#1 Al

Al

The future is tricklenet

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,342 posts
  • Interests:Games, music, books, boobies

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

I have a fresh new install with no character selected yet! who wants to play with me? Got the GOTY edition so have all DLC (i think)

#2 Sly Reflex

Sly Reflex

If this is Heaven, I'm gonna give Hell a quick once over!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,500 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

On?

#3 Al

Al

The future is tricklenet

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

working technically :D oh and I'm now level 2 with one of the DLC characters, the lady one.

I would go fresh with a level one but I won't take the siren this time.

#4 Sly Reflex

Sly Reflex

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,500 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

Which platform, you dick. :lol:

#5 Al

Al

The future is tricklenet

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

lolz, hooooooooooooooooow embarrassing!

PC!!!!!

#6 Sly Reflex

Sly Reflex

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,500 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

You want me to bring a Gunzerker along? It'll help with the bosses. Either that or Assassin, it really depends how good you are, the better you are the more DPS I can bring with the Assassin, If you're not so good then I'll be able to take the heat off you with the Gunzerker while still outputting a lot of damage.

#7 Al

Al

The future is tricklenet

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

How good can a level one be :D

Assassin looks a nice class, any tips for a good 1st run character? 

#8 Sly Reflex

Sly Reflex

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,500 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

From the top.

Gunzerker is ridiculous all the way through the game with several broken skills once he reaches max level.

Commando fairs alright up until the end game and then starts to struggle outside of a few very specific builds, he's a good turtling class if you're into that sort of play style.

Siren is the utility, I wouldn't consider her that great on her own, but in a team she's invaluable. Best sniper in the game.

Assassin starts of weak but gradually becomes a powerhouse of risk vs reward. If you fuck up you will die, but in between those deaths you'll wreck shop.

Mechromacer is a glass cannon that can break the game if you concentrate on the anarchy skills, she's very loot dependant though and you'll end up farming for a lot of weapons and other loot for end game stuff.

Psycho is like the anti assassin in that you don't have to think about anything, just wade in and smack shit up. Some stupidly OP stuff over in the left tree I forget the name of when you combine it with certain loot.

All classe are capable of running through 1st and 2nd playthroughs. 3rd playthrough becomes a lot harder for certain classes though because of the over reliance on slag.

#9 Al

Al

The future is tricklenet

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:27 AM

Damn that got frantic at times!

I don't know if I had BL1 set up wrong, but 2 is a much more friendly game for my laptop, even with all that hecticness going on it barely flinched!

Only thing I don't like as much is the items screen.

Since playing BL1 and now 2 I find it hard to go back to the 360, it looks horrible.

#10 Papa

Papa

Where's the beach?

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:32 AM

Let me know when you are next on and I'll play with you Al.

#11 Al

Al

The future is tricklenet

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:29 AM

most nights around 10pm tbh.

Need to find my Mic'd HS

#12 Sly Reflex

Sly Reflex

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,500 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

PC Borderlands is just too nice when you compare it to the console versions. I think they put a load of effort into BL2 on PC because the first one was criticized for being a bad console port.

I hope the pre-sequel they're doing turns out as nice as BL2. I was looking last night at the skill trees and it reminded me of how much junk they put in some of them, the only reason those skills exist is to pack out each tree so the good powers aren't overshadowed by the lesser ones.

#13 Al

Al

The future is tricklenet

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

Can you still reset the skill tree?, I'll have a proper look at it when I get 10 mins.

BL2 does feel and look a whole lot more optimized for the PC for sure.

#14 Sly Reflex

Sly Reflex

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,500 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

Yeah, you can reset it. In Sanctuary there's what looks like a photo booth. You can go and change your heads/colours there, or pay to refund your skill points.

#15 Duffman

Duffman

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

Not sure if I have a character at an appropriate level but I might join if I see you on.

#16 Al

Al

The future is tricklenet

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

Sly helped me to level 8 last night whilst only leveling once himself.

He also had to rescue my sorry ass once or twice :D

#17 Al

Al

The future is tricklenet

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

Gold Keys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, got some good loot but I am saving some for higher levels, I grabbed 8 via FB last night.

Did I mention how awesome this game is?

#18 Sly Reflex

Sly Reflex

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,500 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:33 AM

I caught up to you storywise I believe. I'm now back in Sanctuary after that bit you mentioned that we wont talk about here because spoilers. I'm still going to be underleveled, but that doesn't matter. I'm killing shit that's 2 levels above me anyway, it's not like there's going to be any fuss there.

I could do with some good hand me downs, if you've still got them. I do have some legendaries on one of my playthroughs I farmed (of which I'll show and explain to you if you're into that type of thing?) that are around level 20 or so. I forget, it was a long time since I did those runs. I'm struggling for good weapons in my 3rd and 4th slot, otherwise.

#19 Al

Al

The future is tricklenet

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

I'll check out my box of bits. I could do with farming some eridium so I can get my backpack or bank a bit bigger.

And I'm all for getting the most out of a game, I OCD'd the AC games ;)

#20 Sly Reflex

Sly Reflex

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,500 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about Eridium, you'll have so much of it by the end of the game/DLC's that it's just something else that you leave on the floor. The raid bosses need Eridium to access, but it's normally something paltry. One of the fuckers needs 100 though, although he's not someone you'll want to be fighting over and over as his loot pool is wank. The only unique drop this particular boss has is The CHOPPER, which is more of a novelty gun than anything else. You might have seen the gun in Borderlands if you managed to do everything in that game, it's one of the returning legacy guns. It was pretty shit then and it's pretty shit now.

The farming spot is coming up in the next area we'll be in. It's not a bad area this time, but you've overleveled for the drops. They still might be great for you depending on what you've found. It's a great area to farm when you're at level cap on the final playthrough, you're guaranteed an ancients relic (magenta rarity) and have a chance at legendary and pearl drops as well.

I had a look at the headhunter stuff and it appears that it caps itself on first playthrough, so it's not as if playing those will be hard if we do that. For a real challenge they have to be played on TVH. UVH can fuck off, unless it's absolutely necessary, it's just insanely difficult unless you have 4 people playing that all have very specific jobs. I don't know if you've ever played WoW or anything like that, but think of UVH as an instance where everything takes fucking forever to kill, even the most mundane enemies have HP bars longer than your average chat with a lonely OAP.

I found my mic since those last sessions, so you can hear me , the tv, the cats, the phone ringing and all the other sounds that annoy the fuck out of people when you're playing online. At least you'll be able to talk and play though instead of staccato play of having to stop every time you wanted to say something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users