Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
El_Patriot

Resident Evil 6

Just played the demo. I have now cancelled my pre order. So many issues.

1-The camera is awful, swinging around like crazy.

2-the cover system is awful and doesn't work.

3-melee combat is awful, slow and inaccurate made worse by the camera.

4-character movement is awful, they move far too quickly

5-the controls are awful, making all of the above more difficult.

Okay, I'm being hyper critical but it feels like a shit low budget Gears clone. I will pick this up at some point but only when it is under £20.

It looks like arse, I was trying to kick a zombie and my leg disappeared into a wall.

I had no interest and even less now.

Guest clairebear

Well I fudging loved it. I was kicking arse as Leon, stomping those zombie gits all the way to France. It seems so much better than 5.

You guys don't know what you're talking about. Mind you I was pretty mangled when I sued it. Il give it another bash tomorrow when I'm not so mangled. But I liked it.

Guest Sly Reflex

Leon's part isn't bad, but it's not great. The other parts are absolutely terrible. Capcom has lost the plot.

Guest clairebear

Yeah well I'm best buddies with Mat Hart head developer of Capcom on twitter so I'm thing on you all and il get him to kick your butt. Lives ya xxxx

Guest clairebear

Ignore that. Major pissed out my head when that was written but I do tweet mat hart.......

Everywhere I've read about this, it's getting a severe kicking. I was hoping for a return to form, but alas no. I'm not even going to pick this up from a bargain bin.

To be fair, after RE5, I wouldn't buy it as part of the collection if its subtitle was 'UnirallyThunderforce' and it came with a free handjob.

'UnirallyThunderforce'

When i have my nervous breakdown, that's what I'm changing my name to.

On topic: It got 39/40 in Famitsu and a high score in an official playstation mag. What do we think: terrible demo, or terrible games journalism?

Guest Sly Reflex

When i have my nervous breakdown, that's what I'm changing my name to.

On topic: It got 39/40 in Famitsu and a high score in an official playstation mag. What do we think: terrible demo, or terrible games journalism?

Lets see what some of the more scathing mags can come up with.

It's slightly less awful if you fiddle with the camera and aim speed settings. Still waiting for the bargain bin version though. Maybe I'll dig out RE4 in the mean time.

Resi 4 still holds up as one of my favorite games, yes it was more action based than the previous games but it still kept that horror feel that was completely lost with 5 and it seems lost with 6 as well.

Finally started the actual game, and it actually isn't too awful. I've finished the Leon campaign and it was quite enjoyable as an action game. It's not scary at all though.

Since launch they have patched it quite a bit so you can now alter camera position which helps quite a bit. Worth picking up, but I wouldn't "buy it at a high price." Will report back after I try the other campaigns.