52 replies to this topic

#41 Duffman

Duffman

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:36 PM

The trick to Lynels is to bait out their close range sword combos and their all fours charge at you, those are easiest to dodge with a flurry rush.

That said I wouldn't worry about not being able to take them early on, the game pretty much tells you in Zora's Domain that you shouldn't try to kill it.

#42 Duffman

Duffman

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:37 PM

By level 3 clothes do you mean you've found 3 Great Faries already? If so it sounds like you need to do some shrines to get some more stamina and hearts soonish.

#43 RetroBob

RetroBob

16-Bit

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, gym, films, good food, going out, staying in!

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

By level 3 clothes do you mean you've found 3 Great Faries already? If so it sounds like you need to do some shrines to get some more stamina and hearts soonish.

Got given level three top from the Zora dude plus I bought some trousers and a helmet.

Edit: scratch this I've done him in! Wasn't that hard.

Any tips for the
Spoiler

XBL: RetroBob

Wii U: RetroBob

PSN: RetroBobUK

3DS: 0232 8156 8633

#44 El_Patriot

El_Patriot

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:34 PM

Electric arrows in the water iirc.

#45 Duffman

Duffman

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

Got given level three top from the Zora dude plus I bought some trousers and a helmet.

Edit: scratch this I've done him in! Wasn't that hard.

Any tips for the

Spoiler

Didn't realise he gave you levelled gear? That's like near endgame stuff? To me levelled gear means stuff you've upgraded so it has little stars by it and more protection. I thought all gear comes in un-upgraded.

Unless I'm a little confused by what you mean with levelled gear? Don't you just get the plain Zora stuff off him? Unless I'm forgetting - what top is it and how much defense does it have?

For that boss I recommend just keeping your distance and shield up and doing hit and run attacks until phase 2. For phase 2 he doesn't like headshots while he's hanging, and not 100% sure but I think you can use the ice power to stop his projectiles? And yeah he hates electricity.

#46 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:19 AM

This is finished now on the Cemu emulator if anyone is interested. Was playing for 2 hours last night at 1440p 60fps.

#47 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:55 AM

And finished with 52 shrines, all memories and the master sword in 35 hours.

A very good game, and easily the best of the 3d Zelda's, but this is not even the best game I've played this year, never mind of all time like some of the overtly vocal NDF would suggest. There's too many idiosyncrasies. Having a Spiderman Link hides having to plan the open world with too much thought so it felt almost procedural at times, plus the slipping in the rain makes things bloody frustrating when a storm kicks in when you just arrive at a shrine you've been chasing for ages and can't climb up to it. I actually kept my phone handy and started a game on that till the storm passed on a few occasions.

Finally, my biggest bugbear. The sidequests were crap. Every single one. I stopped doing them in the end just cos they were such an obvious drop in quality and were clearly there for filler. Plus the rewards were crap. Go get me a white horse for 300 rupees. Pfft. Fuck you, you racist.

#48 RetroBob

RetroBob

16-Bit

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:04 PM

So, I am...

75 Shrines

98 Korok sees (it blows my mind that there are 900)

19 hearts

MS Get

7/12 memories

All four divine beasts are done, so I think it told me I can go see Gannon now.

I think I will do a few more shrines and whatever Korok seeds are in the way (got the mask), fairy fountains etc, kill a Lynel or two (still not done that but now I can make mincemeat out of Guardians). Maybe do that Trial of the Sword thing.

Is there anything else major that I should do before finishing (be subtle if story spoiler), or anything that I need in terms of gear?

#49 Duffman

Duffman

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:07 PM

If you do all the memories first you get a

Spoiler

There is also a reward for all 120 shrines and I did all of them as I didn't feel like I'd beaten the game until then. I didn't do the endgame until after, but there's no pressing need to do them first.

#50 RetroBob

RetroBob

16-Bit

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

Thanks Duffers.

Isn't the next DLC supposed to be out now?

#51 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,649 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:10 PM

Yeah I thought they'd link it to the release of the new Guardian Amiibos but they didn't.

Also Bob the minute you left the plateau you could have gone to see Ganon ;)

Once I got to 70ish shrines  I decided to mainline it and go back for more once all the dlc was out. I'm really looking forward to it.

- it's a playground, but one where the slide jerks you off while the swings explode.

Posted Image

#52 RetroBob

RetroBob

16-Bit

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

I wondered if the DLC will be a separate story - I was thinking maybe something from 100 years ago when shit when down originally.

I tell you what, the voice acting is fucking awful, sounds like they are just phoning it in - no effort put in.

#53 RetroBob

RetroBob

16-Bit

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:30 AM

Ok so scratch that, it's out now! Just announced at The Game Awards, and yes it's about what happened '100 years ago' as they always say.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users