#1 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,165 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

It begins...

Uncharted 2 - PS4 - This blew me away when I first played it, and I have to admit to being a little underwhelmed by it second time through. It still looks lovely visually though.

Until Dawn - PS4 - Now this was something special. I love horror movies and this game just smashed it. Absolutely fucking nailed a horror movie game experience. I played it through 3 times to get the platinum and it is incredibly clever how it all comes together. I read reviews when it came out that the quality drops half way through. Whoever wrote that is mental, because the second half is shit scary and the writing team in this game deserve a fucking medal. Chapter 9's nod to Silent Hill 2 is also awesome. If you enjoy horror films and have a PS4 this is as essential as it gets.

#2 Mr Rich

Mr Rich

What do I do?

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:07 PM

Assassin's Creed Unity - PS4 - Finally finished this fucker, was okay.  The story was quite interesting but to be honest I burned through it quickly as I have Syndicate waiting for me.

"The only truths are; there is no such thing as a wank or bum baby." - Marthagogo

#3 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:07 PM

Call of Duty:Black Ops 3 PS4- Meh/10. I usually enjoy these campaigns, they're my guilty pleasure. The action was flat, I had to restart several sections due to glitches, and the story was a nonsense.  Had a quick blast on MP and that seems good but I'm really into Destiny MP at the moment so I can't see it taking over. A poor start to the year.

- it's a playground, but one where the slide jerks you off while the swings explode.

Posted Image

#4 The Penultimate Ninja

The Penultimate Ninja

That's levitation, homes!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:51 AM

My first purchase, and first completion of the year is Pony Island (PC)

This is incredibly weird, clever, and really original. I loved it. It's a great way to spend a couple of hours.

Edited by The Penultimate Ninja, 09 January 2016 - 12:53 AM.

Posted Image
360 - Craymen Edge // PS3 - CraymenEdge // Steam - CraymenEdge

#5 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,165 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:11 AM

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - PC. Played this when it came out, but blasted (well, powerwalked) through again over the past couple of nights with the Unreal 4 updated grafix. Wow it's a stunning game to look at. Plays ok too. Bit clumsy narratively, but great atmosphere. 

Spoiler

#6 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:07 PM

Spoiler

Uncharted 2 - PS4 - This blew me away when I first played it, and I have to admit to being a little underwhelmed by it second time through. It still looks lovely visually though.

This doesn't bode well for the 3rd which I've always thought was the worst of the series, including Golden Abyss.

- it's a playground, but one where the slide jerks you off while the swings explode.

Posted Image

#7 Shufty

Shufty

Xylophonic Buggerist

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

I found the Uncharted games were great initially then they'd introduce a bullet sponge, maybe supernatural enemy that annoyed the living shit out of me.

Captain Birdseye was a paedophile. "Now son, do you want some of my special cod?"

#8 Idaho

Idaho

cunt

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,317 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:30 AM

The first is still my favourite of the uncharted games. The 3rd was fucking shit.

#9 Shufty

Shufty

Xylophonic Buggerist

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:36 PM

The first is still my favourite of the uncharted games. The 3rd was fucking shit.

I liked how all the English blokes looked like either Jason Statham or Ross Kemp's brother complete with identical hairlines.

Captain Birdseye was a paedophile. "Now son, do you want some of my special cod?"

#10 El_Patriot

El_Patriot

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:14 PM

Grim Fandango Remastered (Vita)

Sod's law that I would buy it and 2 weeks later it's free on PsPlus.

One of my childhood favourites, the atmosphere, characters and story are great. The puzzles are very obscure and a walk-through was required but still enjoyable, especially in small doses on my lunch break.

#11 toneeblair

toneeblair

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:47 PM

Dead Space 3 (Co-Op) (PC) - 3/5

First one of the year! Been playing this on and off with my brother across the pond throughout last year and we finally beat it this morning. As far as games go, it's mechanics are ageing pretty rapidly, it reeks of 2010-2013 shooter design and all the tropes that come with it. 

Predictable. frustrating, paper-thin plot and barely scary for a scary game, but enjoyable in co-op nonetheless!

848380.png
- My name is feared in every dirty corner of this island! -

#12 Somerset_Bumkin

Somerset_Bumkin

It's all in the reflexes

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:55 PM

This is the last 360 game I have to play. I'm looking forward to it. The first two were brilliant.
It's all in the reflexes.

#13 RetroBob

RetroBob

16-Bit

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,720 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:51 PM

After a shocking 2015 (0 games completed) I am off the mark in 2016...

House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii)

Loved the 70s horror movie style for this game, could have been longer as it left me wanting another level. I suppose it's better than getting tired of it just to finish it!

XBL: RetroBob

3DS: 0232 8156 8633

Switch: 0175-5235-6428

#14 RetroBob

RetroBob

16-Bit

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,720 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:55 PM

House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii)
Rez HD

Was just stumbling through my games list on Xbox and fancied giving this a go. The music is amazing!

XBL: RetroBob

3DS: 0232 8156 8633

Switch: 0175-5235-6428

#15 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,165 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:23 PM

Dragon's Dogma - PC - Main quest done. Wow, I struggled to get into this on PS3, but it shines on PC. 60 fps helps the frantic combat so much, and the game actually looks fantastic with all the vaseline scraped away. Amazingly playable. Going to hit up the DLC next.

Spoiler

#16 Shufty

Shufty

Xylophonic Buggerist

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:24 PM

Bloody hell, I got really bored on 360 with that. May try again.

#17 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:04 PM

Spoiler

AC Unity-PS4- Very good, not great but I enjoyed it. I'm so glad they patched out all the app/chest stuff so you could just open them too. No glitches or messed up faces for me either. I've got the Dead Kings dlc to go through which was free. Definitely worth a play.

Posted Image

#18 toneeblair

toneeblair

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:03 AM

Dead Space 3 (Co-Op) (PC) - 3/5

Assassins Creed: Syndicate (100% / Platinum) (PS4) - 3/5
Assassins Creed: Syndicate: Jack the Ripper (100%) (PS4) - 4/5

Strong start to the year! I cleared out all of the new AC and it's lengthy expansion after starting it in December. 
Much more interesting, fun and enjoyable to play than Unity last year and the Jack the Ripper DLC changed things up quite considerably from the main game.

Syndicate seriously lost its way in the last couple of chapters, but prior to that it was the most fun I'd had in an AC game since Black Flag. 

I do wish they'd just forgotten Top-Hat Twat Jacob existed and focused the whole game on his much more interesting sister (like they did for Jack the Ripper). 

848380.png

#19 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:20 PM

Spoiler

AC:Unity:Dead Kings dlc-PS4- Glad it was free... Glitchtastic and most of it is spent running through underground caverns.

Everybody's Gone to The Rapture-PS4-A great experience, not so much a game. Play it with headphones on and immerse yourself. It's quite unsettling at times, and the sound is great. Glad I've "played" it.

Posted Image

#20 toneeblair

toneeblair

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:45 PM

Spoiler

Fitz Packerton (PC) - 4/5

A tiny little game jam game from the Global Game Jam, made by some various indie devs. It's insubstantial in the time that it takes to finish (about 5 mintues) but what it does in those few minutes is really well put together.

It's a game about packing various bags, but tells an effective story with no words at all.

Edited by toneeblair, 08 February 2016 - 11:11 PM.

848380.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users