Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Idaho

Quick Graphics card advice

The fan on my card has gone tits up.

Saw this and it looks identical to mine but mine is a 1gig version. Seems dumb but is it worth getting this one instead of seeking out a new fan?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/nVidia-GeForce-GT430-2-GB-2048-MB-RAM-PCI-E-SPARKLE-/130957089795?pt=UK_Computing_Computer_Components_Graphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item1e7da69c03

What's your budget? I've seen some ridiculous bargains on RLLMUK over the past few months where people have offloaded cards much better for under 50 notes.

Also, looking around, there seems to be a very high fail rate of cards in the 430 series...

i could probably stretch a bit... possibly up to 50... I don't want to have to upgrade my PSU though really... although looking at it it doesn't look too tricky to actually do that myself...

Ok so I have a 500w psu... guessing this really need upgrading?

is that as easy as it looks? buy new one, unplug old one, fit new one, plug in just like old one was?

All the cards I've linked to here will run fine on a 500w PSU and even leave room for overclocking. All will decimate (srsly) your current card working or not!!

I'm eyeing up those 460's myself now. A bit of research shows my system could take one for PhysX...

I won't bid if you are going for them though ;)

Got a 460 in my own system, they're decent cards. Starting to show its age with some newer titles but I can still run most things on Med-High settings (but it cries when it sees Ultra/V.High).

Yeah I'm on a 470 and it's starting to show. Was going to get a 760 but our kitchen is falling apart so we're getting that done instead.

Guest SlyEnemy

I've heard the Kitchen is pretty good at running burgers on Ultra settings, good choice.