80 replies to this topic

#21 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,808 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:30 AM

No will power and peer pressure. Ordered.

- it's a playground, but one where the slide jerks you off while the swings explode.

Posted Image

#22 Somerset_Bumkin

Somerset_Bumkin

It's all in the reflexes

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:35 AM

^^ This, I'll pick it up tommorrow :(
It's all in the reflexes.

#23 wholehole

wholehole

Will hench for food

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,101 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

Hahaha one of my mates did the same thing last night and caved after i'd been pestering him earlier in the week :D

You know you won't regret it once you're playing it... it's RESI!!

Cannot wait to start playing it later on!

I was wondering about the co-op last night, seeing as it's drop in-drop out. It's going to be a bit tough on spoilers etc. if you're dropping into a mates game and they're ahead of you or vice versa, could be a bit tough unless you really don't care about the story.
Posted Image

"Bullshit, Mister Han man! Man, you come right out of a comic book."

#24 marthagogo

marthagogo

Hullo.

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image

does this sexy costume temp anyone to buy it?

#25 AndyKurosaki

AndyKurosaki

ScoreWhore Extrordinaire

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • Interests:Computer games,anime,comics,learning Japanese,playing on Xbox Live.

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

Played the first couple of levels, so far so good. It doesn't really innovate much, it's pretty much Resi 4 HD, but that's no bad thing. One bit was rather obvious though...

Spoiler

Oh, and about Sheva. She's been quite useful so far. Although she has one major flaw. She only ever equips her pistol, even if you give her another weapon, she never equips it, and you can't make her do it either. The only way around it is to take her pistol off her, then she will change weapons. I can see doing this in the heat of battle, then giving her weapon back so she's not bare handed, being a pain in the arse.

Have A Banana!

#26 wholehole

wholehole

Will hench for food

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,101 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:11 PM

I did that in the demo, took her pistol so she was forced to use the SMG. Problem is that the silly bitch sprays rounds everywhere and stands there like an African Oliver-fucking-Twist asking for more. After that I just stuck her with the pistol and used her as a glorified mobile storage crate.

Just having the extra pistol backing you up whilst you do the heavy lifting seemed to work a treat, but whether that still holds true in the full game remains to be seen.
Posted Image

#27 Cherry_Death

Cherry_Death

Never talk to me during the Jackal

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

Im a bit unsold on this, going to not bother with it I think for the time being. The demo really put me off.

#28 Thwomp

Thwomp

Rude Adman

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:47 PM

It's a lot better than the demo would have you believe, but at the same time it's a step backwards from Resident Evil 4. I can't see myself keeping this long after I've finished it, purely because I can't see myself going back to it, no matter how much I'm currently enjoying it.

EDIT: And also it crashed while loading. gg capcom

Edited by Thwomp, 12 March 2009 - 03:48 PM.

#29 village

village

My Fight Money!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts
  • Interests:I'm not a rapist!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

Thwompy boy, what version you got?

#30 Thwomp

Thwomp

Rude Adman

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:07 PM

EcksBocks ThreeSixty

#31 Papa

Papa

Where's the beach?

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:19 AM

Married 6.2 (What?) male, seeks similar for Black Zombie rampage, and maybe more. Will travel.

#32 AndyKurosaki

AndyKurosaki

ScoreWhore Extrordinaire

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:58 PM

The demo was absolute shit, and came exceptionally close to putting me right off this. The full game though is pretty good, nothing original but still enjoyable. Playing it single player is harder than it should be though, due to Sheva spunking away ammo at an alarming rate.

Have A Banana!

#33 wholehole

wholehole

Will hench for food

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,101 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

The demo was absolute shit, and came exceptionally close to putting me right off this. The full game though is pretty good, nothing original but still enjoyable. Playing it single player is harder than it should be though, due to Sheva spunking away ammo at an alarming rate.

^^ This.

Love the game to bits, it's like Resi 4 never ended, but Sheva is a fucking liability in single player. She's proven time and again that she can't be trusted with anything, especially ammo and health items. I've relegated her to a glorified backpack now, with just a pistol to fight with while I use a machine gun as my primary weapon and keep a hold of all other weapons, herbs and FA sprays. I'll pass off weapons to her as needed but strictly limit her ammo so she doesn't do the aforementioned spunking of it. Because of this the game is sorely missing a proper 'split ammo' function so you can give or recieve an exact amount if you need to.

She's a damn good shot and useful to have for the most part but unless she has more options to configure her behaviour, I may as well just be leading around Rincewind's Luggage. At least she hasn't gotten herself into any stupid situations yet though, even if she's set to attack, she seems to be able to hold her own and avoid most danger pretty well, in cover mode she sticks like glue, so she's not all bad.

I think co-op is definitely the way to go with this. It's not a game-breaker but you'll be able to manage your resources and firepower more effectively if you do.
Posted Image

#34 AndyKurosaki

AndyKurosaki

ScoreWhore Extrordinaire

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:51 PM

Totally agree with the 'split ammo' point, it's ridiculous you can't do this. Where's the point in giving her an entire box of ammo, when you only want to say split it with her? Can't belive none of the play-testers thought of this. I thought i'd try her out with the Shock Stick, but the silly cow decided to use it exclusively, refusing to use anything else at all.

Spoiler

Have A Banana!

#35 kakarru

kakarru

Breaker of Mystics.

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

^^ This.

Love the game to bits, it's like Resi 4 never ended, but Sheva is a fucking liability in single player. She's proven time and again that she can't be trusted with anything, especially ammo and health items. I've relegated her to a glorified backpack now, with just a pistol to fight with while I use a machine gun as my primary weapon and keep a hold of all other weapons, herbs and FA sprays. I'll pass off weapons to her as needed but strictly limit her ammo so she doesn't do the aforementioned spunking of it. Because of this the game is sorely missing a proper 'split ammo' function so you can give or recieve an exact amount if you need to.

She's a damn good shot and useful to have for the most part but unless she has more options to configure her behaviour, I may as well just be leading around Rincewind's Luggage. At least she hasn't gotten herself into any stupid situations yet though, even if she's set to attack, she seems to be able to hold her own and avoid most danger pretty well, in cover mode she sticks like glue, so she's not all bad.

I think co-op is definitely the way to go with this. It's not a game-breaker but you'll be able to manage your resources and firepower more effectively if you do.

Thats an insult to rincewinds luggage. The luggage is far more usefull than her :P
QUOTE (SlyEnemy @ Mar 15 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank us by changing your God damn signature!

#36 TwinHype

TwinHype

Dreamcast > Everything

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts
  • Interests:G's up Ho's down

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:17 AM

This has been sitting on my shelf since last Friday and I have no urge to play it whatsoever, PS2/Wii taking my time :( it should pass though.

#37 redman

redman

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:03 PM

you might go back to that feeling after a little play. i kept trying to do a gears type roll away when confronted by a load of enemies... if they're going to do a actioner like this the controls need to be sorted. and sheva is really annoying...

#38 AndyKurosaki

AndyKurosaki

ScoreWhore Extrordinaire

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

Wait til it does a full on 'let's copy Gears' bit near the end, that section was pretty annoying, and totally unnecessary.

Have A Banana!

#39 Papa

Papa

Where's the beach?

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

Right, I really need a co-op buddy. If anyone has held off from buying the game, and is looking for someone to play with, just give me a shout.

#40 BattleMonkey

BattleMonkey

Cake-o-demon

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • Interests:Hong Kong action cinema, motorbikes, comics, games, creative thingies

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Delicious head explodies in Mercenaries! Yay, mercenaries is back, wheeeeee heeee!

I can't believe we've waited, what, 2 Years for this? And now it's over? I was really alarmed when GamesTM said it clocked in at around 10 hours when Resi 4 was 20 ish, but luckily it doesn't feel too short.

Makes me worry there's a growing trend for cutting back on the awesome deep solo adventures to focus more on multiplayer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users