18 replies to this topic

#1 Papa

Papa

Where's the beach?

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,756 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

How do you prefer to buy your games these days?

For me, if the price is the same, I will always go digital, mainly because I am lazy and don't like having to swap disks / cartridges down. I will not however pay more for a digital game vs a physical game.

#2 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,165 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:38 AM

Physical on console. I basically played Horizon and Persona 5 for free cos I bought them at launch, then sold on for a little under what I paid once completed (and in Persona's case sold on for a profit!).

Digital on PC, cos usually CD Keys are massively discounted anyway, with new releases often around the £20 mark.

#3 El_Patriot

El_Patriot

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:47 AM

Physical for most things as I'm quite a hoarder, but I willbe getting Destiny 2 digital as I will end up playing it loads and am lazy.

#4 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

Price. That's all it comes down to for me. Which usually means I'll get a physical copy every time.

Having said that I don't own a single physical game on the Vita. Not even sure the cartridge slot works.

- it's a playground, but one where the slide jerks you off while the swings explode.

Posted Image

#5 Duffman

Duffman

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:45 AM

Digital if the price is ok. Especially on a handheld. Lost my 3DS last year in a case with all the games. Bit of a faff but I got all the digital purchases back but obviously not the cartridges.

#6 RetroBob

RetroBob

16-Bit

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,720 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

Physical for me though I do occasionally buy digital if no physical is available.

XBL: RetroBob

3DS: 0232 8156 8633

Switch: 0175-5235-6428

#7 Shufty

Shufty

Xylophonic Buggerist

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:42 PM

Pretty much exclusively digital on PC. Consoles depends on the price, got a good mix of physical and digital on my Switch.

Captain Birdseye was a paedophile. "Now son, do you want some of my special cod?"

#8 Pedro

Pedro

MY FIGHT MONEY!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

Because of geographical limitations, largely digital for me. That said though, when there is a game known to be fully playable in english, I'd scout it out here first just because of the yen/pound difference. I could have gotten Horizon:ZD for about 30 quid when it first came out, but then it seems the stores had gotten wise of the value before I could stump up the cash. It would have just been put on the POS for a while anyway.

My largest purchases (Witcher 3, Destiny) have been digital, but I won't go digital for new releases- they're priced way too high.

#9 Somerset_Bumkin

Somerset_Bumkin

It's all in the reflexes

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

Digital on PC because of Steam and much cheapness. Never on consoles because I forget I own them, the price is shit and I can't sell them (not that I really do anymore).
It's all in the reflexes.

#10 toneeblair

toneeblair

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

I mix and match depending on the price or if I see myself re-selling it down the line (hello Mass Effect Andromeda physical!).

Generally, I go more digital these days (especially on PC), with only a few physical games a year.

848380.png
- My name is feared in every dirty corner of this island! -

#11 Idaho

Idaho

cunt

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,317 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

Depends a lot on price for me. I like physical cos I can trade and pick things up super cheap. I paid 7 quid for battlefield 1 cos I traded ratchet and clank and doom.

#12 Al

Al

The future is tricklenet

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,334 posts
  • Interests:Games, music, books, boobies

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:49 PM

Price, unless it's a game I'll play loads. Then digital as old age laziness kicks in. Most of my digi purchases have been in sales.

#13 Pedro

Pedro

MY FIGHT MONEY!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:33 PM

Most of my digi purchases have been in sales.

This. I don't think I've paid full RRP for a game since HL2 collector's edition.

EDIT:
Yes, just remembered that I have: The Last Guardian. Paid quite a lot for it too, seeing as I had to buy the PS4 pro as well...

Edited by Pedro, 06 June 2017 - 02:29 PM.

#14 Smurph

Smurph

Sarge

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:17 PM

Depends.

#15 Smurph

Smurph

Sarge

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

Probably should expand on that. Physical if I'm going to lend it to my mate, or if it's a good price. Digital sales are a godsend though so mostly that. Wanted Wipeout in physical form but had no cash for a preorder so got it on release digitally as that was me payday.

#16 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:09 PM

Probably should expand on that. Physical if I'm going to lend it to my mate, or if it's a good price. Digital sales are a godsend though so mostly that. Wanted Wipeout in physical form but had no cash for a preorder so got it on release digitally as that was me payday.

If you account share then if you get it digitally, you can both play it.

It's saved me a fortune for online games that Jaden wants to play too.

- it's a playground, but one where the slide jerks you off while the swings explode.

Posted Image

#17 The Penultimate Ninja

The Penultimate Ninja

That's levitation, homes!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:39 AM

I'm on PC these days, so physical doesn't exist. If I had any of the current consoles I'd be buying physical where possible, because they still tend to take the piss with the digital prices.
Posted Image
360 - Craymen Edge // PS3 - CraymenEdge // Steam - CraymenEdge

#18 Shufty

Shufty

Xylophonic Buggerist

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:46 AM

Switch physical prices at the moment make digital an interesting prospect. I don't tend to trade stuff in so with Disgaea 5 £50 whether physical or digital I'm leaning more to digital so I don't have to remember the cart.

Captain Birdseye was a paedophile. "Now son, do you want some of my special cod?"

#19 The Penultimate Ninja

The Penultimate Ninja

That's levitation, homes!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:49 AM

Switch physical prices at the moment make digital an interesting prospect. I don't tend to trade stuff in so with Disgaea 5 £50 whether physical or digital I'm leaning more to digital so I don't have to remember the cart.

Digital does make a lot of sense for portable gaming, which is why Sony's Vita memory card prices were such a stupid mistake.
Posted Image
360 - Craymen Edge // PS3 - CraymenEdge // Steam - CraymenEdge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users