9 replies to this topic

#1 Idaho

Idaho

cunt

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,240 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:13 AM

Which is better? Have you tried them? Do you care?

I've been playing the overwatch beta for the last few days and really like it. On the flip side I know fuck all about battle born.

#2 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:11 AM

I played the Battleborn beta and it definitely carried some of the Borderlands feel and charm, just on a fuck tonne of amphetamine and dialed up to 11.

Not a bad game, but not one for me at all.

Not much help really. Soz.

#3 Al

Al

The future is tricklenet

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,307 posts
  • Interests:Games, music, books, boobies

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

Different games tbf, Battleborn is basically a MOBA where as Overwatch is a FPS. But you know that about OW.

I played a bit of the battleborn beta but didn't really get it. Overwatch was more instant but also has a learning curve with all the characters. I'm going OW when it is out.

I played OW with 4 other I knew, much better games in a proper team. I also love how the scoreboard isn't about K/D ratio, which is great as I suck at shooting. it rewards teamplay ahead of everything else and DLC will be free (from what I have heard)

Both devs are ace at keeping games updated etc.

#4 Al

Al

The future is tricklenet

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:20 AM

http://xboxclips.com...1863651407/week

Battleborn videos ;) 

#5 Shufty

Shufty

Xylophonic Buggerist

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:56 AM

https://www.rockpape...tleborn-review/

Rock Paper Shotgun review was not the best, seems like it's got something of an identity crisis with moments of brilliance. But I haven't played it.

Captain Birdseye was a paedophile. "Now son, do you want some of my special cod?"

#6 Idaho

Idaho

cunt

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,240 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:34 PM

I watched a review of battleborn but it didn't hold my interest.  I've tried a MOBA or 2 and don't really like them.  There's too much scope there to get my arse handed to me I think.  Looks like it'll be Overwatch for me!  

I agree with Al too, it was odd to not see K/D at the end but if you had a good streak it would highlight it.  The way it basically goes "here's what you did well" instead of the same info each time was really good.

#7 Duffman

Duffman

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:09 PM

I don't think they're really comparable to be honest. They're visually similar and have large character casts, but one's a MOBA game and one's a straight up PvP shooter. I'll be getting Overwatch as MOBAs just don't appeal to me.

#8 The Penultimate Ninja

The Penultimate Ninja

That's levitation, homes!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:35 PM

I played the Overwatch beta, and really liked it. I ended up pre-purchasing it. It reminds me a little bit of Team Fortress 2, except I like it.

I haven't played it, but Battleborn seems to have more MOBA trappings than I like. The reviews make the story missions sound like they have some issues that put me off, too.

Posted Image
360 - Craymen Edge // PS3 - CraymenEdge // Steam - CraymenEdge

#9 Al

Al

The future is tricklenet

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:57 PM

let me guess, PS4 slags? 

#10 Idaho

Idaho

cunt

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,240 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:42 PM

I'm sure they're completely different but on the surface they appear similar and that was enough for me to second guess my thought.  

I'll be on PS4... probably on at completely different times to everyone as usual! but then I did wake up about ten minutes ago... stupid job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users