152 replies to this topic

#141 El_Patriot

El_Patriot

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:14 AM

If you got the Stranger's rifle then you completed the main story. Shame you didn't get it on ps4.

#142 Somerset_Bumkin

Somerset_Bumkin

It's all in the reflexes

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,782 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:22 AM

Yeah that's the one. Shame I didn't get a PS4, let alone Destiny! I only got it for the Halo franchise and that's dead to me now since 343 took over despite guarded optimism after Halo4.
It's all in the reflexes.

#143 RetroBob

RetroBob

16-Bit

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:30 PM

Embarrassingly I have finished nothing this year... until last night when my brother and I played through Streets of Rage on the Mega Drive. Love everything about this game!

XBL: RetroBob

3DS: 0232 8156 8633

Switch: 0175-5235-6428

#144 Idaho

Idaho

cunt

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,240 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

Mad Max (PS4) - Managed to squeeze at least one real game in.  I really enjoyed this.  Looked great, played great.  Starting to think I prefer the solid 7/10 games over the big blockbusters.  Either way it's well worth getting.

Journey (PS4) 
Rocket League (PS4) 

#145 Pedro

Pedro

MY FIGHT MONEY!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:27 PM

Ni No Kuni (PS3)

God of War 3 (PS3) [hard]

The Last Guardian (PS4): Bows in with a beast through within 20 hours. Short, clunky, but hits the emotional spot right in the feels. 

#146 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:25 PM

Call of Duty:Black Ops 3 PS4- Meh/10. I usually enjoy these campaigns, they're my guilty pleasure. The action was flat, I had to restart several sections due to glitches, and the story was a nonsense. Had a quick blast on MP and that seems good but I'm really into Destiny MP at the moment so I can't see it taking over. A poor start to the year.

Uncharted 2 - PS4 - This blew me away when I first played it, and I have to admit to being a little underwhelmed by it second time through. It still looks lovely visually though.

This doesn't bode well for the 3rd which I've always thought was the worst of the series, including Golden Abyss.

AC Unity-PS4- Very good, not great but I enjoyed it. I'm so glad they patched out all the app/chest stuff so you could just open them too. No glitches or messed up faces for me either. I've got the Dead Kings dlc to go through which was free. Definitely worth a play.

AC:Unity:Dead Kings dlc-PS4- Glad it was free... Glitchtastic and most of it is spent running through underground caverns.

Everybody's Gone to The Rapture-PS4-A great experience, not so much a game. Play it with headphones on and immerse yourself. It's quite unsettling at times, and the sound is great. Glad I've "played" it.

Mortal Kombat 9-360- Finished the story mode after 5 years... Good game this, had to cheese a couple of times but by the end I was stringing combos together. 1 down from the backlog :)

Legend of Zelda:Wind Waker HD-WiiU- Man this was good,and the TriForce hunt and boss rush at the end wasn't too bad. Ready for TPHD but I'm going to try and finish Phantom Hourglass as I've had it for years but didn't start it as I'd never finished WW!

The Division-PS4-Level 30 and all main missions done. Just got a couple of side missions to do and mop up a few collectibles (and the dark zone!) Really enjoyed this, especially in co-op. Will be putting a lot more time in and may even buy the season pass.

Quantum Break-Bone- After a rocky 1st act and 1st episode of the TV show this gripped me. A really good story, well acted and the episodes got better. The time mechanics work well and once you upgrade them a bit you can string together some amazing time based destruction.

A really solid game and despite what I said in the Now playing thread worth paying full price for. There is replay value to be had in the collectibles and making the different decisions to see how it plays out. I'll hopefully get time to go back to it at some point(Who am I kidding?)

Uncharted 3-PS4- Meh. It has it's moments, but too many firefights. Also soooo many frustrating deaths due to the game being unclear about where I'm supposed to go and it expecting you to tackle it's battles how it wants you to. I'm looking forward to 4 but I hope it's better than this.

Uncharted 4-PS4-The Best game ever! ™ Loved every moment.

GTA5-PS4- I went back to this last week having not played it since Nov 2014. Amazing game, loved most of the missions and some of them were so OTT! Trevor was so much fun to play as, Michael grew on me as time went on but his family are twats, and Franklin was meh. Going to give the online a bit of a go too, Sly Reflex is to blame.

Inside-Bone- Definitely agree with the WTF?! Moment :) I absolutely loved playing through this. Found most of the secrets on the play though and went back and got the 1 I missed. The secret ending is ambiguous... Well worth the time.

Limbo-Vita- Finished with all collectibles. Used a guide to get some of them to make this 2nd play through more worthwhile... I remembered how to do most of the puzzles immediately or after a bit of trial and error which was nice. Still an excellent game.

Lego Batman 2-Vita-I realised when I played Limbo I hadn't used my Vita for a while. So I played this. I enjoyed it more because I haven't played a Lego game since the first Indiana Jones one.

Rainbow Six Siege-PS4-Platinum Baby! Such an awesome game. I may have all the trophies but I'll be playing this for months to come. Also triple post, I have been busy(just not at work...) :)

The Wolf Among Us-PS4-Another Platinum :) I think this may be my favourite Telltale game. Can't wait for season 2.

Nihilumbra-Vita- Apart from the annoying voice over, which you can thankfully turn off I enjoyed this. Good use of the touchscreen and some interesting mechanics with the different powers you acquire. Well worth a couple of hours of your time.

Lego Lord of the Rings-Vita- Another Lego game, another Vita game. Same Lego gameplay but with added Hobbits. I think I may go for the Platinum on this, I've already replayed a few levels and found all the collectibles.

Battlefield Hardline-Bone- Good mindless fun. Much better than BF4 campaign. I liked the option of stealth with the arrests, and if things went tits up you could blast your way out. Not a bad story either. Worth a play, especially as it can be picked up dirt cheap now, or via EA Access.

Gears of War 4-Bone- Finished it on hardcore. Good gory fun. Already on another run through, this time co-op. I traded in my disc copy and bought it digital so I could play some MP with Jimmy who I convinced to buy it.Only cost me an extra 74p. Fuck me it looks awesome on the PC.

3/4s Home-Vita- Good story but no game.

Actual Sunlight-Vita- A little bit of game and a good story about depression. Mademewanttokillmyself/10

The Walking Dead:Michonne Episode 1-PS4- Usual Telltale gameplay, story starts well.

Titanfall 2-PS4-Fuck that was good. Not a dull moment. I loved the way it mixed things up from beginning to end. My game of the year so far. It's fairly short. It probably took me 5-6 hours on Regular difficulty, but it didn't need more. Epic game. It's a shame that sales seem to be a bit shit as the MP is fantastic. Hopefully word of mouth will make sales pick up. If you only buy one shooter released in Oct/Nov, this should be the one.

Halo 3-Heroic-Bone-Co-op with James in one sitting, we just kept on playing then realised we'd nearly finished it :) Good times were had. It's still my favourite Halo game, even though some suspect checkpointing and signposting caused some minor frustrations

Gears 4 again co-optastic.

Call of Duty:Infinite Warfare-PS4-A game of 2 halves. The campaign is excellent, if a little short. The side missions although quite samey add a lot to the game and are worth doing for upgrades. The story is pretty good and it goes places you wouldn't expect. Almost as good as TF2 campaign, it has higher production values, looks nicer but it just misses out imo. It even has a robot buddy, but he doesn't let you slip inside him so it loses points for that ;)

The multiplayer is a big steaming pile of shite. Think of that pile of shite in Jurassic Park, then double it and you've got a close approximation of the MP aspect of this game. It so badly wants to be Titanfall but it's so stilted and clunky.

Call of Duty:Modern Warfare Remastered-PS4- Yep, it's still excellent and the MP still holds up. Shame nobody I know has it :(

And probably my final game this year, although that does depend on what I play this evening...

Rise of the Tomb Raider-Bone-(plus Baba Yage/Blood Ties DLC)- It's a lot of fun, but too similar to the last game. I mean she's an intrepid adventurer who goes out woefully under equipped and relearns everything from the last game ( I know video game) It wouldn't be so bad but it just feels too long.

These new skills and equipment are just what you need to progress and handily what you need to tackle the last tomb you found.

I'm hoping they mix up the formula for the next one as I love the platforming and puzzling and to a degree the combat, but the RPG elements are getting tired.

- it's a playground, but one where the slide jerks you off while the swings explode.

Posted Image

#147 toneeblair

toneeblair

Advanced Member

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:25 PM

Spoiler

Pokemon Moon (3DS) - 5/5

This was an unexpected breath of fresh air this year. It's taken a series that has been pretty stale for many years and re-examined a lot of the established structure and mechanics to create something that feels really fresh and new. It's also unabashedly positive and breezy game, which was a relief after the year that 2016 has been.

To see the year out, I might finish 'Final Fantasy XV' or 'Oxenfree' (really enjoying both so far), but I plan to double down and tackle the backlog next year. 

848380.png
- My name is feared in every dirty corner of this island! -

#148 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:53 AM

Final Fantasy 15:
Flipping brilliant. The atmosphere really felt like a Final Fantasy game. Batshit plot that makes precious little sense and takes a lot of filling in the blanks. Loved it.

The combat wasn't spectacular but it was deep enough to keep me interested. No different from highlighting "attack" and hitting x really.

Great music and cracking atmosphere.

Did you hit up any of the end game content? I'm close to the end now too, and the amount of secret boss/dungeon stuff accessible after the story looks insane!

#149 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:56 AM

Final list for 2016.

Fallout 4 - Far Harbor - PC.

2013: Infected Wars - Vita.

Mass Effect 3 - PC.

Mass Effect 2 - PC.

Watch Dogs 2 - PC.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst - PC.

Deadpool - PC.

SOMA - PC. 

Crysis 2 - PC. 

Skyrim Remaster - PC.

Bulletstorm - PC.

Mafia 3 - PC

Forza Horizon 3 - PC.

Dead Rising - PC.

Life is Strange ep 1 -5 - PC.

Enderal: The Shards of Order - PC.

The Final Station - PC.

State of Decay YOSE - PC.

The Last of Us - PS4.

Alan Wake - PC.

Quantum Break - PC.

Inside - PC.
Mafia 2 + Joe's Adventure DLC - PC.
The Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine - PC.
Homefront The Revolution - PC
Rise of the Tomb Raider - PC.
Dragon Age: Inquisition plus all DLC - PC.
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare - 360.
Red Dead Redemption - 360.
I am Alive - PC.
Fallout: New Vegas - PC. 
Fallout: NV: Old World Blues - PC. 
The Division - PC.
Dying Light: The Following - PC.
Firewatch - PC.
Dragon's Dogma - PC.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - PC.
Uncharted 2 - PS4.
Until Dawn - PS4.

#150 Mystic

Mystic

Lick the Candy

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Interests:Beer and Sex ... though the former usually leads to lack of the latter!

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

Yeah I'm smashing through the post game content now, Jusat. Just doing some grinding and finding all the armiger weapons at the moment.
Shinpad Shepard

#151 Ginja

Ginja

Mehathon!!!

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,693 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:19 AM

Dying Light-poc-I had a great deal of fun with this, played 99.9% in co-op but the ending is an enforced single player section that is all trial and error and not in keeping with the rest of the game. The parkour is excellent and the combat satisfying. Well worth a play, but I'm safe in saying I will not play this game ever again. A bitter/sweet ending.

- it's a playground, but one where the slide jerks you off while the swings explode.

Posted Image

#152 Jusatsushi

Jusatsushi

Herp that Derp

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:53 AM

The following dlc is better than the main game imo.

#153 RetroBob

RetroBob

16-Bit

• Established
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

Well I am ashamed to say I only finished 3 games this year. That said I did put over 100 hours in to Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario edition on the 3DS.

Fortunately my bro an I played through Streets of Rage on the Mega Drive on Christmas Eve eve. We've finished it before but often get stuck at 'the bitches' just before the last boss, we worked out that the trick is NOT to jump as they seem to jump kick when you do.

House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii)

Rez HD (XBLA)

Streets of Rage (Mega Drive)

2017 - the year I my games room is done and I have a kid, so I'll have a nice room to put my games in put no time to play them!

XBL: RetroBob

3DS: 0232 8156 8633

Switch: 0175-5235-6428

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users