Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mystic

Your nowloading memories

I mentioned in the Live thread about how much I had gone through since joining the forum nearly a decade ago... just wanted to post a collection of my NowLoading memories and if people want to add theirs, that would be cool.

Dave Daddycool helping me set up my 359 that I'd worked my ass through a weekend of overtime to buy; just so I could talk to you guys in real-time.

- It took me hours to set it up.

- Pedro was the first person I managed to meet. It was on Burnout.

- Mr. Hangman was the second, and he got arsey with me because I asked if he felt Claire played up to the whole Girl-Gamer thing.

Smurph saying I looked like Ricky Martin after the first Post your pic thread

Flint-Blackman-Gate ... lol

My First Nowloading meet in Blackpool.

- I'd just split up with Hol and was still kinda in bits and I had just the most surreal, awesome weekend I could have ever imagined. I was hooked after that.

Every other meet since then. But especially the first weekend in Workington with SlyEnemy.

MEEAAATTT GRINDER

-Also all additional stupid Memes: Goat In, Run to the back of the carriage and use the chaingun (started by me), Is your modem/ router switched on, what does Rich f=do for a living ... it goes on and on.

... anyway that's enough, don't want to get too far into TL:DR territory.

Guest SlyEnemy

TS:WM.

The first time I met most of you was when we went to Twins, and that was fucking weird because I'd probably only been posting for afew months. I stayed at Village's house the night before and I'd only spoken to him twice. It was lucky we were stupidly similar otherwise that would have been awkward.

Twin's house was like going to Heaven for a weekend - loads of people who just got on with each other, stupid amounts of games, flowing booze... Man, that was good.

The weekend in Workington was crazy because I don't think I've seen a night round town like it before, they must have known you were all coming because that shit was off the hook yoooooo.

Other stand out moments: Pickled's party palace - especially good because I made Rik cry when I forgot to order a vegetarian pizza. I don't mean metaphorical cry, I mean actual cry.

Daddycool sending me an Xbox headset when we barely knew each other was one of the coolest, nicest things ever. Then playing Far Cry with Smurph, Papa and DC being my first foray into online console gaming.

Me and Pedro playing nights of SF and Uno - Uno in particular because of the Indian guy who kept trying to say "Satan" but kept saying "Staiton".

Redman calling Riva a "patronising cunt" had me paralyzed with laughter as it was over a discussion about Madeleine fucking McCann. If ever there was a reason for someone to leave NL that had to be the funniest.

Probably close to Xeph's bizarre request to leave because we didn't agree that Sony "won" an E3.

Doing the Podcasts/Vidcasts, stupid amounts of work they were and not very good, but it was awesome just doing stuff to make each other laugh.

The second visit to Twin's house when we sat outside and sang the entire South Park: The Movie soundtrack.

Singing the Portal song in a take away in Workington.

There are fuck loads more incidentals but I'm sure someone will bring them up in due course!

I've nade more proper friends through this site than I've ever met in real life. The internet is awesome.

In no particular order:

Bullet catching Ants- We were playing Rainbow Six I think, and a conversation started about body armour. Bummers came up with bullet catching Ants.

COD 3- One of the 1st times online with you lot and someone bitching and moaning that I'd team killed or something. I think it was either Twin or one of his mates.

DC-sneaking into his bedroom and trying to insert a banana into his lovely wife... :)

NL meet at Blackpool, with a night either side at DCs house. That weekend was awesome.

Smurphapaloozas,Shed meet and Bristol. Honourable mention to Croydon and Rich sleeping under a mattress.

My Wedding, having as many of you sexy bastards turn up for little old me was very touching :)

EDIT: The sheer amount of random drunken Xbox Live photos, that you inevitably regretted the next day.

Bullet catching ants was around the same time as Robomuslim right? And "I'm in the garden with my 360 controller LOL"

I joined gTM boards September 2004, and posted all the time cos I'd just been made redundant and CBx4 asked if I was AI or something...

'Kin ell...

9 years...

Yakuza 4 round Twin's

Farting the last two notes of "Still Alive" and Smurph (I think) catching it on camera.

Pole dancing...

A few WoW sessions with Village - "We are the WoW police" and "I from Poland and I angry..."

Pissed as fuck on UNO. Some random fat Scottish guy.

I got pulled in by Sly Dave so he's to blame. I think we were both unemployed at the same time for a month or two so my days consisted of waiting for Nice Face (sorry Mystic) to go out and pretending to look for a job only to spend the day on Halo 2, Far Cry, or Forza with him. He suggested I come here and I'm so glad I did...

1st Twin meet he'd said that there was enough people coming so Sly Dave had a word and got the ok for my quick day visit (stupid work)

All the meets I've been to... Workington, Bristol, London, Mine... They've just all been ace... The awesome road trips including listening to I Disappear and We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off about a thousand times on the road trip to and from brizzle with Wayne.

THAT photo

My minor spat with Smurph over my refusal to censor myself... and the inevitable, and seemingly permanent, labeling of being a cunt.

The various memes and dreading a get together I wasn't at cos it was like you fuckers were speaking another language after.

I love that I have so many memories with you guys... some i barely remember! The London meet, Wayne and Dan coming to leicester when I was visiting Rik.

Daddycool Vs Stairs... :))

I miss Dave... I know he's all too busy for us nowadays, but he is such infectiously pleasent company. That squeaky toy thing he got in Blackpool, then subsequently swallowed!!

I can't remember when I registered for the GTM boards but it might be amusing to look at the percentage of my life that I've been a member of that/this community :P

I found this place by accident while trying to find out why GTM magazine disappeared from sale. It was worth it.

My favourite memories were of the random pictres on live nights, every break, suddenly you would get a pop-up of someone doing something incredibly stupid!

For some reason this gif reminds me of old Papa back when he was still Blingo.

attachicon.gifrascock.gif

I have no idea what that means, but I am going to ere on the side of caution, and be offended.

I can't remember when I registered for the GTM boards but it might be amusing to look at the percentage of my life that I've been a member of that/this community :P

Playing on Live, probably COD2 or something like that and we were all so pissed off with this cunts proficiency at killing us all, we relegated him to knives and handguns only, and he still topped the fucking leaderboards...

rambling lobbies are my "highlight", gawd I hated them.

Rainbow 6 Black Arrow and PGR 2, nothing else came close to those nights.

For me (and others) this goes right back to the TGN (TotalGames.net) boards which were 'run' by GamesTM's original publisher. There was the gTM section which you accessed using a password which they printed each month in the magazine... which then went down and then lead to the epic MSN chat to decide the name of this place.

Rainbow Six: Black Arrow - In Dave's defence it wasn't just him miss throwing grenades, a few of us did it including me - damn funny it was too. Also, falling asleep with the animated mouths which moved with each snore!
PGR2: I agree with Al, those were awesome times, I was living at home with my parents and didn't do much of an evening so, PGR, Halo etc. it was!

Meets have been awesome, Blackpool, Smurphapolooza 1&2, Ginja's wedding - the photos, drunkenness and... PictoChat!

Its like we were all at school together now everyone has fucked off in different directions, babies, marriage/divorce, PC's, strange how the nights faded. I blame Chris and his stupid evening job.

Joined the forum in 2004 looking for research on my (sadly bag of shite) dissertation, even when I didn't have any access to online. I was one of the very few who used the PS2 online features, getting perhaps 3 games of time splitters and 2 games of Butnout 3... Ever. I think I raced against CBx4 once.

Then when the shit went down i was both here and part of Riva's project (which went south), and eventually became here exclusively.

I got an Xbox roughly the same time as everyone got a 360, but I soon upgraded and joined in shenanigans. The rest is MP history.

Notable mentions for this group of reprobates?

Online:

Burnout revenge with yakkedy sax - daddycool's fault

Marbleblast ultra - first live game with quite a few people

Rainbow6 (various) - Dave as roboterrorist, with theme tune; perfectly lobbing a grenade to bounce back and kill the entire team..

TDU: stuntman test drives and convoy. And yes, the complete island race (I can't remember who I did that with though)

Mystic's drunken banana-based intro

Daddycool's drunken banana-based insertion attempt

"The hamster's up"

"Egg foo yung baby"

Slydave and Staiton!

Farcry predator - holy hell could you have suspense with that game!

Legendary streetfighter matches

Meeting these chumps for real:

The original Blackpool meet: 2006 world cup, Don't stop me now, THAT game of football after the quarter finals, the mana pool in the morning guitar hero (showing off on cowboys from hell on expert)..

The following meet: the travelling up with Ant and Bob, human buckaroo, smoking with Dan until the 6am legal curfew, then walking down to the beach to get some yazoo! Awesome gameage, kebaberal damage, cocktochat, pool table shenanigans..

Brizzle and idafest, halo vase, pikey cider, cruising with Ginj, the world's most miserable breakfast, Gary's fucking amazing cooking..

Too much. And shit yeah, I miss you guys. I've had three of you come over, four including Lloyd, but need to see everyone's sexy faces again soon!

Found this crazy place when the GTM forum went down.

Not been on much as running a pub seems to get in the way if I'm not playing online.

Loved so much banter on here, too many to mention.

THAT picture still makes me chuckle.

The Modem/Router stuff and Dave.

The meet in London was a cracking night out after the Eurogamer Expo and was chuffed to meet a few. 'Where's the beach?'

Sad to see Xeph leave but it was a hissy fit. (Sony still rulez!)

Hoping to go to the Expo this year...

Guest SlyEnemy

Notable mentions for this group of reprobates?

Online:

Burnout revenge with yakkedy sax - daddycool's fault

Marbleblast ultra - first live game with quite a few people

Rainbow6 (various) - Dave as roboterrorist, with theme tune; perfectly lobbing a grenade to bounce back and kill the entire team..

TDU: stuntman test drives and convoy. And yes, the complete island race (I can't remember who I did that with though)

Mystic's drunken banana-based intro

Daddycool's drunken banana-based insertion attempt

"The hamster's up"

"Egg foo yung baby"

Slydave and Staiton!

Farcry predator - holy hell could you have suspense with that game!

Legendary streetfighter matches

Meeting these chumps for real:

The original Blackpool meet: 2006 world cup, Don't stop me now, THAT game of football after the quarter finals, the mana pool in the morning guitar hero (showing off on cowboys from hell on expert)..

The following meet: the travelling up with Ant and Bob, human buckaroo, smoking with Dan until the 6am legal curfew, then walking down to the beach to get some yazoo! Awesome gameage, kebaberal damage, cocktochat, pool table shenanigans..

Brizzle and idafest, halo vase, pikey cider, cruising with Ginj, the world's most miserable breakfast, Gary's fucking amazing cooking..

Too much. And shit yeah, I miss you guys. I've had three of you come over, four including Lloyd, but need to see everyone's sexy faces again soon!

Hahaha, I completely forgot about Halo Vase! Ooooooh! Oh oh ahh ahh! Oh oooh aah ahh ooohh aaah! BAM BAM BAM! BAM BAM BAM!