Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jusatsushi

State of Decay

I was going to pick it up (and dust off the 360) in a few days hopefully. Got Hitman and Remember Me to finish, but might slot that in between.

From what I'm reading, bit buggy but otherwise executed well.

I watched a 45 minute playthrough last night and was this ---->.

I held off cos it's coming to PC soon, plus I have Defiance, Remember Me and Gunslinger to keep me going...

I played the demo. It reminded me a lot of gta 3, strangely.

Played a few hours on this so far, it's good!

Technically, it can be a bit janky - some animations are poor, zombies stuck in floors, etc - but it's mostly superficial stuff from just having a lower budget I think. Otherwise, the gameplay is solid.

It's very much about the survival of you and your homebase, you have to scavenge a lot to keep it running and I'm starting to see the danger in going further afield for supplies. You'll find neighbours, scavengers and a couple of bigger enclaves around the towns - you can trade with them, protect them to gain their trust and have a bigger safe zone, or let them die out and keep the supplies for yourself.

You'll get missions throughout that are mostly along the lines of helping someone out from your homebase or investigating reports of infestations. If you leave them long enough (there's a day/night cycle) then there will be a random chance that the people will die/survive or some other outcome. There are a couple of main story questlines involving some local factions that will never expire though.

I think the thing that sets it apart from other zombie games is definitely the base building. It's something that's sort of been missing from the constant forward push in other zombie games, so to have that base to upgrade and maintain and all the people in it to keep happy and healthy really sets this game apart.

Brought me back to dust off the Xbox and I'm happy with my purchase :)

is it worth £6.74 on the 360 marketplace?

I picked this up in the Steam sales. I've played 30 minutes or so and haven't found it repetitive.

It's a good 8-10 hours of play if you do all the side stuff, which I highly recommend as the main story gets a bit crappy.

Well worth it.

It's a great, great game and I was loving it, but an update on Steam fucked up the gamma for me and I haven't been back to it. Need to finish it off (assuming it's been fixed).

Well I picked up the YOSE of this, and am loving it again. Don't really see what's been improved bar the draw distance though.

Boo!! I was looking forward to a decent co-op version of the first, but the reviews for it look pretty dire.

If you enjoyed the first you'll enjoy this. It's the same game with a bit better graphics and a bit more micromanaging.