Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
El_Patriot

GOTY 2017

Pretty much every major new release is out, so what are everyones games of the year? Im going to do 2 lists; games released this year, and older games Ive played. Maybe if I can be bothered Ill set up a poll containing everyones top choices.

2017 Releases:

1. Super Mario Odyssey

2. Zelda Breath of the Wild

3. Horizon Zero Dawn

4. Destiny 2

5. Uncharted Lost Legacy

Old Games:

1. Doom (I know the Switch version is this year but still putting it here).

2.Last Guardian

3. The Order

4. God of War 2

5. Deus Ex MD

A brilliant first 9 months for the Switch, Ive played more on that since I bought it than anything else. A pretty good gaming year for me with more to come thanks to that fat guy with a beard (not me) potentially bringing more in a couple of weeks.

It's been an incredible year for games.

I'm torn completely. One minute I'm all Horizon ZD, the next I'm Breath of the Wild.

There's PUBG too. I've put 50 hours into that.

1. Prey

2. Divinity 2

3. Zelda

4. Resi 7

5. Xenoblade 2

Despite this being a great year it's been one of the easiest top 5's I've done in a while.

1) Zelda

2) Destiny 2-Caveat only because of the clan fun with the Raid.

3) COD WWII

4) Uncharted Tornado Low Level

They're the only games from 2017 I have completed... If I had to put a 5th it would be Resi 7. Hoping to put some time into this next week when I'm off(and nobody else is in the house to hear me squeal like a little girl.

Im slow on most of the big games due to money, but I cant see past Nier: Automata. Its almost everything I ever wanted in a game and while 2017 has been a great year, Nier actually goes into my all time top ten. I mean, have you played it? It has Smurph writ large upon its beautiful chest. Here ya go Smurph my son, have tons of shmup bits in an already amazing adventure. Youre welcome. Love, Nier.

Im slow on most of the big games due to money, but I cant see past Nier: Automata. Its almost everything I ever wanted in a game and while 2017 has been a great year, Nier actually goes into my all time top ten. I mean, have you played it? It has Smurph writ large upon its beautiful chest. Here ya go Smurph my son, have tons of shmup bits in an already amazing adventure. Youre welcome. Love, Nier.

So we've had some difference of opinions recently, yours wrong, mine right ;) but I digress.

I started Nier yesterday and have finished the mission in the desert. This game is fucking amazing and fucking weird

Man baby being born!! WTF

the combat is excellent, the way you can switch between melee and your pod for ranged attacks. Some bits are full on shmup, some bits twin stick shooter. I love the fact that it keeps switching perspective.

The story so far has me guessing and from what I've heard I'm going to have to finish it twice at least to get the full story. It doesn't look great and the map is a bit shit but it plays at a solid 60fps.

I think if I'd played this last year it would definitely have made my list. I've got an easy day at work so I'm intending to put a fair few more hours in today.

Yakuza 0 - introduced me to this series and now I've played them all (western releases) and cannot wait for Yakuza 6. Fucking love it.

So we've had some difference of opinions recently, yours wrong, mine right ;) but I digress.

I started Nier yesterday and have finished the mission in the desert. This game is fucking amazing and fucking weird

Man baby being born!! WTF

the combat is excellent, the way you can switch between melee and your pod for ranged attacks. Some bits are full on shmup, some bits twin stick shooter. I love the fact that it keeps switching perspective.

The story so far has me guessing and from what I've heard I'm going to have to finish it twice at least to get the full story. It doesn't look great and the map is a bit shit but it plays at a solid 60fps.

I think if I'd played this last year it would definitely have made my list. I've got an easy day at work so I'm intending to put a fair few more hours in today.

Well at last! Im actually dead chuffed when people love that game, for some reason. Maybe the integration of the shmup bits.

Anyway, there isnt really a 2nd playthrough. Basically when it says its the end, it isnt at all. Youre not playing through it again, just playing on. Enjoy!

Well at last! Im actually dead chuffed when people love that game, for some reason. Maybe the integration of the shmup bits.

Anyway, there isnt really a 2nd playthrough. Basically when it says its the end, it isnt at all. Youre not playing through it again, just playing on. Enjoy!

Finished Ending A and went and started the next playthrough/continuation. Man this game goes places. I fucking love it. I did a fair few side quests first time round, so just mopping up a few more this time round. Without doubt it would have been my GOTY last year.

And @Jusat no this definitely was not was I was expecting :)

Sounds a bit like what Bravely Second does, unlocking an NG+ after the "ending" that is very much not NG+ but a continuation of the story.

Oh I forgot to say that Mass Effect was my GOTY. Partly because I didnt play many new games and also because I bloody loved it. It wasnt perfect but it wasnt far off.