Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

El_Patriot

New PS4s!

Kind of funny we're a games forum and nobody has mentioned them. I'd only get a pro if my current system dies.

Anyone else?

If they'd boosted specs from the leak then maybe I'd have bought one but it just doesn't do enough to justify the cost.

Saving my money for the NX which I was getting anyway but now I'll be able to get more games with it. You know if it has any games.

I might get a pro, just because I haven't jumped to the new gen yet and I know that, despite it being much more poweful, MS's new box will get fuck all exposure/support/releases over here.

I might get a pro, just because I haven't jumped to the new gen yet and I know that, despite it being much more poweful, MS's new box will get fuck all exposure/support/releases over here.

DO IT!

I won't be getting one. Having no UHD Blu-Ray support is a huge decision. Did they learn nothing from PS2/3? DVD/Bluray support was a huge factor in their popularity. Will be upgrading my Bone to whatever the new Bone is primarily for that reason (after I buy a 4K to though).

I'm similar on the UHD blue ray front. I already have a 4k TV, and stand alone players are £300+, which is why I'm getting rid of my bone and getting the bone s.

I prefer PS4 this gen for games and the pro features seem OK but no drive means no sale (unless my PS4 dies as I said before). I'll also be getting the NX because I'm a sucker for a Nintendo machine.

I'm basically just full PC for my gaming these days. Especially with the UWP system meaning major Xbox releases are coming to PC as well - Recore next week and Gears 4 soon after, for example. Not feeling the need for a console.

Will almost certainly get an NX though if the rumours about it are true.

Where's info for the NX? I'm also a sucker, despite my WiiU only being payed for Mario Kart in the 3 years I've had it..

When's new Xbox out? The big super one I mean?

The rumour is that it's a portable console first but can turn into a home console too. A central unit which is both the "console" and the screen which can be plugged into your TV to use as a home console, but can be used as a standalone handheld as well via plugin control thingies. Will use cartridges as well apparently. And will be fairly powerful since new Zelda is confirmed for it.

nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable

No upgrade for me. I got a new TV last year and there's no point in upgrading it as I quite like it. It's not 4k so no point upgrading the console.

I looked at a 58" Panasonic 4K HDR in person today. WANT!

It is truly a thing of beauty. Can I justify £1099 on a TV. I could drop down to the 50" but that only save £100.

Then I'd have to buy the new consoles...

I'm still not entirely sure what the point of it is. It's not powerful enough to do 4k, it may do VR a bit better, it may give a few more FPS, but only in certain games. I dunno, seems nice but a bit vague and non essential.

My TV has to die before I consider a new one.

This. I'm sure there are some videophiles that love to pick up the difference, but for me I am quite unrefined and just can't see unless they are side by side.

Besides, right now all my money is going on camping trips, and getting my savings back after buying the car, anyway.

The rumour is that it's a portable console first but can turn into a home console too. A central unit which is both the "console" and the screen which can be plugged into your TV to use as a home console, but can be used as a standalone handheld as well via plugin control thingies. Will use cartridges as well apparently. And will be fairly powerful since new Zelda is confirmed for it.

nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable

Apparently it's just a 920p resolution tablet with some expansion/accessory slots

It's one of the rumours that has persisted, but there seems to be some disagreement about the base station, either it has some sort of extra processing inside, or the tablet just runs underclocked in handheld mode and runs full power when docked with a TV. It's interesting because there's been very very little chatter in dev circles, it seems to be that there are dev kits out there, but they are few and far between (and nobody is talking about them), which doesn't bode well for launch titles, but then Nintendo hasn't been too hot on releasing lots of good games at launch for a while now.

If it still has a resistive touchscreen though, I'm on the next flight to Japan and I'm going to kick Shiggsy straight in the balls.

How expensive are capacative panels these days anyway? I assume they went with resistive for price purposes. And I guess because no games were ever exclusively on the touch screen as well (and let's be honest, hopefully not many will be either, as touch controls are shiiiiit)

At the time (DS launch) resistive were a lot cheaper, and they had the advantage that they were more accurate and worked with a cheap plastic stylus, which was a bonus with the tiny DS screen. Nowadays resistive panels (remember the touch panel is just overlayed on a normal screen) are probably the same price if not more expensive as nobody wants/produces them anymore.

Yeah I figured they were cheaper at the time but no bugger uses them any more so would probably be quite expensive now unless Nintendo somehow have the means to make them themselves or something