11 replies to this topic

#1 El_Patriot

El_Patriot

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:26 AM

Pretty much every major new release is out, so what are everyones games of the year? Im going to do 2 lists; games released this year, and older games Ive played. Maybe if I can be bothered Ill set up a poll containing everyones top choices.

2017 Releases:
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Zelda Breath of the Wild
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. Destiny 2
5. Uncharted Lost Legacy

Old Games:
1. Doom (I know the Switch version is this year but still putting it here).
2.Last Guardian
3. The Order
4. God of War 2
5. Deus Ex MD

A brilliant first 9 months for the Switch, Ive played more on that since I bought it than anything else. A pretty good gaming year for me with more to come thanks to that fat guy with a beard (not me) potentially bringing more in a couple of weeks.

#2 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,065 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:48 AM

It's been an incredible year for games.

I'm torn completely. One minute I'm all Horizon ZD, the next I'm Breath of the Wild.

There's PUBG too. I've put 50 hours into that.

#3 Duffman

Duffman

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:02 PM

1. Prey

2. Divinity 2

3. Zelda

4. Resi 7

5. Xenoblade 2

Despite this being a great year it's been one of the easiest top 5's I've done in a while.

#4 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,674 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

1) Zelda

2) Destiny 2-Caveat only because of the clan fun with the Raid.

3) COD WWII

4) Uncharted Tornado Low Level

They're the only games from 2017 I have completed... If I had to put a 5th it would be Resi 7. Hoping to put some time into this next week when I'm off(and nobody else is in the house to hear me squeal like a little girl.

- it's a playground, but one where the slide jerks you off while the swings explode.

Posted Image

#5 Idaho

Idaho

cunt

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,228 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

Resi 7,destiny, prey. Really enjoying the first bit of Horizon. Just wish the kids would let me fucking play it!

#6 Smurph

Smurph

Sarge

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:23 AM

Im slow on most of the big games due to money, but I cant see past Nier: Automata. Its almost everything I ever wanted in a game and while 2017 has been a great year, Nier actually goes into my all time top ten. I mean, have you played it? It has Smurph writ large upon its beautiful chest. Here ya go Smurph my son, have tons of shmup bits in an already amazing adventure. Youre welcome. Love, Nier.

#7 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,065 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:30 AM

Yeah I had some technical issues with the pc version, but those aside I absolutely loved it's hot little face.

#8 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,674 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:45 AM

Im slow on most of the big games due to money, but I cant see past Nier: Automata. Its almost everything I ever wanted in a game and while 2017 has been a great year, Nier actually goes into my all time top ten. I mean, have you played it? It has Smurph writ large upon its beautiful chest. Here ya go Smurph my son, have tons of shmup bits in an already amazing adventure. Youre welcome. Love, Nier.

So we've had some difference of opinions recently, yours wrong, mine right ;) but I digress.

I started Nier yesterday and have finished the mission in the desert. This game is fucking amazing and fucking weird

Spoiler
the combat is excellent, the way you can switch between melee and your pod for ranged attacks. Some bits are full on shmup, some bits twin stick shooter. I love the fact that it keeps switching perspective.

The story so far has me guessing and from what I've heard I'm going to have to finish it twice at least to get the full story.  It doesn't look great and the map is a bit shit but it plays at a solid 60fps.

I think if I'd played this last year it would definitely have made my list. I've got an easy day at work so I'm intending to put a fair few more hours in today.

- it's a playground, but one where the slide jerks you off while the swings explode.

Posted Image

#9 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,065 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

The repeat playthroughs aren't what you are expecting.

#10 Shufty

Shufty

Xylophonic Buggerist

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

Yakuza 0 - introduced me to this series and now I've played them all (western releases) and cannot wait for Yakuza 6. Fucking love it.

Captain Birdseye was a paedophile. "Now son, do you want some of my special cod?"

#11 Smurph

Smurph

Sarge

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

So we've had some difference of opinions recently, yours wrong, mine right ;) but I digress.

I started Nier yesterday and have finished the mission in the desert. This game is fucking amazing and fucking weird

Spoiler
the combat is excellent, the way you can switch between melee and your pod for ranged attacks. Some bits are full on shmup, some bits twin stick shooter. I love the fact that it keeps switching perspective.

The story so far has me guessing and from what I've heard I'm going to have to finish it twice at least to get the full story.  It doesn't look great and the map is a bit shit but it plays at a solid 60fps.

I think if I'd played this last year it would definitely have made my list. I've got an easy day at work so I'm intending to put a fair few more hours in today.

Well at last! Im actually dead chuffed when people love that game, for some reason. Maybe the integration of the shmup bits.

Anyway, there isnt really a 2nd playthrough. Basically when it says its the end, it isnt at all. Youre not playing through it again, just playing on. Enjoy!

#12 Idaho

Idaho

cunt

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,228 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:27 AM

Very tempted by nier and I know fuck all about it other than people raving about it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users