Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jusatsushi

Rogue Legacy

Thought this deserved a thread as the internets is going pretty wild for it. It's an indie side scroller that's being described as Symphony of the Night meets Dark Souls, and if that doesn't moisten the old gaming clunge you are dead to me. Dead.

Anyway, here's a quick look thing:

And here's a link where you can buy it for like a tenner or just download the pretty generous demo:

http://www.roguelegacy.com/

Prolly gonna be half price at some point during the imminent Steam summer sale, but just to put it on your radar.

Have you tried it yet JuiceHat? I really love the look of this but I too am thinking Summer Sale Shenanigans.

Tried the demo and I love it, but just can't bring myself to click buy at the moment as I know it'll be cheaper in a fortnight or so.

But you said it's good and that now makes me want it :( It's exactly the sort of game I love as well. I was hoping La Mulana would be a bit more like this but the puzzles are just complete headfucks. I want this now because you said I had to buy it. Why are you doing this to me?

Steam sales need to hurry the fuck up and bankrupt me already.

Already got £80 sat on account :S

I have purchased it and cannot stop playing it.

Has that one more go thing down.

Must.... resist....

I bought this in the Steam sale and it's fanfuckingtastic. One.....more....go...............................2 hours later..............just one more.......

Basically I picked this up to play when I didn't have much time, and although I did play it for 10 minutes once while I was waiting for stuff to cook it has been 2 long sessions that would have been longer had life not got in the way. I haven't loved a game like this for a long time. Buy it you won't be disappointed.

Downloaded and put a couple of hours into this yesterday. Every time I feel like I'm getting the hump and am about to turn it off I get a good run and rack up the gold. Which of course I need to spend, so I have to choose my next heir. Who I then have to play.

Clever game.

Bumpity bump! Dusted the vita off recently to get some gaming in before bed and I've been playing this. Couldn't sleep last night so loaded it up and it's a but good innit!? 

Exactly how Kurt says, I think I've had enough then I have a good run and get lots of gold so get to levelling shit up and of course have to have a quick blast with the levelled up gubbins... Very very clever. There's a few bits that annoy me though. 

I've had a couple of runs where I'm pretty sure I've had nowhere to really go either due to impossibly high ledges or spikes fucking everywhere. I'm guessing I've not unlocked a power or something... Or I'm missing something very very obvious! 

I have always meant to go back to this, but I suspect that when I buy it, Dead Cells will pretty much do what Rogue Legacy does, but better. Still, it's an awesome game.