7 replies to this topic

#1 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,163 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:40 AM

SquareEnix RPG due out on PS4 and Steam PC in the UK on July 19th.

Heavily influenced by Chrono Trigger, lovely art style. Old school world map! :)

Hyped!!

#2 Mystic

Mystic

Lick the Candy

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts
  • Interests:Beer and Sex ... though the former usually leads to lack of the latter!

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:50 AM

Really hyped for this too. It's about time. I hope it does well and sparks more of the same. Perhaps even enough to influence the FFVII remake?

Shinpad Shepard

#3 RetroBob

RetroBob

16-Bit

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:08 PM

Wow, E3 time already, crikey!

XBL: RetroBob

3DS: 0232 8156 8633

Switch: 0175-5235-6428

#4 Mystic

Mystic

Lick the Candy

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts
  • Interests:Beer and Sex ... though the former usually leads to lack of the latter!

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:31 PM

Pre purchased this the other day. I've lost the hype a touch. But I'm hoping it will get the nostalgia strings vibrating.
Shinpad Shepard

#5 toneeblair

toneeblair

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:09 AM

Fuck, I was hoping this was later in the year. I'm really excited for it, but I feel overwhelmed with all the games there are to play.

848380.png
- My name is feared in every dirty corner of this island! -

#6 Mystic

Mystic

Lick the Candy

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:14 AM

I've purposefully watched very little in the way of gameplay videos and reviews.

I'd like to keep it a bit of a surprise. The prospect of turn based battles and a real overworld map is filling me with hope. It'll be interesting to see how the older JRPG systems hold up.
Shinpad Shepard

#7 Mystic

Mystic

Lick the Candy

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

So this is, ok.

It's got all the things I've been harping on about for the last few years; turn based combat, Traversal world map with an airship, text based dialogue etc etc. And that is awesome. But it's just not that gripping. All areas look the same. Same snowy backdrops, same trees and buildings. I get what they were going for but it all feels a little... white?

I've read how a lot of people felt the story was very sombre and touching. I don't really get that from it. Something about the gameplay and the story just feels a bit hollow. I'm not sure of that's because the old JRPG style just can't hold its own in today's market, or if maybe it's just not a great game.

If I'd paid 15 quid or less for it I'd be a lot happier.
Shinpad Shepard

#8 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,163 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:33 PM

I decided to leave it till winter when I found out it was all set in snowy world. Summer in this country is cold and shit enough already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users