Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pickled

New Graphics Card for around £100

Pretty much as per title to be honest, I got excited about the THQ bundle and bought it, knowing full well that my Radeon IGP HD3200 wouldn't play them. I was plannign on getting a card any way so having those games sat there waiting for me is an incentive.

I was looking at this one

http://www.amazon.co...IN%3DB00761YFPW

but the world of graphics cards is pretty new to me to be honest. I've had a look on game debate for specs for the various games and this is good for them (just need to upgrade my processor too).

anyone with any other ideas that may be better :)

Do you know what power supply you have and what connections it has?

A 7750 is a low profile GPU so it doesn't need external power - great if you have a low wattage PSU or don't want to faff around with what connections your PSU has, but if you can run it, you could pick up a 2nd hand card on various game forums for around that price that would decimate the 7750.

http://www.techspot.com/products/graphics-cards/amd-ati-radeon-hd-7750-1gb-gddr5-pcie.83678/

Nice, I did just look at the hd7770. I cracked open my pc and I've got a 650W psu so there should be plenty of power as I think my processor only draws about 45 watts (though I was thinking of upgrading that too!)

I'd need a 4 pin to 6 pin connector though, but think they're pretty cheap anyway

Cheers Jusat o/

I've just found that card you recommended on ebay with Far cry 3,Sleeping dogs, Hitman Absolution and Operation Flashpoint for £105, seems too good to be true, but is about to get bought if it's legit!!

hmmm, my suspicion button has been pressed, registered as a business seller but has only sold 7 items in the past year, for about 6 quid each...not convinced