Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:15 PM

You should buy it on a real console 😯

I'd rather have people to play with ;)

- it's a playground, but one where the slide jerks you off while the swings explode.

Posted Image

#203 Somerset_Bumkin

Somerset_Bumkin

It's all in the reflexes

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,782 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:09 PM

😥
It's all in the reflexes.

#204 Mystic

Mystic

Lick the Candy

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Interests:Beer and Sex ... though the former usually leads to lack of the latter!

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:38 AM

😂
Shinpad Shepard

#205 Duffman

Duffman

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:57 PM

It seems to me that destiny dlc has a grand total of fuck all in it considering the money they ask for it. On top of all the existing dissatisfaction I'm hearing about the postgame content anyway. And it also locking off pre-existing content so that players who don't buy the DLC can't play certain things any more is a massive dick move on their part :/ Everything I hear about the game makes me glad I didn't buy it.

Edited by Duffman, 07 December 2017 - 12:57 PM.

#206 toneeblair

toneeblair

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:35 AM

Spoiler

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: The Champion's Ballad DLC (WiiU) - 2017 - 3/5

What a mixed bag!

Mostly it's retreading the same stuff you've already done a million times, including the old "fight the same bosses you did before" schtick, but all the new shrines were a highlight and it ends with possibly one of the best boss fights in the series.

Took way too long to get to the good stuff and ended up killing a lot of my enthusiasm for it.

848380.png
- My name is feared in every dirty corner of this island! -

#207 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

Spoiler

Doom-PS4- A beautiful ballet of gore, violence and destruction. What a game!

- it's a playground, but one where the slide jerks you off while the swings explode.

Posted Image

#208 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:15 PM

Dead Rising 4 - PC. Best Christmas game. Fookin loved it mate.

Spoiler

#209 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

Spoiler

SuperHot VR-PS4- What a fucking game. I'm really sold on VR as a concept, and this is a fine example. Loved every second.

Posted Image

#210 Duffman

Duffman

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:54 PM

Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

It was great. All in all a worthy sequel, and somehow the first of the Xenoblade games I've finished. Never finished the first as I lost my 3DS shortly before the final boss, and burned out on X shortly before the end.

There were a couple of poor design choices in the final chapter that took the momentum out of the game as it built to the conclusion. I also think making rare blades a gacha system was a mistake, it's not entirely satisfying. Though it's probably more due to how rare overdrive cores are in the game. I got 3 in the whole playthrough. Side quests were generally very poor, sadly. The field skills mechanic is utterly tiresome and the quests mostly boil down to fast travelling everywhere and using field skills.

Enjoyed the combat which made every encounter feel involved, and the little additions even in the endgame made it stay fresh. Enjoyed the world development stuff this time around, salvaging was a pretty good mechanic all things considered and I enjoyed getting to own all the shops. Story was good, straightforward in concept yes but I get annoyed with JRPGs that start with an overwrought premise and go from there. Starting simple and delivering good twists and turns is much preferred. There were tons of twists and turns and great cutscenes and likeable characters from start to finish. Just very gripping in a way that good JRPGs are.

I feel like my biggest issue with the last two games (and to be honest, near every JRPG I've ever played to some extent) is that at a certain point, the battle systems tend to start feeling like autopilot. This was the least of the three for that (compared to X and 1 which were equally big offenders - in both of those by the half way point I was doing the exact same thing in every fight), since the actions I was taking were varied in their order unlike the other two where I'd literally set my art palettes to require me to move from left to right over and over. It still suffered from the feeling of repetition a bit, but probably less so than most I can think of.

#211 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:51 AM

Life is Strange: Before the Storm - PC. Picked this up in the Steam sale for free thanks to flogging a load of useless pubg tat. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would after initially writing it off as a cash in. In many ways it betters the original. A very bittersweet ending too.

Batman Arkham Origins - PC. A great game to play over Christmas, and I still think it's the best Batman Arkham game since the original. Great plot, great boss fights.

Spoiler

#212 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

Forgot that i finished Doki Doki Literature Club during quieter afternoons at work in the runup to xmas so I've edited it in the above. Pretty fucking good too (and free on Steam).

#213 Pedro

Pedro

MY FIGHT MONEY!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:08 AM

Batman: Arkham Knight [PS4]
Destiny/Taken King/Rise of Iron [PS4] - single player/story missions
Tales from the borderlands - episodes 1,2,3
Tales from the borderlands - episodes 4,5
Destiny 2- single player campaign[PS4]

Destiny 2- Call of OsIrish[PS4]: - forgot to put this on here, but had it completed yonks ago. value for money as long as you remember you have another DLC coming. The lore is inconsistently handled, which is annoying. There are good parts, and then it all gets locked away in the lore section of weapons and such, and it takes a fucking age to research. Which is a shame, because it could all really come together nicely if they could explain it all in game, rather than being all new-media and meta about it. The gameplay is same as ever- gunplay amazing, play modes are lacking. Crying out for a horde mode or some kind of new crucible mode. Havent tried the new raid activity yet, but having heard good things looking forward to getting it done with everyone!

#214 toneeblair

toneeblair

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:01 AM

Spoiler

Life Is Strange: Before The Storm Ep. 3 (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Another great episode, I think I just love spending time in this world with these characters. Considering it wasn't the original studio, and prequels are always iffy, they've done an awesome job with this. It was surprising, heartfelt, funny as hell in places and bittersweet. 

Still pushing through Assassins Creed: Origins questing and cleanup, not sure I'll finish it before the end of the year (and it's pushing out finishing other stuff like Mario Odyssey).

All in all, it's been another year where I feel like I didn't have enough time to play all the games everyone was raving about, but there were some fantastic ones in there!

GOTYs would probably be:

• Zelda
  • Sexy Brutale
  • Life Is Strange
  • (+ technically last year) Inside

848380.png
- My name is feared in every dirty corner of this island! -

#215 RetroBob

RetroBob

16-Bit

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

Streets of Rage (Mega Drive)
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (3DS)

Alien Isolation + 2 DLC (Xbox One)

Wolfenstein The New Order (Xbox One)

Well here's how I ended up - one more than last year... I'll take that given we had a baby. I am well on the way to finishing Zelda, at least 140 hours in to that!

XBL: RetroBob

3DS: 0232 8156 8633

Switch: 0175-5235-6428

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users