Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jusatsushi

2016 Game Completion Thread.

Diablo III - Main quest Xbox

Awesome fun, a bit kill the hordes, get new shit, kill the Boss structure, but it works. Now trying bounties and Rift modes. Also gets actually hard when you crank up to Torment difficulties.

1 down from the backlog :)

Yeah, I'm trying to make this as much of a backlog year as possible.

I'd bought the new Tomb Raider, and think I've got Uncharted 4 in a few months, but otherwise I'm trying to avoid splurging on new games as much as possible and just working through the 100-odd I've already got and not played.

Yeah, I'm trying to make this as much of a backlog year as possible.

I'd bought the new Tomb Raider, and think I've got Uncharted 4 in a few months, but otherwise I'm trying to avoid splurging on new games as much as possible and just working through the 100-odd I've already got and not played.

I wish mine was that small! I really like The Division but I'm considering holding off because of the backlog. I'm getting Twilight Princess for my Birthday and I'll definitely get Uncharted on release.

If I can keep it to those 2 I may stand a chance of clearing a few.... pfffft who am I kidding!? :)

I'm too scared to actually count, haha! There are probably 100 just in PS+ games.

Man, I remember when I was lucky to own more than 3 games nevermind have that many to look forward to / buy.

I'm too scared to actually count, haha! There are probably 100 just in PS+ games.

Man, I remember when I was lucky to own more than 3 games nevermind have that many to look forward to / buy.

Lol you're young.... :/ I had a Commodore 64 and we could buy games at £1.99, or you know get 50 for the price of a C90 (a cassette look it up ;) )

I had too many games then too but at least we had time to play them! Then I got my first console a shiny Megadrive when I was 18ish and earning fuck all, that's when I could only afford one game every month or 2 and I barely played them apart from post pub sessions on Fifa or NHL.

Dying Light: The Following - PC. I actually think this is the best DLC I've ever played. Better that the main game and 20 fucking hours? Those Polish dudes know how to do an add-on. I'd have been happy with this as a full game. A tenner is a steal.

Firewatch - PC.

Dragon's Dogma - PC.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - PC.

Uncharted 2 - PS4.

Until Dawn - PS4.

Fallout 4 - POC

Institute ending

Epic ending, just don't have Piper as your companion as she's a cock and spoils the buzz by whining.

Call of Duty:Black Ops 3 PS4- Meh/10. I usually enjoy these campaigns, they're my guilty pleasure. The action was flat, I had to restart several sections due to glitches, and the story was a nonsense. Had a quick blast on MP and that seems good but I'm really into Destiny MP at the moment so I can't see it taking over. A poor start to the year.

Uncharted 2 - PS4 - This blew me away when I first played it, and I have to admit to being a little underwhelmed by it second time through. It still looks lovely visually though.

This doesn't bode well for the 3rd which I've always thought was the worst of the series, including Golden Abyss.

AC Unity-PS4- Very good, not great but I enjoyed it. I'm so glad they patched out all the app/chest stuff so you could just open them too. No glitches or messed up faces for me either. I've got the Dead Kings dlc to go through which was free. Definitely worth a play.

AC:Unity:Dead Kings dlc-PS4- Glad it was free... Glitchtastic and most of it is spent running through underground caverns.

Everybody's Gone to The Rapture-PS4-A great experience, not so much a game. Play it with headphones on and immerse yourself. It's quite unsettling at times, and the sound is great. Glad I've "played" it.

Mortal Kombat 9-360- Finished the story mode after 5 years... Good game this, had to cheese a couple of times but by the end I was stringing combos together. 1 down from the backlog :)

Legend of Zelda:Wind Waker HD-WiiU- Man this was good,and the TriForce hunt and boss rush at the end wasn't too bad. Ready for TPHD but I'm going to try and finish Phantom Hourglass as I've had it for years but didn't start it as I'd never finished WW!

Dead Space 3 (Co-Op) (PC) - 3/5

Assassins Creed: Syndicate (100% / Platinum) (PS4) - 3/5

Assassins Creed: Syndicate: Jack the Ripper (100%) (PS4) - 4/5

Parappa The Rapper 2 (PS4) - 2/5

Fitz Packerton (PC) - 4/5
Jotun (PC) - 4/5

Tales from the Borderlands - Ep.1 (PC) - 4/5
Tales from the Borderlands - Ep.2 (PC) - 3/5
Tales from the Borderlands - Ep.3 (PC) - 4/5
Tales from the Borderlands - Ep.4 (PC) - 5/5

Tales from the Borderlands - Ep.5 (PC) - 3/5

The Witcher 3 - PS4 (PC) - 4/5

Finished this a while back but forgot to post. The sense of place, of a living breathing world, that this game creates is unlike anything I've ever played before. The quests were often fantastic, the writing was great, and the art is gorgeous. Having said that, something just didn't quite grab me about the game the same way Dragon Age did last year, but can't quite put my finger on what.

Saints Row 4 - Gat of of Hell - Xbox

Only worth the £3 I paid, a distraction at best. About 4 hours for the "story" 15+ for full on OCD mode.

Pony Island (PC)
Tales From The Borderlands: Episode 1 (PC)
Firewatch (PC)
Tales From The Borderlands:Episode 2 (PC)
Tales From The Borderlands:Episode 3 (PC)
Tales From The Borderlands:Episode 4 (PC)
Tales From The Borderlands:Episode 5 (PC)

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC)
I got to the final mission far quicker than I expected, there are something like 5 or 6 really short story missions.
I had fun though, the Far Cry formula is still enjoyable. I spent a couple of hours afterwards clearing up the last few garrisons & side missions, and liked that too.

The map is pretty small, so the vehicles were pointless most of the time. It also meant that wildlife was everywhere, I got taken by surprise quite a few times.

Edited by The Penultimate Ninja

The Division - PC. Story 100% complete and all collectibles collectibled. Really, really enjoyed this. The atmosphere of this ruined New York, the great gun mechanics and loot hook had me gripped enough to forgive the slightly repetitive structure.

Dying Light: The Following - PC.

Firewatch - PC.

Dragon's Dogma - PC.

Uncharted 2 - PS4.

Until Dawn - PS4.

Fallout: New Vegas - PC.

Fallout: NV: Old World Blues - PC.

The Division - PC.

Firewatch - PC.

Dragon's Dogma - PC.

Uncharted 2 - PS4.

Until Dawn - PS4.

Call of Duty:Black Ops 3 PS4- Meh/10. I usually enjoy these campaigns, they're my guilty pleasure. The action was flat, I had to restart several sections due to glitches, and the story was a nonsense. Had a quick blast on MP and that seems good but I'm really into Destiny MP at the moment so I can't see it taking over. A poor start to the year.

Uncharted 2 - PS4 - This blew me away when I first played it, and I have to admit to being a little underwhelmed by it second time through. It still looks lovely visually though.

This doesn't bode well for the 3rd which I've always thought was the worst of the series, including Golden Abyss.

AC Unity-PS4- Very good, not great but I enjoyed it. I'm so glad they patched out all the app/chest stuff so you could just open them too. No glitches or messed up faces for me either. I've got the Dead Kings dlc to go through which was free. Definitely worth a play.

AC:Unity:Dead Kings dlc-PS4- Glad it was free... Glitchtastic and most of it is spent running through underground caverns.

Everybody's Gone to The Rapture-PS4-A great experience, not so much a game. Play it with headphones on and immerse yourself. It's quite unsettling at times, and the sound is great. Glad I've "played" it.

Mortal Kombat 9-360- Finished the story mode after 5 years... Good game this, had to cheese a couple of times but by the end I was stringing combos together. 1 down from the backlog :)

Legend of Zelda:Wind Waker HD-WiiU- Man this was good,and the TriForce hunt and boss rush at the end wasn't too bad. Ready for TPHD but I'm going to try and finish Phantom Hourglass as I've had it for years but didn't start it as I'd never finished WW!

The Division-PS4-Level 30 and all main missions done. Just got a couple of side missions to do and mop up a few collectibles (and the dark zone!) Really enjoyed this, especially in co-op. Will be putting a lot more time in and may even buy the season pass.

Quantum Break-Bone- After a rocky 1st act and 1st episode of the TV show this gripped me. A really good story, well acted and the episodes got better. The time mechanics work well and once you upgrade them a bit you can string together some amazing time based destruction.

A really solid game and despite what I said in the Now playing thread worth paying full price for. There is replay value to be had in the collectibles and making the different decisions to see how it plays out. I'll hopefully get time to go back to it at some point(Who am I kidding?)

Quantum Break-Bone- After a rocky 1st act and 1st episode of the TV show this gripped me. A really good story, well acted and the episodes got better. The time mechanics work well and once you upgrade them a bit you can string together some amazing time based destruction.

A really solid game and despite what I said in the Now playing thread worth paying full price for. There is replay value to be had in the collectibles and making the different decisions to see how it plays out. I'll hopefully get time to go back to it at some point(Who am I kidding?)

Waiting for them to fix the PC version, so maybe in 6 months time.

The Division PS4.

Did the story and that's it. Boring, overhyped collect-a-thon. If only they'd remembered to include a worthwhile game in their pretty version of New York.

The Division PS4.

Did the story and that's it. Boring, overhyped collect-a-thon. If only they'd remembered to include a worthwhile game in their pretty version of New York.

Wow! You didn't like it at all... Did you play much in co-op?

Did a few missions but the combat was dull (I hate bullet sponges), the story was bland, poor variety of weapons and I had no interest in dealing with griefers in the dark zone just to get the same smg with bigger numbers on it just to play the nonexistent end game.

It felt unfinished.

BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT (XBone) - wow first game of the year but then I did spend a couple of months playing Star Wars Battlefront. This took me a while to get into as you start with almost all your gadgets meaning the learning curve is quite steep from the off and you forget how to play it after shorts breaks but I got absolutely hooked. Best Sandbox game since Far Cry 3 m, great story and story telling and brilliant engine and combat system rolled into one. So glad I picked it up. Just the riddles to do now which I might try and complete for 100%.

I Am Alive - PC. Short but sweet. Remember when this was UbiSoft's big open world survival horror? Now it's a bit like budget Last of Us. Alright for $5 from nuuvem.

Fallout: New Vegas - PC.

Fallout: NV: Old World Blues - PC.

The Division - PC.

Firewatch - PC.

Dragon's Dogma - PC.

Uncharted 2 - PS4.

Until Dawn - PS4.

Pony Island (PC)

Tales From The Borderlands: Episode 1 (PC)

Firewatch (PC)

Tales From The Borderlands:Episode 2 (PC)

Tales From The Borderlands:Episode 3 (PC)

Tales From The Borderlands:Episode 4 (PC)

Tales From The Borderlands:Episode 5 (PC)

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC)

Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PC)

Hyper Light Drifter (PC)