Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jusatsushi

Star Wars: The Old Republic.

So I'm currently downloading the preorder early access client. Not sure when it's opening the doors, but it's soon...

Who is in? Be good to get on the same server etc...

List that shit here:

Also I haven't played any of the beta for this so if someone has tips/feedback or whatever that'd be good too.

Its pretty good. Very much like WoW far more story based though along with dark and light side choices. part of me wants to buy it but part of me thinks its to much of a money and time commitment.

I'm of the same mindset, looks awesome, and I'm gagging to play it, but can't justify the cost, especially as I would have to buy Windows 7 to dual boot as there's no Mac client (yet?)

I have pre-ordered. We going to roll lightside, or darkside?

I already have a character(can't remember the server since I deleted the install!) I was a bounty hunter on the darkside and looked a bit like Darth Maul. Except I had a quif(sp!)

I'll hopefully have my new PC by the end of next week so will be up and running next weekend :)

I played as a sith inquisitor or whatever they were called. I enjoyed the dark side. If i do end up getting it id probably have a character on each side.

Ginj, what PC did you go for in the end?

The one you recommended...... With a few tweaks, I went for the SSD and an additional HDD, and I upped the RAM.

I haven't ordered it yet, I'm waiting until payday next Tuesday.

Sweet!! And just in time for the inevitable Steam Christmas sale. You'll have a library of hundreds in no time.

My copy hasn't arrived yet, but will be a Bounty Hunter as my mate has been bugging me for years to play MMOs with him so it would be rude not to hook up with him. If I see you I'll kill you ;)

I am a light side trooper called Tralek. I tried entering your name Gareth, but it wasn't recognised.

Got the game assuming I would be able to play the thing but alas I can not play until my sub goes live on the 20th.

Highly frustrating.

I think the whole adding friends thing is bugged. In fact this is a very janky launch if I'm honest. It's fun as hell though and probably not helped by being so popular. I'm not sure even the mighty WoW was this busy straight off the bat.

Might have to arrange a time and place to meet the old fashioned way Jim.

I think there are different instances within the same servers - kind of like Phantasy Star on 360 did. Makes it fucking awkward.

I'm in Coruscant now, I'll head to the Cantina right away chief.

Played far too much of this over the weekend. It's good, but I've a feeling I'll rinse the free month and quit like I did with Rift. I also forgot how annoying having other people in my game can be! My last group were fucking idiots.

I've rolled a Smuggler on Ludo Kressh. His name escapes me at the moment as it was early in the morning when I created him.

I'll add it in later on tonight.

I love PC games for their plug n playness......

Not forgetting that after nearly 2 hours of installing and updates you get environment currently unavailable for play. Good good times.

LOL

I was looking forward to getting on this when I order my new PC (next month) but not so sure I can be arsed to fanny about with it.

LOL

I was looking forward to getting on this when I order my new PC (next month) but not so sure I can be arsed to fanny about with it.

Well I actually got it working. The environment wasn't available because I hadn't set up a way to pay my subscirption. I had to work this out for myself since it didn't tell me when I was logging on....

Even though I have 1 month included, and they could send me a reminder that I need to set one up to continue. Anyway I'm away and I'm a Bounty Hunter on Luka Sene server.

I like it so far, but I will have to get a DVI to VGA cable as I'm getting eye strain playing on a laptop and that is my only complaint.