811 replies to this topic

#801 Pedro

Pedro

MY FIGHT MONEY!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:13 AM

Thanks guys, not sure about the well done though- I need to get heavier now, but keep the speed up!

There's a couple of tourneys in a few weeks that l'm keeping the weight down for (why 76kg is considered heavyweight I have no clue), but after that bulking up for the august nationals. Needs to be muscle with purpose though :/

#802 Pedro

Pedro

MY FIGHT MONEY!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

So...

Tournaments went ok. Missed out on a podium place in the first tournament, but the second one I grabbed silver and gold for kumite (fighting) and kata (patterns). Now training for nationals about 6 days a week, going between 2-hour and 4-hour sessions.

I'm having trouble putting muscle back on now though, the weight is staying down (but at least so is my body fat). Any advice?

After tournament in August 16-17, traveling back to the uk on the 18th to do some karate related stuff. Still can't say yet, but believe me I'll tell you if it works out!

#803 El_Patriot

El_Patriot

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

Ultra heavy dead lifts? Probably useless, I've just been reading Arnie's autobiography.

#804 Sly Reflex

Sly Reflex

If this is Heaven, I'm gonna give Hell a quick once over!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

Commonwealth Games 2014  Too late for that, so Commonwealth 2018 or Olympics 2016?

EDITED for reasons explained above.

Edited by Sly Reflex, 09 July 2014 - 11:37 PM.

#805 Pedro

Pedro

MY FIGHT MONEY!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:17 AM

Haha, not quite. Karate lost the bid to be in the Olympics last year. It was a stupidly embarrassing campaign.

Deadlifts have a habit of ruining my back; my technique is shoddy and I don't want to pay for a trainer just to show me that exercise. :/

#806 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

Eat more :)

#807 Mystic

Mystic

Lick the Candy

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts
  • Interests:Beer and Sex ... though the former usually leads to lack of the latter!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

Add a 1000 calorie "credit" per day to your intake.

So for an average guy, up your intake to 3500 calories of CLEAN eating a day.

With lifting weights you should gain approx 2lb per week without getting a spare tyre.
Shinpad Shepard

#808 Mr Rich

Mr Rich

What do I do?

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,245 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

This will sound odd, but someone like you who just uses up their fuel regardless because you have very little body fat will probably not gain any weight by adding 1,000 calories of protein to your diet.  What you will need is a complex carb/protein intake to bulk you out.    Have some sausage and mash, that will sort you out.

"The only truths are; there is no such thing as a wank or bum baby." - Marthagogo

#809 Mystic

Mystic

Lick the Candy

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts
  • Interests:Beer and Sex ... though the former usually leads to lack of the latter!

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

You're right Rich. It needs to be an extra thousand+ calories of protein and carbs. Not just protein.

But it still needs to be clean. Chicken breast and sweet potato > sausage and mash, for example.
Shinpad Shepard

#810 Pedro

Pedro

MY FIGHT MONEY!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

Seeing as japan seems to be very shit when it comes to carb/protein balances, I'm thinking about the powder stuff. I eat nuts, chicken and rice most days, but most of my protein comes from natto and fish if I get to eat enough of it.

The portions here aren't big, and food is expensive :(

#811 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

Sylvester Stallone was so poor when bulking out for the original Rocky movie that he was eating a tub of ice cream every evening. True story.

#812 Mystic

Mystic

Lick the Candy

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

That's my kind of nutrition!
Shinpad Shepard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users