Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Somerset_Bumkin

Windows 10

Haven't bothered yet. Got game streaming working properly and don't want to risk it.

We've set it up on a laptop at work and it seems OK I guess.

Yeah, I beta tested it on my work PC and apart from my scanner just throwing out blank pages now, all went smooth so I did it on my gaming PC.

Seems fine tbh. I immediately cleaned up a load of bloat apps but it still seems to take 5-6 seconds longer to boot. No real issue though. Occasionally both office and home PCs drop wireless connection however.

If you are gonna be gaming it'll be worthwhile eventually though, as MS are really pushing this (hence free) so support should be great, and it will also be the only platform to support DX12.

I have it on the work PC and everything I had installed is fine.

But Edge doesn't work, basically anything that requires internet doesn't work, Apps, Calenders etc. Its like Win10 doesn't think I am connected to a network.

No visible improvements tbh.

I;m still waiting on my Laptop to get Win 10 so I can try streaming from the Xbox

I upgraded and all was fine. Streaming from the bone works well Al, although I was only streaming Rare Replay and I was only playing Jetpac, so make of that what you will lol!

I downgraded when I found Dying Light wouldn't respond, even after file checking, reinstalling etc.

Once I've finished playing that I'll go for it again but with a clean install. Also Silverlight is corrupt now I've gone back so I can't watch Netflix on the PC. No matter what I do it won't work :(

I upgraded to Win 10 by just forcing the issue. Let it do its shit overnight and ready to roll this morning. Only problem I had was I didn't have any wireless connections. Tried stuff from the internet that failed, then took the easy option of updating the drivers and it worked.

The Xbox streaming worked flawlessly, played a bit of Watchdogs and it was fine. I didn't have the time to see if it worked the other way though.

Yes you can, but if you are in the same room as the Xbox you can use that pad.

I found the 360 sticks really stiff now.

Ooh er. I've registered now and will await an email to say it's been downloaded. This will work for me as I'll be able to play my bone in my office while swmbo watches tele.

Search download win 10 and you should find a way of getting it now. That's what I did. Legit of course.

Be careful doing the manual upgrade if you have cheap no brand usb wifi or something like that, you may upgrade then find there's no driver for windows 10, that's what the scheduled upgrade sorts out, you wont get the upgrade until all your drivers have passed checks and work.

I did have to upgrade my WiFi drivers after by hardworking the laptop in. But no real dramas yet

Saying that though, I had Win 10 download for the work PC after it gave me the all clear, but Win10 features don't think I am connected to a network. I don't have a wifi adaptor at all and if it is because of that it would be stupid.

Literally none of the Apps, Weather, Edge etc will work.

Edited by Al

I still had to upgrade my GFX card drivers, have an Nvidia and when Win 10 came on it was using a basic Windows driver.

I'm tired of this ghosting its way into updater and saying you have important update even when you don't.

I really like Windows 10, it's like having a fresh PC again.

Updating windows sounds like a right faff... so glad I never have to worry about drivers.

It's a trade off, customisation comes with faff. But yes, the way Windows does updates is problematic and open to issues. I hate how restricted Apple stuff is but can understand the appeal. We often fix laptops stuck in Windows update loops at work, keeps us busy.