Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Idaho

another poc building thread

Guest SlyEnemy

Did you then turn it off and play Spelunky?

Hahaha.

Yes.

It's been dispatched, yay for arriving late so I can't play with it before I go to London for 3 nights. Hopefully it will arrive intact so I can install it on Saturday.

Home and got the pc plugged in and installing Tera. It's fucking loud as soon as you do anything with it, which I'm posted off about as got a watercolour to keep the noise down. Got a code for batman which was good so will sort out sending the code tomorrow.

I know what that was meant to say, but that was very entertaining to read!

LIKE?^^

Got a code for batman which was good so will sort out sending the code tomorrow.

Like more...!

Get me your paypal addy!

Ash, dial the GPU fans down using something like MSI Afterburner. Knowing Nvidia 7 series cards they probably go straight to 60% regardless of temperature - if you are watercooled they probably only need to run at 40% max and that will be much quieter.

Had exactly the same issue with my new card - as soon as I powered on the machine it was like it was trying to take off.

I found the problem, installed some temp monitor and the first two cpu cores were at 120c and 99c with only 4% load. Ripped the case off and found they hadn't plugged in the water cooler pump. Fixed it and it's quiet now, just hoping the cpu hasn't been damaged as 120c is well outside the tolerance.

Had a thought, seeing as I owe jusat a tenner and ginj owes me a tenner, how about ginj just gives the money to jusat and we are all square?

Guest SlyEnemy

My PC died after just 5 months. Went to switch it on and nothing. Thankfully under 2 year warranty so it goes back Monday, think the PSU has zonked.

Had a thought, seeing as I owe jusat a tenner and ginj owes me a tenner, how about ginj just gives the money to jusat and we are all square?

I have no problem with this. Jusat? Want to PM me your paypal?

Will send you the code now.

My steam id is:

Psn_tachikoma_kun

If anyone wants to add me, don't know if I will be aging the same games as anyone else though, will mostly be Tera and gw2 with some skyrim thrown in for good measure.

Fuck, this thing is a beast, nothing I throw at it even phases it, Witcher 2, Tera, 3DMark, everything is smooth as Stephen Fry dipped in melted butter.

Only crap thing is the wireless keyboard/trackpad I chose for it, it's too compact, lots of muscle memory to unlearn.

I remember on my first laptop about 15 years ago there was a little nubbin in the middle of the keyboard to control the mouse. I really liked that, you don't get it anymore.

Thanks to work suddenly giving me a £400 bonus I've got a new graphics card!

o/