Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Al

iMac problem

At work we just got an iMac back to sort out(not the imac itself) but I have to sort out the imac now, when it starts it has a flashing file icon with a ? in it.

Is it broken, they also neglected to send back the mouse/KB, will any old USB shit wotk?

I'd already seen that, but nothing happens, I don't have the disc either, it was at a school and despite being told not to fuck around with it, they did.

They probably tried bootcamping it and wiped the wrong partition, you will need a copy of the install disc. If you can give me the model number I can look for the right ISO for you.

A1224

Cheers, that needs 10.5.7 (Leopard) I can't see the links from work, but you should be able to grab it off CNET. If you don't find it before I get home, I will send you a pm with a link to it.

Cheers Ash

Are supposed to get pretty warm?, like you can smell it warm? The top of it is a lot warmer than I would expect.

My 24" iMac would get roaring hot at the top, as long as you can hear the fans going then it shouldn't be an issue. Might be worth resetting the PRAM and PCU in case someone has buggered with fan control software.

ok, couldn't find any OS for it online today, well I could but it was paid for stuff!

Sorry fella, we had an unnanounced visitor last night who didn't fuck off until nearly midnight.

bastards! lol, no worries, its only for work. If it was for me though! Grrrrr