5 replies to this topic

#1 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,163 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:30 AM

Anyone getting this later in the month? I really enjoyed the demo - seemed really polished and a very interesting premise. I went through three times, and the outcomes were all satisfyingly different.

I know David Cage has his detractors, but I've seriously enjoyed all his games to be honest. They are so easy to play - perfect for when your too tired to play anything that requires too much thought or skill.

Looking forward to it.

#2 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,775 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:10 AM

I will get it at some point, but still haven't finished God of War or Far Cry 5.

I've really enjoyed all his games, even Beyond. I played that with the wife who controlled the ghost via the Ipad.

It'll be down to £20 in no time. :)

- it's a playground, but one where the slide jerks you off while the swings explode.

Posted Image

#3 Bondy

Bondy

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:56 AM

I will end up playing this sooner rather than later. I had a go at the demo they had at EGX, which was great, and I have the new demo queued up on my PS4. I know these games inevitably have some serious issues (I still have tonal whiplash from Fahrenheit and the Banging The Dead Dude section), but I love their ambition and no-one else quite pulls off cinematic cheesy drama like Quantic Dream. Until Dawn was close, but it was way too self-aware and okay with messing around with genre conventions...Quantic Dream have an earnestness to them that no-one else does. 

I look forward to a completely random and out of place 'the aliens did it!' scene at the end. Or something along those lines. 

Edited by Bondy, 16 May 2018 - 11:01 AM.

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

#4 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,163 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:07 AM

I actually thought Beyond told a great story. It did Stranger Things years before Netflix dreamed it up.

#5 Bondy

Bondy

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:03 AM

I enjoyed Beyond a lot, I think they did a really good job with Jodie's character. That scene where

Spoiler
. Sounds like I need to check out Stranger Things! 

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

#6 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,163 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:29 AM

I even liked the Navajo segment that had so many detractors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users