Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tachikoma

The Last Guardian Canned?

http://www.techdigest.tv/2012/08/has_long_awaite.html

Few games during this console generation have been as hotly anticipated or talked about than Team ICO's The Last Guardian. From the developers of Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus, two of the PS2's most well-loved titles, The Last Guardian was set to be an ambitious project following a young boy who befriends a gigantic, dog-like monster. However, after a fraught development cycle, there's now suggestion that long-awaited game may now have been cancelled altogether.

According to Trademarkia, "on Monday, August 6, 2012, status on the The Last Guardian trademark changed to Abandoned - No Statement of Use Filed." Does this suggest that Sony have given up on The Last Guardian? No trademark update would certainly make publishing the game a difficulty, unless significant changes to the game (most notably a name change) are under way.

Things certainly haven't been easy for the development of The Last Guardian. Originally revealed back in 2009, it's seen repeated release dates pushed back, from winter 2011 to the limbo it now sits in.

This was followed by high-profile departures from senior executives for the game. Executive producer Yoshifusa Hayama left Sony and was soon followed by creator Fumito Ueda. Though Ueda has said he is "committed to completing" the game in a freelance role, it now seems as though higher powers are pulling the plug on the project.

We sincerely hope not. Team ICO's games are shining beacons in a sea of cookie-cutter game ideas. The Last Guardian looked to push their reputation to even more stratospheric heights.

Via: PlayStation LifeStyle

I will be reet pissed off if this is true...

I'd kinda prefer it if they ditched it to releasing something shit to be honest. Ico and SotC are two of my favourite all time games so to have something shit come out next to them would be a massive disappointment

Guest FolkoRoco

Ear marked as a PS4 launch release under a new name I suspect. The development costs for this must have already been astronomical if you watch any of the making of documentaries. I can't imagine Sony letting it slide, into the abyss.

Guest TwinHype

no way Sony would let this go down the pan. They do many things purely for creative reasons and they'd be mad to give up on this as it's still the reason why many people bought a PS3 in the first place.

I'd love to know exactly what went on with this game. The internet is so full of rumour and heresay, but undoubtedly something has gone horribly wrong.

To be honest, I think the boat has long sailed on this one and the only thing that could save it is if it was re-worked into a PS4 launch title. If it's great, Sony can willy wave and hype it to hell, and if it is (probably) shite, everyone will buy it anyway because people buy any old pish at a console launch and the first few afterglowy months post.

Japan's answer to Duke Nukem Forever.

It's alive! And released on Friday. Reviews are in and it looks good apart from frame rate issues. I just ordered it based on Eurogamer review that gave it essential. Its hovering around 8/10 everywhere.

I never played Ico or SotC as I never had a PlayStation so quite excited despite completely forgetting it existed and was out so soon.

It's alive! And released on Friday. Reviews are in and it looks good apart from frame rate issues. I just ordered it based on Eurogamer review that gave it essential. Its hovering around 8/10 everywhere.

I never played Ico or SotC as I never had a PlayStation so quite excited despite completely forgetting it existed and was out so soon.

^^ This needs to change. Do you know anyone that has a PS3 you could borrow? I'd happily lend you my copy of the HD collection. Ico is dripping in atmosphere and quite Zelda like(lite) in places. SOTC is an emotional roller coaster and each Colossi is a puzzle.

The other option is sign up for a months free PS Now, they're both on there. Not the ideal way to play but at least you'd get to experience them.

I was always going to get it no matter what. However the review scores make me happy. This is my weekends gaming sorted.

Unless it's for a crumpled tenner and a pocket full of change, I can't afford it, hell I am only eating two meals a day just to be able to afford shit for the kids for xmas.

Patriot, you can borrow my ps3 bud.

I said guts. I meant guys, but guts could be a fun alternative in every day conversation.

Not sure I'm particularly fussed by frame rate having grown up playing N64 games. I'll see how I get on with TLG then might take you up on that lend after Christmas.

Edited by El_Patriot

FUCK AMAZON :(

I wanted this to be the first game on my Pro which arrived and I'm currently restoring.

It went to the wrong sorting office. Not today then :A057:

Got mine from Game. Slightly frustrating controls and camera, but it's beautiful (I've got it running in HDR) and plays well.

If anyone spots a good ps4 pro deal I might have to get one. Really want to see this in 4k.

Mine arrived today \o/ and I got 2 months free Prime when I complained WIN!

I managed to get 40 minutes on it and already I love it. Trico :wub:

I agree with the camera I'm trying to find the sweet spot with that at the moment. It controls very similar to Ico and SOTC so I knew what to expect there.

Hoping to get some time with it tomorrow but Xmas shopping and tree decorating might put a stop to that.