Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Smurph

2018 Game Completion Thread

Havent kept track in a couple of years but gonna get back at it this year. Right, lets be having you.

Raiden V (PS4)

Edited by Smurph

Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4) Bloody awesome game. I am going to give it a couple of weeks before I jump into the DLC, but I will get around to it.

Mario Kart (SNES mini) - SNES mini was a big hit with my big bro this Christmas. Took us back over 20 years as we smashed Special Cup together.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Switch

It was alright. Biggest mistake was putting a mansion like environment at the end and reminding me how much better the gameplay works in confined locations with traipsing back and forth.

Star Wars Battlefront 2-PS4- Very pretty, and better than expected in places.

Assassins Creed: Origins (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Probably the best one since Black Flag, the story was classic AC and the characters were great. New combat system and controls took a bit of getting used to but it played really nice and the performance was smooth as butter on PS4.

The Walking Dead:Michonne-PS4- Usual Telltale stuff. I enjoyed this while it lasted.

The Walking Dead:Michonne-PS4- Usual Telltale stuff. I enjoyed this while it lasted.

Wolfenstein 2:The New Colossus-PS4- This is awesome fun. Batshit mental, some outstanding set pieces and it looks lovely. Slightly too long is the only criticism I could level at it.

Uncharted 4: A Thiefs Tale (PS4) - Bloody brilliant. The combat worked best when you were given options for dipping in and out of stealth, but the world and narrative more that made up for any issues. I loved the ending, and thought it was a nice way to close out the main series. Also, the HDR implementation looked seriously good. I would say this is a better poster child for the HDR that horizon zero dawn, though that also looks amazing.

Journey - PS4: was a steal on the store, so bought and played. Was not disappointed. Some good challenges for trophies (that I will inevitably forget about). Surprised to see that a good friend of mine actually worked on it as a developer, as I had no idea.

Wolfenstein 2:The New Colossus-PS4- This is awesome fun. Batshit mental, some outstanding set pieces and it looks lovely. Slightly too long is the only criticism I could level at it.

The Walking Dead S3 E1-PS4- Starts strong, ends stronger.

Doom (Switch)

Absolutely loved this game from start to finish. Looks a little ropey and frame rate drops a touch in busy scenes towards the end of the game, but it is so much fun to play. I really like the portability of this version, but no doubt it will be even better on PS4/Bone/PC.

It can be had for around ten quid on other platforms, but Im not unhappy to have paid full price for the Switch version. Get it if you havent already!

South Park: The Fractured But Hole (PS4)

I loved Stick of Truth, one of very few games I completed more than once last gen. This one felt like it was missing something (possibly due to some of it being held back for dlc). The story was pretty entertaining though not amazing. The second half of the game really started to drag for me; so much so that I took a break for a few months only to finish it after a few hours. I thought the ending was a bit pants too.

The combat has been made more involved, and there is a crafting system that is largely pointless. To be honest the battles take too long and I prefer the simpler combat of SOT.

Overall a decent game, if perhaps a bit less fresh and interesting than SOT.

First of the year a little long in coming but at least it made January.

Assassin's Creed Origins - PS4.

At times it was utterly amazing. I like the new larger open world. I like the combat. I loved exploring pyramids and riding around the desert hunting for crafting components.

The story and characters didn't really grab me though, and as a result the last quarter of the game really started to drag so I just gave up and plowed through the main quest.

Celeste - Switch

One of the best platform games ever. Now for the bonus content.

God of War 3 Remastered (PS4)

It was okay. More of the same, so not as fresh as the first 2. Not an outstanding remaster, it just looks like resolution has been increased.

Not bad for the £7 it cost in a PSN sale a while back, and now geared up for the new one in April.

The Walking Dead S3 E2-PS4-Can't wait to see where this is going!

Nier:Automata-PS4- Fuck me what a game. It keeps you on your toes throughout the whole game. Changing things up, and turning them on their head. One of the best games I've had the pleasure of playing.

and that final end credit sequence!!!!

Got the Platinum too

Okay I ended with 67% of the trophies but it would have been rude not to buy the rest :)

Everybody needs to give this game a go.

Assassins Creed: Origins: The Hidden Ones DLC (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Tried this out on my new TV in lovely HDR (amaaazing!). DLC is nothing spectacular, but more of the same, with a bit of a "getting the gang back together" feel.

Still got to polish off Mario Odyssey, but the wife has grown attached to the Switch and Stardew Valley so proving hard :D

Nier:Automata-PS4- Fuck me what a game. It keeps you on your toes throughout the whole game. Changing things up, and turning them on their head. One of the best games I've had the pleasure of playing.
Spoiler
Got the Platinum too
Spoiler

Killzone:ShadowFall-PS4-Bland, uninspiring and dull. Not Haze bad, but nearly. I got halfway through and dropped it 4 years ago and wanted a game to finish that was short after devoting 50 hours to Nier. At least it's another from the backlog...

Resident Evil 7 - PC. My second time through. I still think it's an amazing game, but it felt so short on a second run through!

Assassin's Creed Origins - PS4

Assassins Creed: Origins: The Hidden Ones DLC (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Mario Odyssey (Switch) - 2017 - 4/5

Strong start to the year! I finally pried the Switch from my wife's Stardew vice grip and polished off the campaign for Mario. First 3D Mario game I've sunk into in... ever? It didn't pull me in as much as Breath of the Wild did, but still a fantastic slice of game.

Spoiler
Got the Platinum too
Spoiler

Killzone:ShadowFall-PS4-Bland, uninspiring and dull. Not Haze bad, but nearly. I got halfway through and dropped it 4 years ago and wanted a game to finish that was short after devoting 50 hours to Nier. At least it's another from the backlog...

Journey-PS4- Had a couple of hours to spare this morning as I was on call. Still excellent and I'd forgotten most of it since I haven't played it since it was first released on the PS3.

Spoiler
Got the Platinum too
Spoiler

Journey-PS4- Had a couple of hours to spare this morning as I was on call. Still excellent and I'd forgotten most of it since I haven't played it since it was first released on the PS3.

The Walking Dead S3 E3-PS4- Story still gripping, love the flashbacks.

Shadow of the Colossus - PS4. The greatest remake ever. It makes the game even better than it already was. Wonderful stuff.

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Assassin's Creed Origins - PS4