Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedro

iPhool 7

My contract is up, my 5s has had its third screen cracked and the home button is no longer working. Time for an upgrade.

Buying an android is not in the picture (even If I wanted), just because of the investment in the apple/iTunes ecosystem I've got.

So what would you guys recommend- 6S or a new 7, or even a 7 plus with 'that' camera?

For the price I'd go with se or 6s if I had to have one. The 7 doesn't look like it really adds much for the price. Not that I've owned an iPhone since the mighty 4 that I had for 4 years.

I went to get one 2 weeks ago but just couldn't justify the cost to improvement ratio. I stayed with my 6 and got a 12 month contract that was £35 a month cheaper but better than what I was paying. Go 6s.

I had to buy a 5s for the boy as I'd promised him my old phone though!

Okay, load of false information and anti-apple comments going on in this thread.

A 6S does have a headphone port, it's only the 7 that doesn't. But the 7 does come with an adapter to plug in a mini jack in the box.

6S is a hell of a lot faster than the 6, as they put a much better processor in the 6S and whereas my 6 has slowed down to the point of annoyance with the software updates, my wife's 6S is still bloody brilliant. Also it as 3D touch, whereas the 6 did not.

I have got a 7 Plus on order, only reason I went for it is the camera as I like the idea of the telephoto lens.

If you can afford it, go for a 7 or 7 Plus if you don't mind the size. If you don't care, go for a 6S as it'll be usable for another 2 years and is cheaper.

My 6 is fine for me but it's gradually slowed with Apples updates to make you buy a newer, faster phone. I'm still very happy with my 6 though and will robs wait until the 8 before I renew as I like a long cycle. I've gone from 1>3GS>6.

I like the idea of the optical lens (I don't buy 'telephoto', means a different thing to me), but in all honesty I think the plus size is a bit too big for me. woth the water resistance I'd want to take it to more places and risk banging it up too much.

On the other hand, my iPad mini is nearly 4 years old now, and although functional it's creaking a fair bit. Was thinking about a new tablet as well, but should I compound and go large?

Can't see any false information or anything anti-apple in the whole thread, Rich.

If your phone is broken is that not more pressing to upgrade than the tab, Ped? I agree with Bumkin, phones don't work for me as tablet replacements.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated.

I do use the tablet for films and that, particularly when off snowboarding, so the phablet idea was a kinda ' two birds' thought, especially if it was cheaper than two separate models. But I agree with the screen, not sure it would replace the Mini's.

It definitely is a phone upgrade I'm getting first and foremost though.

Completely off topic, had anyone had difficulty in downloading rental films from the iTunes Store? I have to do the stupidly longwinded process off downloading it to the max, then transferring it. First world problem I know, but when you have everything else working fine and they're blaming your download speed and connection (oh, not in fuckin' Tokyo do you have this problem mate), it's a pain in the ass that I paid for an apple product to specifically not have.

Do you have enough storage to complete the download? Don't some devices require more storage than they need to download it? I'm sure ps3 at least used to need twice the storage size of the file being downloaded available for it to work.

Can't see any false information or anything anti-apple in the whole thread, Rich.

If your phone is broken is that not more pressing to upgrade than the tab, Ped? I agree with Bumkin, phones don't work for me as tablet replacements.

I actually misunderstood your comment, i get the sarcasm now about the new fangled headphone socket. Thought you were saying it was the new lightning one

Ah, no worries. Probably should have tagged at it with an /s or whatever it is the cool kids on the Internet do.