Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somerset_Bumkin

I have a £800 budget, what can you build me?

I think all the gubbins are coming tomorrow so I'm doing a bit of prep tonight transferring my steamapps and iTunes to an external HDD.

Would you bother to put in my old soundblaster? Or just use the onboard sound?

After I complete the build and install Windows 7 again on first startup, what order would you begin to install your hardware drivers?

CABLE TIDYING!!!

All done now, can't wait to see it in action. I've come across two unforeseen problems:

1. I don't have a USB keyboard and apparently the old analogue pin design doesn't come with mobo's anymore.

2. My mobo doesn't have PCI-E slots and I connect to the internet via a Belkin wireless card.

I'm sure the above has been the norm for a while, but fuck it!!! I can't play!!

So frustrating! After all that spending on hi tech shit, all you need is a £5 keyboard and a £5 usb wi-fi reciever!!

Tell me about it bro! I think I may have a USB adapter for old keyboards somewhere and tomorrow I'll run some LAN cable and connect properly.

Annoying though but crying, pain and frustration is par for the course with PC gaming, I'm glad things haven't charged much in the last 5 years!

But the rewards... ahh, the rewards.

I've just shut down after an evening playing the new Tomb Raider at close to max settings and holy shit, I've never regretted spending that grand for a minute. Honestly, with Steam big picture mode and so many games having native 360 pad support, the PC really is like a huge open source console these days. I'd put my dick in mine if there was a slot big enough.

Finally almost there, just going through the ball-ache of moving iTunes and steam games. Had a quick poke at the graphics test on dawn of war 2: retribution, and the max FPS was 168 with a 98 average on Ultra settings.

Awesome.

Sweet :) I love PoC gaming. Not quite as much as Gareth, but almost.

What's your Steam name dude?

Antc1983

Had a 30 min session on Crysis to give it bit of a stress test. 1860x1050, max settings with 16x AA and it didn't skip a beat. In fact when I emerged from the jungle and saw the landscape, ocean and mountains I creamed in my pants. That's a six year old game as well.

Still don't really like Crysis though, can't get on with all that suit changing bollox.

I'm still wet for this BTW. Been playing Far Cry as I never got to see it in all of its glory, running on absolute max settings (16AA etc..) at 1860x1050(I think), and blasting through the jungle in a Humvee holding a steady 350FPS lol. It's slick, the lowest I've got it down to was 160 with a big battle and massive splosions.

DL'ed FC3 now as it was on sale, so will be playing that next.

Far Cry 3 will look utterly amazing and should blow you away. Don't be too let down if the framerate drops to about 45 occasionally if you max it though, as it's pretty demanding. LOL.