Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mystic

Your nowloading memories

You may be in for a bit of a read here...

So you guys are literally the reason why I sucked at my job in the civil service. During training I had internet access and paid fuck all notice of what was being taught to me. I just went on the gtm boards and it went from there really... Peddles 'best gif in the world' avatar had me fascinated and I made what turned out to be a really funny post in my first few (it was about flags, bizarrely), then I read the online thread and I had just got my 359, and it looked like you guys were really good mates, and I wanted some of that.

First time online - Halo 2. Played with DC, Papa and Hangman. My first death - Hangman said 'Smurph, behind you', waited til I turned and then shot my face off, the cunt. Anyway, after it, got a really nice message from Dave, like 'sorry it was only a short game, hope to play again soon...' bless that lovely little man.

PGR2 was the ultimate highlight of the 359 days. No, wait! Farcry - predator mode, on Jim's massive level (and the sucking the online teat sound effect I made when we downloaded it), just hearing Dave and Jim panicking as I got closer...

I remember the MSN meetings we all had when gtm went down, and trying to salvage as many of the old guard as we could... worked out pretty damn well, you lovely bunch of twats stayed about, and I loved every one of the newbs that hung about even though we are all mental and gave them lots of stick (Rich, I'm looking at you).

Blackpool 06... From the very second of getting picked up by DC at Newcastle airport, to being left off again... Sheer joy. One of my best memories is James, who as you all know is quite the marmite (I love marmite) when online and drunk, being short next to me and looking worried in case I was going to step on him or something. :D Gareth was the last to arrive on the first day, we all waited as he walked up to the hotel, and he's so sexy in real life. Didn't Dan arrive the next day? I think we were really subdued on the Saturday (ish) after such a mental session. Pictochat made me laugh harder than I ever had. What did we call the pacman with the top hat and moustache? Mr something? Guitar hero WITH WIGS. Porky got pooped on (and later retaliated with AirShits™ at Twins). Too much stuff to mention, but I literally fell in bromance with all of you that weekend. Bob the rapist!!

I may have to split this into two as I have so much stuff to go on about. Like the new faces in Pool 07, Twins meets, all that. I guess a lot of it has been mentioned but I want to mention it again as it's been so awesome, you guys are so damn nice, and every time I come on here, or go to a meet, or talk on the phone or Live or PSN to any of you. its going to be awesome. I really want to meet the guys I haven't yet, Yussry, Ash, Shufts, DK, Sly. Claire, Biggie, Julian... maybe even Martha. Wait, no, not Martha. Oh go on then. Especially Al - we've spent sooo much time online together, it feels weird to have never met face to face. Anyway, sorry if I missed anyone.

What I'm trying to say is you guys are like family to me, and many of you have helped me through some really tough times. Bob - you'll never know how well timed that text was a couple of summers ago, when I hadn't been on here in a while and you just asked how I was.

Anyway, more stories and less schmaltz soon. I must work!

I haven't met a single soul from here. Which is pretty shit of me as DC lives in Ferry Hill which is near Durham and sly live in Leeds, where I live...I'm a bad person.

Guest Sly Reflex

On the contrary I've seen you. Yes really. You were slogging your bollocks off in Cex. At least I think it was you...

Did you buy him a pint? I'm pretty sure if I met Shufty the first thing I would have to do is buy him a pint...

...not sure why?

Which store? I only did the odd day at the Leeds one. Bradford, Dewsbury and Huddersfield however...

Guest Sly Reflex

It is possible we never met then. All those times I wanked over a random stranger believing it was you. Now I feel betrayed and a bit silly.

I saw some weird shit working there but sure I'd remember a guy wanking off in the middle of the shop while staring intently at me.

Edited by Shufty

Mr. Pookakke. The Pacman with the top hat etc.

So... Part 2:

Live nights on 360 - Halo 3 rocket races - me and Dan with our triforce emblems, we had a thing going. Racing past Dave with whoever (mostly Jim I think) and hearing their voices coming through the tv, Dave going 'no, you flaming clot!' a lot and it decending into a barrage of rocket fights, checkpoints bedamned. :D

Outrun - remember the night where it was wall to wall Arnie quotes? 'See you at the pahty, Richtehhr!' And many, many Aliens nights, acting nearly the whole thing. Vegas terrorist hunts were amazing, and Bob mentioned the mouths on the characters miming Dave's snores...

I know most people loved Uno, but my game of choice when too fucked to play owt else was Carcassone - surprisingly it wasn't too hard to get a strategy going on when I could barely speak. Worms was always hilarious, comedy deaths a plenty.

Meets: Twin's was epic. For those who haven't experienced the man-cave, it's unbelievable, has a shower and a kitchen (and a big fackin lump of cheese) and one of the best moments was Kurt leaving early (not great in itself, but) then leaving a massive pile of bottles in the shape of a heart before he left for us to find when we got up. I spooned Gareth. It was nice. Porky stank. Wayne had hair. Those were the days.

Somethings I forgot about in Blackpool - Gareths Limit Break Feet!! And Kurt spooning me and taking a creepy as fuck picture while I was conked. That was Carl's fault, I had about 12 pints and then he built this massive dooby that absolutely killed me. There's a photo of just before I zonked too, my face was a picture. Ped hiding under the pool table. B.O.B not having a fucking clue what he let himself in for, poor fella. Guitar Hero turned into Rock Band as Dan played bongos to Sweet Child - where did they come from? Random childs toys in a hotel... 7 of us piling on to Dave while he slept and knew nothing about it, the start of Human Buckeroo a few days before in Daves house as Wayne made a tower of beer cans on his ear... :D

Too many more to mention.

Guest DADDYCOOL

Erm hello :) loving the above posts xx

One that really sticks in my mind was the 'let's see who can make the most offensive pictochat picture' at Blackpool 06. I was proud to say I think I won that one thanks to my depiction of 'our lord Jesus Christ's powerful phallus bursting through the back of the neck of princess Diana'!

Will we once again get to see Dave virtually snoring in Vegas 2....?

They're so many things I'd forgotten until reading your posts Smurph :)

Gareth... wasn't it bungie jumping abortions or something?

Something like that. Umbilical chords may have been involved. What was I thinking?

Guest clairebear

Aww man I almost got all emo over those posts. I remember I was around 21 when I first joined the gm boards that was 7 years ago. I'd never been on a forum ever. I remember a few of you took me under their wing.

I remember Windys reaaaalllllyyyy long posts about RPGs I had never ever heard of and was too afraid to ask about. Mr Hangman fancied me and me and my friend led him on for a laugh. The lovely Tachi helped me put my very first avatar on and that was a right laugh.

I was afraid of Toy That Kills

I loved Gareth's posts on RPGs, I thought he was well cool. Julian was just the sweetest guy ever. He sent me a couple of cool figures one year for crimbo secret Santa.

I thought mystic was well hot

Then we changed to nl, I met loads of new peeps Idaho Dave, AL etc

Then I disappeared for this and that reason and when I came back it was obvious there had been no women around cos you were all pervs. But I still remembered the time one of you phoned me (can't remember who or how you got my number) on the train home from Oxford. It was such a nice conversation.

I tell all my secrets to you guys. Stuff I don't tell my real life friends. It's weird because you all are like family. You've all seen me go through men like a nothing on earth. You've all got to be big men and had babies and stuff. It's cool.

I love you guys

Guest clairebear

Yeah I do, that man seemed to have been through the wars. A couple of times over the years I've wondered what ever happened to him......