Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jusatsushi

Star Wars: The Old Republic.

http://kotaku.com/5869308/should-you-buy-star-wars-the-old-republic-yes

Those impressions totally match my own. It really does feel like a massive BioWare RPG with loads of different stories and other people running around. Not a bad thing at all, but not sure it'll keep subs in their millions for years on end.

ttp://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/03/13/swtor-free-weekend-pass-coming-march-15

Anyone can play for free this weekend.

Just a heads up - this went F2P yesterday, and honestly deserves some time as it really is a decent game if you think of it as a BioWare RPG with loads of story arcs and some MMO suff thrown in. Download it, play through the story missions and stuff. It's freee!!!!

Yeah that's just stupid. However, all it takes to sprint is to have previously bought the game, subbed or made a single microtransaction, so buy the cheapest thing going and sprint away. You will still be getting a really polished game for like, a quid.

In that case no probs as I subscribed last year :)

Will get on this after the free weekend on Guild Wars.(Jimbo and I are playing that tonight if you're about) What server on TOR?

I don't even play TOR any more, but I might re-install now it's free.

I would fucking LOVE to play GW with you too two battymen tonight, but I've been full of man-flu and away in hotels all week, so kinda have to spend some quality time with the lady and watch Batman films. Will you be about tomorrow?

I don't even play TOR any more, but I might re-install now it's free.

I would fucking LOVE to play GW with you too two battymen tonight, but I've been full of man-flu and away in hotels all week, so kinda have to spend some quality time with the lady and watch Batman films. Will you be about tomorrow?

I'll be on for a few hours late morning/early afternoon as the Mrs is out Xmas shopping with her Sister.

TOR is a fucking massive download!!! I played an hour or so this evening to reacquaint myself with it. Levelled up, got my companion and went on a heroic raid in the sewers on Hutta. I think I just have one more mission to do there and then I can start seeing some other planets. You can see the restrictions in place but I think I'm going to quite enjoy playing it. It's amazing to play the game without massive frame rate issues and low settings :) Have I mentioned my new PC rocks!

Have you tried Cunt Solo? Cunt Skywalker?

I played this a bit last night after Guild Wars 2. I think I may become addicted to this too.....

I downloaded, it, installed it then found out my ageing pc won't run it, think I may put a graphics card on my xmas list. never played a mmo before, a star wars one may be the one to take my mmo cherry...

Hmmmm! I replayed some more of this after a lot more time was put into Guild Wars 2 and I've realised this just isn't as much fun.

Pick up Guild Wars 2 for £28 and come and play that with us. It's a much better idea.

Yup. I have re-uninstalled it. Lets face it, this game is dead.

I'm downloading Planetside 2 just now, I played the 1st and it was a game of epic proportions!

Huge battles, 100 of foes and friends at the same time.

I've played three mmo's this year - TOR, Tera and GW2...

I actually think TOR is the one I have fondest memories of with hindsight and all that. Grouping in GW2 is a mess, and all the OCD stuff is too much to take in to be honest. Tera made a great first impression but ended up going nowhere and feeling too twee. Both GW and Tera had NO plot whatsoever. It was clear the entire way that the only progress was for progress sake.

At least TOR told a story and went somewhere. Not touched it since F2P though - maybe one day.

I've gone back to this for a few hours today and it's growing on me again. I definitely prefer GW2 but after my initial WTF does this do? and Why isn't this like GW2? I quite like it again. I'll be playing more and this will be my go to single player MMO.