Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
clairebear

Help with latency

So see trying to stream movies on Xbox one - joke. I bought season 4 game of thrones and it was constantly buffering. As decided to call sky as thought my internet had gone wonky.as my download speed was 24 they said it had to be a problem with live so after a hour on the phone to them I finally figured out that the latency is up at 174! Shocking.

Eventually I spoke to someone at sky again who will be calling me back today to open like a million ports. Shouldn't they be able to just fix this without opening the ports? I'm a bit clueless with all this.

About the same for everyone, did a quick Google and most people seem to get what you are. I am also, its seems to have stuff all to do with your internet speed. Looks like bad networking on the Bone

I have read that it pings the Seattle based servers when you test them, if you check in game pings they are a lot lower as they are more local.

Sounds like video is being streamed from abroad.

Have you tried changing your DNS settings on the Bone to Google's free open source DNS? That may improve things.

Netflix is pretty much unusable on the bone so I gave up and use my iPad in bed instead. The bone still has a lot of teething problems all stemming from trying the shoehorn the imprenetrable windows 8 that I give as much fucks about learning how to use as they gave making the shit.

It is also not easy to use to stream from a Win 7 PC to the Bone using Windows Media Player.

I need another good DNLA server.

No, but I shall, thanks :)

Is it free to use as a media server, you just can pay for other features?

Not tried those things but I will. Now sky is saying that I have router issues and will send me a new one. I'm pretty dubious about this to be fair.

You know when they're telling you to turn the router on and off they have no clue what's wrong....

Some I know in IT tech support is a champion of turn it off and on, he said it clears loads of "stuff", I was lost after that point.

But I think it is a Xbone issue, not your ISP or router etc.

Off and on is a valid fix.

Al, free to use but you can buy extra stuff. I played with it and it's pretty easy to set up and use.

Double checked the page and you *might* need Plex Pass for Xbone access, might not. Not entirely clear on the site. Give it a whirl.

I see DviX is a media server, I have so I'll give it a whirl.

Shufty, Plex works a treat, the menu system is a chore, but otherwise great.

El P, it is an Xbox One issue, nothing else, M$ need to fix it. Maybe by streaming movies from this continent.