of anything else except Zelda.

Yeah, there's a surprisingly excellent little range of titles at the moment, especially if you don't mind that Zelda and MK8 are on the Wii U as well.

Arms came out last week, and before Christmas there's Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors (not for everyone but I love FE and Hyrule Warriors was great fun), Super Mario Odyssey, and the Mario/Rabbids game which to everyone's shock looks brilliant. Throw in Zelda, MK8 and Arms and as far as first year libraries that's actually pretty awesome.

Third party support's a tiny bit thin but looks like the system has attention - FIFA for example is getting a pretty decent port which is important for the casual crowd. The aforementioned Puyo Puyo Tetris is brilliant (buy it off the US eShop if you want to get the full thing, it's much cheaper that way), and there's stuff like Disgaea 5 too which looks interesting.

On the indies, I've got The Binding of Isaac, Thumper, Fast RMX, Tumbleseed, Blaster Master Zero, Wonder Boy and Snake Pass. Most of which are great, minus Tumbleseed because it's just too bloody hard, and Fast RMX because the AI is bullshit.

And there's stuff like Wargroove, Stardew Valley, Enter the Gungeon and more on the way too on the indie front. One definitely worth checking out is going to be Redout, which is another antigrav future racer but really, really polished with lots of content and a much better game than Fast RMX to boot. Played a lot of it on PC and having it portable will be lovely.

Create another user profile on the system with an alternative email address and choose US as your region. Then you just need US eshop cards to buy stuff.

Yeah, what patriot said. It's really easy. New account, set to US region, buy credit on playasia, redeem, done. You'll want to lookup a zipcode which is tax free too, I think 99515 works. Then whenever you want to browse the US eshop, you just pick the US account instead of the UK one. It's no hassle at all which is nice.

Technically you could manually change your UK account's region repeatedly on the Nintendo website but that's probably going to be a pain if you ever want to just have a look on another region's store quickly or you're likely to buy more than 1 thing off there (which is possible, due to release staggering and pricing differences).

Don't forget the Neo Geo games too. Garou is a must buy as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Shufty

I really want one of these now with the co op Kirby announced. Me and the boy will lose our shit over that. Already have Enter the Gungeon but maybe a second buy cos it's awesome. Blaster Master Zero is superb but I've finished it on 3ds. Sounds like it'll be a good purchase if I can ever get funds. Love the focus on local multiplayer.

Metroid 4 is enough to tempt me on this. Fingers crossed for an HD remake of the original trilogy as I never got the 3rd one.

If you've got a decent PC playing MP Trilogy on the Dolphin Emulator works really nice with a mouse and keyboard. I'm playing the first at the moment with the internal resolution bumped up and it looks nice and runs smoothly once its cached all the shaders.

If you've got a decent PC playing MP Trilogy on the Dolphin Emulator works really nice with a mouse and keyboard. I'm playing the first at the moment with the internal resolution bumped up and it looks nice and runs smoothly once its cached all the shaders.

Alas not. I have a Chromebook and the Mrs gets annoyed enough that I pinch her Mac all the time to do music stuff.