Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Idaho

Destiny PS4

Well a quick raid turned into an almost fail as we only had 5 but we managed it :)

Cheers Yussry!

Hopefully we'll be levelled up enough soon to take on the harder raids.

It only took a little figuring out of how to deal with the altered mechanics. Hour and a half isn't too bad to run through.

It only took a little figuring out of how to deal with the altered mechanics. Hour and a half isn't too bad to run through.

True, it was the 2 hours after you left when we hit Archons Forge hard and then into Prison of Elders. I am tired today.

:(((((

Be more online ;) We also didn't start until late in case you turned up AND me, Jimmy and Dave were playing until 2ish.

They're not a one and done anyway mate, we'll run through it again.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Pete is a fucking lunatic(legend). He got up at 4am to do a Raid with us :)

We wiped badly on Wrath hard but then did Crota normal.

Fun was had.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Pete is a fucking lunatic(legend). He got up at 4am to do a Raid with us :)

We wiped badly on Wrath hard but then did Crota normal.

Fun was had.

Mug. I am a mug. 4am is not a good time to play videogames, particularly if you are waking up especially to do it.

But yes, fun was had. And more importantly, a trophy. :P

Not sure if I'll be on this weekend / levelled up sufficiently, but I'll give it a go.

...dare I mention it?

Ah, thought it was for the second one. Hard to tell ;p

New dlc... anyone going to try it out?

Edited by Pedro

I think Ginj and Jimmy have the season pass so I expect they'll be in.

Yep, we'll be on tomorrow.

Anyone interested in trying new Raid lair Friday night?

Yes, I will play it and join you, although well be woefully under powered. Could try the Escalation thing too.

We havent done the EoW yet!!

But sure, Ill be on for a pop or two on Friday night... *sigh*, I mean, Saturday morning.. :(

If you guys want to do Eater of Worlds Id be up for that too. Only got one completion and it only takes an hour.

If you guys want to do Eater of Worlds Id be up for that too. Only got one completion and it only takes an hour.

Plan :)

In!

...as are early reviews. Verdicts so far are that weapons = good, sorry/missions = ... oh dear, not again.

I liked the missions. Didnt outstay their welcome, and there wasnt really that much story. Par for the course with Destiny really.

Weapons are pretty cool. Love the update to sunshot now, which can kill mobs very quickly.

Mission 1 was pretty good and the last was also good.

The middle not so much, especially as we had to grind levels to be able to start one of the missions because we didn't have any XP boost tokens... Still no new enemies, although the Hive are icy now.

Reusing areas AGAIN is just taking the piss.It's not like they haven't had time or extra money from the micro transactions to create new content. And still it was too short.The music is better though as that was an area that I felt was lacking in the base game.

No new full raid, which is where I've had the most fun playing this game.

I'll play for a while to get some new gear and attempt the raid lairs, then I think I'll probably go back to Destiny 1 to play the 2 raids I never finished.

I definitely will not be preordering the new content, and I'll wait a while to get the consensus on whether it's worth getting.

Underwhelmed.

What areas were re-used? The one mission on Earth?

Im with you on the re-skinning of enemies and the new music was cool.

Pro tip to anyone else needing to level quickly; equip a ghost that grants extra xp if you have one, purchase a fireteam medallion from eververse for 50 dust and play the story with those. If not levelled enough do heroic public events. The grind was only 20 minutes, and contributed to two of the milestones at the same time.

Once you try the raid lair you wont complain about lack of raids. With the last one it felt like a new area, and probably only a little bit shorter than the Crota raid from D1. I havent tried the new endgame activity yet so cant comment.

Im not sure what you were expecting for the dlc. It was never going to be a huge update.

From what I've heard the 2 dlc's were developed in tandem with the main game so there's not going to be a big overhaul until possibly the next one.

Risk runner, sunshot, hard light and even skyburners oath all feel pretty good. Liking the new level ups and it really pays off thinking about your loadout. If only they could

Do more with that, than only have it as a temporary problem while youre UP.

From what I've heard the 2 dlc's were developed in tandem with the main game so there's not going to be a big overhaul until possibly the next one.

If that's the case then I feel even more ripped off.

Yes the Earth area Yussry.

I just feel that they have no idea what they're doing. They'll be shoving out the next dlc at £20-£25 each the same as they did with The Taken King and Rise of Iron. I don't see why they followed the same Road Map as the previous game. There was a massive backlash for the first 2 dlcs on that game too, until they redeemed themselves with a fairly meaty expansion.

There have been no lessons learned(by them or me) This time round they've been getting all the extra cash from micro transactions, so surely they could've hired more people to do the work needed to bring the dlc up to scratch this time round.

There are many problems they have with satisfying demand for content. Apparently D2 got re started 10 months before release so they had a lot to do with no time. Crazy that they did the same as D1. This meant that there was not enough time to make the dlc as impressive as it should have been as the main devs started work on the September expansion. This time they brought in other studios to help, but still not good enough. However, these two dlcs are much better than Crota and House of Wolves. At least there are new planets to explore which there werent until TTK launched.

Ill go out on a limb here and say that year 1 of D2 is loads better than year 1 D1; its just that they made the game more casual so there is less end game, and forgot about what made years 2 and 3 of D1 good.

The schedule, no doubt forced by Activision is to blame here.