Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Al

XBone vs PS4

Guest Sly Reflex

I spent a few hours with the XO today. I want to punch whoever designed the dash, it's a right pile o shite. Talking to the XO to do things is actually slower than doing the same thing on your 360, and doing it by pad is crazy long. tech for techs sake...

Ahh the blades, simple times. What a great interface, my xbox hasn't been the same to me ever since they updated it and I lost all track of how the fuck I was supposed to actually play games on it.

I picked up a cheap as fuck second hand 360 today. Seemed like a good time to do so, seeing as I still have so many games for it.

An hour later and fuck me, it has become a horrible, horrible machine.

I was thinking of getting a 360 again, but bugger me I just can't be arsed with all the ads, it's like it was made by geocities.

Guest marthagogo

i saw an xbox1 for real, set up in someones house, they even had a 360mini plugged into it. the kinect part wasnt as big as i was expecting.

Guest TwinHype

It's fucking dreadful. Bring back the blades!!!!

lol, those were simpler times. Rainbow 6 ftw!

Guest TwinHype

also I went PS4 because it's cheaper, more powerful and doesn't have a camera that spies on you (unless you decide to buy it) I can't get both this close to xmas so PS4 seemed the logical choice. Xbox does probably have a better launch game line up though.

Xbone seems burdened with shite. They must see stats on who used voice control and who stuck with the controller. I admit to losing a lot of interest with more and more bloated menu systems. People used to mock the xmb on the ps3 but it's simple as shit and that's what works for me.

XMB is still my favourite menu for a games console, I don't need flashy shit everywhere I just want to launch a game. I wish the Vita had it, while it's not a terrible interface it's still a bit bling.

I find xmb annoying. The logic works in places but in others it makes finding things unnecessarily cumbersome.

But that's not a PS4 Bummers?

Ha. Anyone else see the Black Friday South-park? Game of Thrones spoof of the console wars.

"Let the Sony fucks enjoy their inferior connectivity".

Plus PS4 doesn't have Dead Rising 3. Other 2 games were one of my favs from previous gen.

Awesome friend!, how does that compare to the chocolate orange you got him?

XBone first impressions:

It's another brick, with a little brick to supply power again.

Turned it on, it's very slow on the first load.

Update.

1hr later I'm in.

I don't get windows 8 (which is what I assume this is).

Put Dead Rising 2 in.

Install.......

Play

5gb mandatory update......

Put pad down and go a watch tv with family wondering why they copied the PS3.

Day 2...

Go to watch some 'discover' videos. First 3 don't work.

Play with the kinect features which is actually really cool and very 'minority report'

Play Dead Rising 3 which looks fucking awesome.

Try and play with the kinect features again but realise its just easier to use the pad.

All in all, it's exactly what I thought it would be. A little media hub for my living room for which I will use it for nothing else other than playing games.