Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Mass Effect 3

Guest marthagogo

my desire for this game is seriously on the wane. this whole multiplayer for best ending thing is really sounding a bit shit.

what are the facts people?

You know the military strength thing? Basically the galactic readiness is a modifier of that. So if your readiness is 50% and you have 5000 military strength, the effective military strength is 2500.

To get the best ending, you need

effective military strength. Which is damn near impossible without at least a little multiplayer. As for the difference it makes, it's only one small change from the ending I got and is pretty meaningless when you consider the whole.

Edited by Duffman

Assuming you survive an entire round it ups your percentage by 5% to 10% depending on the mission. Doesn't take ages.

Guest FolkoRoco

Would play this if ME 1 was on PS3 but its not so I wont. That is all.

Finished this last night and really enjoyed it. Ending is vague but *gasp* you might be able to think about it yourself and come up with your own thoughts.

Guest marthagogo

The ending/s seem to be causing annoyance on all sides!

In fairness, it seems to be a bit of a curse this gen for games to find decent resolutions regardless of whether they are the final part of a series or just a stand alone.

I think its because you can wrap a player up so much in the story and experience of playing that it's more likely the ending will disappoint.

Guest marthagogo

That seems to be the common consensus on this and mfgamers.

I think maybe too many people are expecting full explanations to be dished out these days, i blame Hollywood.

If i decide to play this im just going to aim for whichever ending lets my shepard live and have her civil ceremony.

Guest marthagogo

Is it ironic that you have just reiterated what i said in a spoonfeeding manner?

I thought the ending was fine, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

The ending doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, particularly the

motivation of the reapers/catalyst

, and it's a bit dumb that there's 3 endings and none of them are really any different and end with no closure whatsoever

and the remaining crew of the Normady essentially completely fucked

. It works a bit better if you think of the whole game as an ending but whilst having 3 buttons for 3 endings might have worked ok in Deus Ex HR, it's a bit weird to have it in this and basically make all your decisions count for nothing throughout the whole series because you cannot

stop the citadel and relays from blowing up, all your squad mates being stranded, etc etc

Also not being able to get the best ending without playing MP is bullshit.

The internet reaction has been blown way out of porportion mind. It's bad unsatisfactory ending but I'll get over it.

Edited by Duffman

was that Kahlee Sanders @ Grissom Academy? coz I loved that bit, always wondered what she looked like and I was happy :)

also I love this game although the premise of everyone on Earth and in the galaxy is being wiped out whilst I fuck about scanning stuff and running errands for people I've eavesdropped on at the citadel don't quite fit together. Especially when someone tells me what a great job I'm doing whilst I'm litteraly trying to bang every girl on my ship.

Yes it was :)

Also it sounds like we're playing the game exactly the same, I ended up going for the Blue bird again.

As for the ending, I didn't mind it. Although the whole last mission before

you head up the light beam

was wank.

I think whoever survived on the Normandy went on to create a new race.

I didn't want to play all the Multiplayer, but I am pissed off that you had to for the best ending. Does the fact that I have sunk 120+ hours into your 3 games not count for anything? Apparently not, you just don't want me trading the game in do you. Cunts.

Still missed the planet scanning. Great game overall, and I'll give it another run through eventually.

Having issues posting from phone but I just watched this and it actually sums it up really well.

I didn't even notice some of it when I played, apart from the squadmate ending up where they did bit.

I think the problem people have with the endings is just that it would have been impossible to cater to the decisions everyone had made in all 3 games and bring closure to all of that in a satisfactory way.

The video is obviously biased, but they do raise a few good points about it - but no more than 90% of other game endings or movie endings fall short.

I recall being somewhat confused by the events on the Citadel leading up to the final choice, but having made that choice, I liked the ending I got.

I think the problem people have with the endings is just that it would have been impossible to cater to the decisions everyone had made in all 3 games and bring closure to all of that in a satisfactory way.

The video is obviously biased, but they do raise a few good points about it - but no more than 90% of other game endings or movie endings fall short.

I recall being somewhat confused by the events on the Citadel leading up to the final choice, but having made that choice, I liked the ending I got.

All they had to do was have an ending that made a reasonable amount of sense, and was fairly happy. They could do a little slideshow like in Fallout New Vegas for all the little extra stuff.

Guest TwinHype

the ending was really awful :( left me pretty down on the story.

Edited by TwinHype

Finished it tonight - I loved it, thought the story ending was fine although it would have been nice to have been able to talk with the kid a bit more.

I missed planet scanning, hell, I even liked mining for that shit from ME1 (the vehicle comparison discussion in the shuttle bay made me LOL). There were a few plot holes, if it always ends in chaos and organic and synthetic will just kill each other... your plan is to solve it by killing everything living? What sort of plan is that?

One thing I love, killing reapers, the noise they make is awesome and they are a fucker to take down - particularly like the bit where you paint the reaper for arial bombing, it reacted perfectly to a pounding.