Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Mass Effect 3

Oh Wow!

This looks awesome, sounds great and plays better.

I was a bit worried as the demo starts with the opening of the game and it was all tutorial, then the ME3 logo appeared and I was :( then it starts another section from later in the game.

If you liked ME2 then it's more of the same but slightly better looking (unless you played the PS3 version) in which case it looks the same. I really can't wait to spend the 1st few weeks of my married life playing this.

Not sure the wife to be will feel the same :)

Guest TwinHype

I'm not touching the demo as this is my most wanted game. Can't wait to F the Reapers in the A like a Eastern European cleaner, only with more death to Reapers etc.

I played the first section and then stopped when it said it was jumping to later in the game.

This isn't really a spoiler as it's been in the ads but...

Considering how big and advanced the reapers are, I'd have thought they'd have had some better weapons than a big laser beam, it'll take them ages to eradicate all life - if it were me I'd just glass the planet and move on to the next. In the demo the reaper doesn't seem to be in much of a hurry to destroy the everyone, but perhaps that's just how they roll

This guy is AMAZING, I love how he keeps sucking on his soda after he gets over excited as if it's some kind of life support.

Contains ME2 spoilers and some basic ones from the recently announced ME3 DLC.

The sound design struck me the most, it was fucking spectacular in places. On the other hand I thought the dialogue was very stilted and hammy which is a shame. Gunplay is good and feels really fluid. I hope on the full version you'll be able to pull the camera back a bit as the FOV make me feel like I'm constantly zoomed in or something. Especially when I've been playing tribes at FOV 120.

I hope to God it's actually got a story this time, I really do. ME2 had no overarching story beyond 'get a crew, go through the relay, win'. It was nice to look at everyone else's backstory etc, but if this ends up being along a similar line where you have to go to each race's homeworld and convince them to help you deal I'll be very disappointed.

Playing early thanks to the wonders of proxies. Actually really good so far, much better than the crappy opening mission from the demo. Probably better than ME2, even.

Apparently, ME3 can't touch my save games because I moved it from my UK HDD to the Cloud so I could play it on my new 360. It has to be on the original HDD to recognise it and that'll only work with me old Xbox in Scotland. :(

Guest marthagogo

i still dont get this, ive not used the cloud thing but why cant you upload to cloud, recover gamer profile to another xbox then bring save back from cloud?

surely it should be tied to the profile & not the machine?

pretty stupid oversight but understandable.

has it been confirmed if the same rules apply to formatted usb drives?

So this turned up just now YAY! but Shopto aren't putting the DLC codes up until this evening BOO! I'll play I am Alive until then :)

Guest Tomahawk Rob

Apparently, ME3 can't touch my save games because I moved it from my UK HDD to the Cloud so I could play it on my new 360. It has to be on the original HDD to recognise it and that'll only work with me old Xbox in Scotland. :(

When I started ME2 I was a bit confused as to why I had options for importing three different Shepards despite only having one actual "completed game" save for ME1 on the harddrive, so I looked it up on the ME wiki... it would seem that each time you "completed" ME1 the console would store some hidden data on the drive about the choices your Shepard had made. After finishing ME1 I'd gone back and reloaded a previous save a couple of times, just to see what impact the other choices had...

I'm guessing that there's a similar thing for importing from ME2 into ME3.

Link

Edited by Tomahawk Rob

Guest TwinHype

I think this may be at home which means KOA:TR needs to get the fuck out of my Xbox!!!!

When I started ME2 I was a bit confused as to why I had options for importing three different Shepards despite only having one actual "completed game" save for ME1 on the harddrive, so I looked it up on the ME wiki... it would seem that each time you "completed" ME1 the console would store some hidden data on the drive about the choices your Shepard had made. After finishing ME1 I'd gone back and reloaded a previous save a couple of times, just to see what impact the other choices had...

Yeah i did a boo boo with me1 cos i started a new game and overwrote my original save. I was expecting it to fuck up for me2 but when i loaded it up there was my completed game there so I was pretty happy.

This game fucking rocks.

EDIT: obviously!

Chobot! How and why the fuck?

I'm not feeling it after two hours or so; it feels too linear and hurried, and more like Gears of Mass Effect than ever, but then I said the same with ME2 and that turned all kind of awesome.

Also, the PC version is so fucking lazy. No controller support, no graphics options to speak of and low resolution assets even in 1080p.

I'm not feeling it after two hours or so; it feels too linear and hurried, and more like Gears of Mass Effect than ever, but then I said the same with ME2 and that turned all kind of awesome.

Also, the PC version is so fucking lazy. No controller support, no graphics options to speak of and low resolution assets even in 1080p.

It starts badly and gets a lot better, IMO. I'm really enjoying it and there's a lot more RPG-y stuff than in ME2.

I love this series and am enjoying the hell out of it so far.

Edited by Shufty

11 hours in now and it's still great I've just visited a location and met a character from the Mass Effect books(yes I've read some of them!) that was quite an awesome mission too.

I have few complaints, it is more of the same though slightly veiled. You go on a mission and there just happens to be someone to recruit to the cause there!

I miss the planet scanning too(it was oddly therapeutic)

I had a quick look at the MP too. It was a bit like Horde with added objectives. Ok I suppose but it won't be getting much time from me.

Overall fucking awesome and I shall be putting in many more hours to save Earth :)

Finished. 99% of the game was awesome, 1% was really retarded. That being the ending. FFS BIOWARE.

Guest Splagbot

Finished. 99% of the game was awesome, 1% was really retarded. That being the ending. FFS BIOWARE.

Agreed, the ending did kind of suck.

I did have a few other problems with the game though, these being as follows.

1. Team AI, there were times when my squad would totally go missing, I'd be crouched behind some cover having a close range firefight with some villains and then all of a sudden I get gunned down by an automated turret some engineer had the required time to set up about a foot behind me. Not to mention the difficulties in managing to get your squad into cover.
  2. Cutscenes, there were occasions in a cutscene were Shepard would be stood there chatting with thin air, I remember this being a problem in ME2 as well. They have not fixed it.
  3. War readiness rating, maybe I was just being unperceptive here but it wasn't particularly clear how I was meant to increase this from the 50% it started on (and stayed on for the whole of my game). When I found out eventually that this was because it's mainly affected by multiplayer I was not amused, I'm not big on multiplayer and this shouldn't have a bearing on the campaign I feel.
  4. The ME2 importer, having a recreate my Shepard's face was not an ideal start to my ME3 experience.

That was it really. Overall the game was value for money, the story was good and it was an emotional ride, seeing the trilogy come to an end was saddening. ME3 for me was noticeably darker than the previous two and seeing the effect the pressure of the situation was having on Shepard just made me want to push on to the end of the game even more (it's unusual for me to complete a ME game so quickly) and see exactly the end result, which as stated above could have been handled better.

Guest TwinHype

11 hours in now and it's still great I've just visited a location and met a character from the Mass Effect book

was that Kahlee Sanders @ Grissom Academy? coz I loved that bit, always wondered what she looked like and I was happy :)

also I love this game although the premise of everyone on Earth and in the galaxy is being wiped out whilst I fuck about scanning stuff and running errands for people I've eavesdropped on at the citadel don't quite fit together. Especially when someone tells me what a great job I'm doing whilst I'm litteraly trying to bang every girl on my ship.