Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

Bloody hell!

Where has the time gone?

I remember picking it up day 1 along with my Surround sound system( a £99 all in one jobby from Argos but it had good reviews and for the size of room I was playing in it did the job)

So along with it looking awesome I could hear the splicers creeping around behind me, the creepy little sisters and all the ambient sounds. It was fucking awesome.

I've only ever finished it once and mean to go back to it again at some point I have the "remastered" editions on PC so it'll look (slightly) better.

It certainly showed what that generation was capable of and in my opinion still holds up as one of the best games last gen.

- it's a playground, but one where the slide jerks you off while the swings explode.

Posted Image

#2 RetroBob

RetroBob

16-Bit

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

Yikes, and what a game that was, great twist too.

XBL: RetroBob

3DS: 0232 8156 8633

Switch: 0175-5235-6428

#3 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

Yeah, the game was an absolute revelation in 2007, but I'd never replay it. The twist still seems too fresh and the old A to B gameplay tropes would grate these days.

#4 Idaho

Idaho

cunt

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,240 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

I seem to remember joining here not long after Bioshock came out so it must be nearly ten years you lot have put up with me.

This is one of the few games that had me thinking about it while I was at work, 24hrs a day it was just in my head.  I loved every second and have basically found it impossible to replay.  I've been tempted by the polished versions but getting through the first few sections just put me off whenever I went back to it.

I seem to remember there being about 5 different threads on here about it when I joined.

#5 Duffman

Duffman

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:36 PM

Prey's worth a play if you're pining for something similar. The story isn't as good and the world's not as memorable but in terms of the actual level design and depth, it's easily the best/most modern playable of the System Shock/Deus Ex inspired games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users