Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest clairebear

Bloodborne

Guest clairebear

Anyone else picked this up? It's famtastic. More of the same Dark Souls greatness.

My arsehole hurts from being raped so much by this game. Yet I still keep bending over for more.

I still haven't played Dark Souls 2 despite it sat installed on Steam since launch. I will pick this up at some point, but tbh there's too many games I want to play that don't require 100% concentration and an open wiki.

Made some progress today, as I got distracted yesterday.

I've opened a shortcut so I don't have to go through the same area again and again. and again.

New monsters and bad guys to kill me now, but at least it's keeping me going :)

So last night everything just clicked with me and this game. I had got to the point where I was about to give up on it.

I got the hang of the gun parry, realised I had to avoid 90% of incoming attacks and I was able to run around loads of the area wiping out everything in my path. (except the werewolves on the bridge, they can fuck off for now!) I opened another shortcut and levelled up a couple of times.

Tonight I made it my mission to rape the Cleric Beast, and rape him I did. I got a measly bronze trophy for it, but do you know what it's the best trophy I've ever earned. 10 hours I've put into this, learning the streets back to front, getting gradually better and better at the game; but not seeming to progress.

I'm so looking forward to getting back into this and pressing forward and not knowing what's next. Maybe it'll take me another 10 hours to get past the next boss, but I don't care. I will finish this game!

Guest SlyEnemy

This is what I love about From's games. It's not that they're "too hard", it's that they're just hard enough. They punish you for making mistakes, not because they're designed to ruin your experience but so that you learn from your experience. I don't think I've stopped playing Dark Souls 2 for about a year and a half now.

Had a go on Bloodborne at a mates house. It looks lovely, but it's a real shame about the framerate and load times. Hopefully the load times will at least get patched into oblivion, but surely they won't help that much. Seems good though, nice change of pace in the combat side of things.

Agreed, I tried Demons/Dark Souls but didn't really give them the time they deserved. I really didn't get this game until I was many hours deep into it! So glad I persevered though, it's so rewarding to make the progress, even if it's just enough echoes to level up. Today was successful though, I've wiped out the whole of the Central part of town. Including a giant pig that I stabbed in the arsehole :) Got enough echoes to level up a few times and then I headed out on a shortcut I'd opened up last time I played.

I crossed a massive bridge killed a group of enemies, bitch slapped a troll and 2 hunters and walked straight into the next boss! I didn't expect it and I came so close to taking him out first time. Got him though.

This is so much fun/stress. I've put it down for the day but I'll get another couple of hours on it tomorrow as I feel I've got a new area to explore.

The frame rate does drop enough at times to be annoying, but overall it's manageable.

I don't mind the load times too much, but they could be shorter. I use the time to reflect. And check Facebook ;)

I've been watching a live feed of this all day. I absolutely did not enjoy Dark Souls. I'm not great at games and normally play more for the storyline.

But that being said i've really enjoyed watching this today. SO I'm considering going to Tesco and getting it. Along with a pizza and some coke.

Guest SlyEnemy

I would say that Dark Souls was an RPG mixed with an action game, Bloodborne is an action game mixed with an RPG. It plays closer to Devil May Cry than it does to Dark Souls, but it's equally as tough and dependant on the same rules: timing your attacks; dodging; using the environment; exploration; patience.

It's probably come out at just the right point in the PS4's life for people to really "get it". Demon Souls came out quite late in the PS3's cycle and I think a lot of people played it, thought "this is hard just for the sake of being hard" and never went back. Same with Dark Souls really. Bloodborne, however, has the monopoly on the PS4 as there's not a great deal else to play - I've seen people who barked about Dark Souls being too hard fall in love with Bloodborne because they put the time in to learn its move-sets, rules and lore (due to the fact there's very little else to play). It wouldn't surprise me if those same people went back to DeS/DaS and suddenly found that they can get much farther than they previously could.

So much dying. Will I ever "get" this game. Who knows.

First solid run I've had so far and my bloody pad ran out of battery. Literally watched myself get beaten to death as I fumbled about with the charging cable. I hate this fucking game.

The load times between deaths has the potential to kill this game for me.

An excellent idea. Just gotta work out how!

Killed the cleric beast last night and Father Gascoine this morning. Saw the giant pig that Ginj was talking about. Unfortunately I went to the head end of the tunnel.

Yeah there is a back door to his back door "FNAR"

I haven't played this since Sunday, I've made significant progress in Old Yharnam, haven't cheesed the dude on the tower but I will if it get's too much.Found loads of cool stuff, and opened a shortcut.

I like to be able to sit down for 2/3 hours to play and the opportunity hasn't happened, maybe Friday night!

I got the minigun guy, just because he was causing me too much of a headache while I was trying to explore. It's good that hunters stay dead after re-awakening or whatever it's called (dying)

I cannot, for the life of me beat the blood starved beast.

Had him down to millimetres of health just now and he just went full on mental and thwarted the shit out of me.

Ginj, fancy coming in and helping me spank his ass?

Sure. I haven't even found him yet :A059: but I'll try.What level are you? I think we have to be within 10 levels of each other, and we can set up a password to make sure I join you.

When are you about?

I'm level 36. I'll be about Sunday evening.

Guest SlyEnemy

Good to see you're playing (if not necessarily enjoying) it Mystic. When you feel like you've hit a brick wall, leave it for the day and come back refreshed. Sometimes your muscle memory is your own worst enemy.

Another thing to do after you've played for a good while is to start a new character just to test those early areas that gave you all that trouble. You'll be amazed at how much you slice your way through the early areas and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Edited by SlyEnemy

I''m really enjoying it mate. It's infuriating and I do find myself rage quitting a lot. But I'll inevitably turn it back on after a couple of minutes.

Guest clairebear

Steves done that boss. He says use pungent blood vials and lightning.

He's broken a couple of his fingers but once they're better he could give you a hand.

Thanks Clairebear. I had a go at him last night after a few beers and kicked his ass.

Killed Vicar Amelia this morning and then slapped the witch of Chadwick all over the joint. Still loving the game.