Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedro

IGN

Is it just me who thinks that, since its expanded to cover TV shows and anime, it has become to a pile of absolute baboon piss? Fucking clickbait, discussions about trailers (FUCKING TRAILERS?!?!), single episode reviews.. What the hell is that about?!?

And maybe.. Just maybe... Once in every 24 articles or so, you get something that shows decent videogame footage or a review. But sometimes they bait and switch with another fucking discussion video filled with fucking neckbeards trying to justify their existence. Fuck's sake.

I used to really like IGN as a source, but now, goddamnit. Every time I go there I just become filled with pure volatile rage.

And baboon piss.

*breathe*..

Never really liked ign. Irritating how much of the Internet is video based. When I'm 'working' I can get away with reading sites but video is a big no.

They had a video for concept art the other day. A video. For concept fucking art.

I go there occasionally but prefer Eurogamer.

I used to check it on the regular. And the podcasts were good. Literally everyone has fucked off now to different things and I have no idea who the people are who work there.

Guest Sly Reflex

The thing with videos is that you cannot block whatever the content is once you click play, so they can bombard you with all sorts of other links and advertisements that you'd otherwise ignore or completely block if they were static images on a page.

There's an issue with that though. People get fed up of wading through crap so decide against looking at the videos and therefore stop looking at related content and sponsors. I guess that makes them go into aggressive overdrive with how they start to deliver these pieces, I know that we're all sick of headlines that end up with "You won't believe what happened next...", it's just click bait nonsense. It's a way of ruining something that was good by trying to squeeze as many views as possible from it for monies.

A similar but unrelated thing happened on Youtube where users were allowed to put link and boxes all over their videos, 99% of that shit is just intrusive. I sort of appreciate the people that do the previously or next boxes that hyperlink you to which ever video you're wanting if you're watching a series, but when people are just filling the frame with meaningless pop ups to funnel you into more shit it becomes too much. The biggest offender is the "Subscribe" pop up. I already have a subscribe button on my screen, why do I need another that blocks my vision of what I'm watching? I used to watch a load of Youtube stuff at one point, but now everyone is trying to make money out of it instead of doing it just because they like to do it it's got to a point where I've given up on almost everything bar a few people.

TL:DR version of why things turn to wank. Money. Always money.