Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
marthagogo

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine.

so this is probalby a thread just for myself (probably with very sporadic input by bummers & maybe a few insults) but...

played for literally 60 seconds this morning:

very attractive & typically cheap intor typical of warhammer.

not studied the controls but nicely visceral to start off with.

there are 40 servoskulls to collect! bollocks.

Theyre not too bad to find though. The levels can get a bit boring, so if you feel yourself getting a bit bored, trust in that the last third of the game is epic!

There's nothing like a jumppack/thunder hammer combo to make you feel epic! Experiment with the weapons, the only one I found to be useless was the storm bolter. Not that is was rubbish it just uses up one of your 2 changable weapon slots and I liked to have a long range weapon and melta gun (super powerful) in those slots.

this is brilliant. just the game i wanted.

i also love how captain titus is basically a cross between sam neill and my dad in power armour! love hearing all the english accents too, makes it sound so nasty.

forgetr the demo (which i didnt play). its brilliant fun.

the melee, although limited is more than your typical "1 type of hit! affair and you jujst kill loads and loads of stuff.

its also ridiculously tricky in parts. im currently stuck in the titan factory getting wasted by some big bondage ork.

I love charging in, headfirst with your bolter blazing and then recharging your health at the last second through melee just as the metal meets the meat!

Such a good game that could of been incredible. A sequel is definatly one to watch.

bondage ork wasnt so tough, my failing tactic was to sae him till last but with a few minions to recharge health but i discovered if you just ran straght at him & used the "rage" power thingy on him. worked a treat. it can still be quite unforgiving, you dont get health back till the "fatalitiy" is complete and can still lose it whilst its going on.

still, such a sweet game, just discovered i can carry both a ranged bolter and multimelta! death from near & far.

similarities between this game and others:

Your character walks slowly when having radio conversations, a la gears.

start of part 3 - drops you off after an aircraft crash on the end of broken bridge with a ton of enemies a la halo: reach where you also crash on the edge of a... well its a cliff in reach but you know what i mean.

still, its just brilliant, everyone should play it.

think some of the level 8 servo skulls are glitched though but will replay later.

similarities between this game and others: Your character walks slowly when having radio conversations, a la gears. start of part 3 - drops you off after an aircraft crash on the end of broken bridge with a ton of enemies a la halo: reach where you also crash on the edge of a... well its a cliff in reach but you know what i mean. still, its just brilliant, everyone should play it. think some of the level 8 servo skulls are glitched though but will replay later.

Similarities end where you can get games online with friends for Gears and Halo. BURN!

another bit of a halo copy (did they do it 1st?): its now chaos vs orks (a la covenant vs flood) with me killing both but i find myself doing that halo tactic of sniping both sides from afar whilst they hammer each other.

cant make out what chapter of chaos marines they are yet.

ive said it before & ill say it again, if ginj will play duke nukem forever then surely some of you can give this a blast. go on, you know you want to.

done & dusted witht he main quest & a quick bit of nipping back for the audio logs that somehow didnt show up 1st time.

excellent game with a brilliant ending, final bosas fight is odd to say the least but still a great ending. sequel set up? oh yes.

captures the atmoshpere of 40k universe very well although sometimes your so busy wasting enemies you forget to stop & look at the vistas.

only a few bits of cheeky whoring to do then ill move on.

its a quick campaign, not sure if i could handle doing the hard mode though.

So I played a bit of this last night thanks to PS+ and the demo definitely doesn't do it justice. Once you get used to swapping between the melee and range attacks at the right time it becomes a ballet with a massive Space marine and Ork gore.

I quite like it now, I still have issues with it but I'm going to play it to completion. A solid game.

It keeps you entertained, I enjoyed the multi too. About the only multi I've played this year.

It's begging for a sequel though. This one felt like a gameplay trial, if they can build up the rest of the game around it then they'll have a winner.

Edited by Somerset_Bumkin

I replayed this game this year. Still very visceral and heavy. Really enjoyed the mechanics. It’s very brown but recommended if you haven’t played it. 

Yeah, I picked it up really cheap not long after it came out and had a good time with it, despite not having any real interest in the source material. It's just a big dumb fun action game starring marthagogo's dad in power armour.