Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tachikoma

Guild Wars 2 Online Arrangements

As above, just picked it up and will be downloading the Mac Beta tonight, won't be online until Monday night other than to log in and download patches.

Any recommendations for class/race combinations? thinking sexy elf mage-type-thing or possibly and engineer, whatever has the best costume. Also, server recommendations from those already playing.

So how does this work then? must I buy the game on PC and download the Mac Beta?

Also, I have a 13" mbp, i7 2.8 core, with 4gig ram but the intel HD3000 graphics. Is there some kind of benchmarking as to how nice it would look on this?

Yeah I bought the PC version, registered on their site using the PC product key then downloaded the Mac Beta.

My MBP has quad core i7, 8GB RAM, intel HD 3000 and Radeon 6490M graphics, I get around 37fps with medium/low settings, not played around with the graphics options yet, willing to ramp them up and sacrifice a few FPS. Here's some screenies.

Screen Shot 2012-09-22 at 08.38.10.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-09-22 at 08.41.15.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-09-22 at 08.43.05.jpg

I'm on Desolation server in the RLLMUK guild, but Borderlands 2 has pretty much all my game time at the moment. I will be back on GW2 though - it's lovely.

Me and a few guys (and a girl soon) from work are on Pikon Square server, my ID is TachikomaKun.9421 got a human Mesmer up to level 5, much preferring that to the mage I created.

I tell you what, I'm fucking loving this game! it's like they made a list of what was good and bad about WoW and fixed every single thing. I set it up to play with the PS3 pad, and it still works brilliantly, as soon as I get my HDMI adapter back from a mate tomorrow, I'm playing this full time on my 40" TV, although admittedly at a lower detail due to the 1080p screen rather than the shitty 1440x900 screen my MacBook Pro has...

Got the game looking nice with a relatively constant 27fps, which is perfectly acceptable.

Screen Shot 2012-09-23 at 23.07.27.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-09-23 at 23.03.55.jpg

It wouldn't be a Tachi picture without Panchira.

Sadly it's not Tera Online quality for upskirts, but it still has potential.

Oh the guys from work are changing server to Gandara as the cute redhead from work is on there for her mates, so I will be jumping to that server as well.

Played this last night through the TV with the PS3 pad (had to set it to 720p limited to 30fps to get decent graphics and not fry my laptop with the lid closed) and it worked brilliantly. Still playing with the controller mapping to get it working better, and naturally I can't text chat with people, so need to figure out how to keybind an on-screen keyboard.

I jumped back on this last night as Steam was being funny, and I still absolutely love it. What I love the most though is that there's no 'omfg I'm paying x amount a month for this - must play!!' guilt, so I can just dip in and out of this lovely world. *fnar*

I love the way that weapons aren't just stat sticks, but change how you play. Even though I'm a caster, I can use a small staff and a cowbell and speed-cast spells, I can have a 2H staff and do AOE damage, use a short sword and be a magic melee class or use a honking great 2H broadsword and fire beams of lightning out of it.

I can honestly say, other than lower performance than the PC version due to Cider, I have not had a single "beta problem" mate.

Me and a few guys from work did the first lvl30 story mode dungeon last night and it was fucking hard as hell, even the trash mobs can easily wipe a group. Unlike in WoW, each mob has serious health and can take a lot of damage before it goes down. With the lack of dedicated healer/tank/dps roles in this game it makes for a much more technical operation, which is both fun and ball breakingly hard when a clothie like me gets selected by a mob or boss. You really have to know your class to be able to survive.

Free to play this weekend...

Let's get on it. I think this is to steal thunder from The Old Republic going Free....

I'm all over this as let's face it TOR will be free FOREVER!

EDIT: It seems I need an invite someone sort this out for me :)

Each user gets 3 invites, so if anyone else wants one, with me a shout.